Re Draft

Mark92

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

I thought that as well, but my son informed me that there may be some good QB prospects coming out next year and not that many teams in need of a QB.

Outside of what Haskins is doing at OSU, every one of the “2019 draft QBs” had put enough on tape to go out last year. There’s a reason they all went back to school, they would have been no higher than the 5th QB off the board. 

People had been drooling over Darnold / Rosen / Allen for 2 years. Baker (rightfully) forced his way into the conversation. This was the year to grab a QB and it looks like there’s a chance we got one. 

I really like this QB class.  They are all different style QBs but they all have undeniable talent.  I think because we had no idea how the draft was going to shake out it made us all learn to like all of them to an extent.   On a side note I am really happy that Allen stuck it to everyone that was pissed we drafted him today.  

31 minutes ago, Doc said:

I heard the hype from his rookie year and watched him as a sophomore.  He's a turnover machine.

He takes shots. He’s the anti-Tyrod. He will learn as all rookies do, with lots of ups and downs. Who knows who the winner is at this point? 

Edited by Augie
  • Thank you (+1) 1

For me the issue of a redraft focuses in on Pat Mahomes. We had the opportunity in that draft to either snag him or Watson but by all accounts we were already looking ahead to this past draft for our QB of the future, instead of just drafting one then. But that trade with KC in my eyes could haunt me depending on where we are a couple years from now.

And dont even mention picking Sammy 'what have i done to justify all this money' Watkins over Khalil Mack... A fan can drive themselves crazy with the what ifs & all that jazz. I'm just thankful we competed today & got the win.

58 minutes ago, Augie said:

I think 3 years is a better time to ask than 3 weeks. The only thing I feel strongly about is the Giants are idiots for not taking a QB, probably Darnold. 

The same would go for Denver.  We have to thank Cleveland for taking the CB and changing the draft landscape!!1