Re Draft

Mark92

I was wondering just three weeks in to the season what would a Draft do over look like?  Would the Browns stick with Baker, would the Giants change their minds and take Darnold?  If so,  who do the Jets take?   I feel like everyone is happy with what they have at the moment.  Darnold, Baker and Allen have all shown why they were drafted high.

Edited by Mark92

1 minute ago, Batman1876 said:

The Giants not grabbing a QB sooner will be a decision that will haunt them. 

Yeah that is a HUGE blunder.  They had the perfect situation to take a QB to him sit behind Manning.  But oh well... bad for them and good for us.

1 minute ago, Batman1876 said:

Terrible decision.

The issue was there is a new coach/gm and they are trying to win as many games as possible this year so they drafted the best player and didn’t want the 2nd pick off the board as a backup QB.

If John Mara is involved in football decisions, he should have overruled Gettleman/Shurmer

9 minutes ago, billspro said:

I think Allen, Baker, and Darold go top three

I believe that more today than I did a week ago, to my great pleasure. 

Just now, BillsRdue said:

I'm so glad the G-men crapped the bed but Barkley is a hell of a player. Somehow we still may have got Allen at 7. Jets would have taken Rosen over Allen.

I’d actually have preferred that scenario. 

6 minutes ago, Batman1876 said:

I thought that as well, but my son informed me that there may be some good QB prospects coming out next year and not that many teams in need of a QB.

I think the Browns have to be thrilled with Mayfield.

I think the Jets are happy with Darnold so far, and the Bills are happy with Allen so far.

Weird things: I watched Case Keenum look like a career journeyman today with multiple opportunities to win it for the Broncos vs. the Ravens. They will regret not going with Allen, the guy rumored to be Elway's guy all along. Likewise the Giants not going with Rosen or Darnold or Allen.

And I still don't get why the Browns didn't do what was obvious: Mayfield (or whichever QB they preferred) AND Saquon Barkley. I think they'll regret that.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billspro said:

GMs should be fired for passing on QBs

Well, almost certainly when you have an aging C+ QB and you are in a rare position to grab a top choice in a QB rich draft. But each situation is unique. The Giants were uniquely foolish. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Batman1876 said:

Maybe they'll regret it eventually, but in a re-draft right now, I still think they go with Barkley.  There are going to be some good QBs drafted next year too.