Always Wear Your Seatbelt

TSNBDSC

I was at the hospital 3 saturdays ago one of the kids my son played peewee football with for 7 years was run off the road, flipped his truck was ejected, and will never walk again.    His mother grabbed my son by the shoulders and said "always wear your seat belt".    I think he gets it.     He has had 3 surgeries since he was finally stabilized.   Finally speaking again.   I think we're going to go see him again this weekend. 

• Sad 2

You would think by now, people wouldn't have a problem wearing their seatbelts, not smoking cigarettes, and wear condoms

Yet it still seems like theres always some that just dont think they need to.

There was a generation that never wore seatbelts, and didnt think they needed them driving their massive Buick or Oldsmobile boat down the road or their car didnt even come equipped with them. But there are kids out there who grew up when seatbelts were always mandatory and still dont use them.

There was also a generation that grew up in a time where smoking cigarettes wasnt seen as a health issue, but we have all known for decades it's a huge health risk and yet kids that have always grown up knowing this still do it. 

19 hours ago, TSNBDSC said:

Centrifugal force is a powerful thing.    In the video at 1:38 is the guy picking his kid off the highway?

Besides the seat belt issue, it is interesting to see what starts the entire process to begin with.  Sometimes it appears it is almost nothing.  Hydroplaning perhaps.

My parents would try to be sly and avoid using their seatbelts....sometimes even pulling across but not buckling. Same with MIL. I guess they grew up without them, and the older you get the more difficult it is to buckle. Fortunately cars now will go DING, DING, DING! until you buckle up. UNfortunatley, they often couldn’t hear it so I’d still have to tell them.  I don’t get wht anyone would NOT wear a seatbelt. Just crazy! 

Edited by Augie

35 minutes ago, Augie said:

My parents would try to be sly and avoid using their seatbelts....sometimes even pulling across but not buckling. Same with MIL. I guess they grew up without them, and the older you get the more difficult it is to buckle. Fortunately cars now will go DING, DING, DING! until you buckle up. UNfortunatley, they often couldn’t hear it so I’d still have to tell them.  I don’t get wht anyone would NOT wear a seatbelt. Just crazy! 

SOMETIMES I find myself not wearing it and after watching that video I never will again

• Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

SOMETIMES I find myself not wearing it and after watching that video I never will again

Even if I wanted to skip it (and I hope that’s never the case), my Toyota would drive me crazy dinging at me until I gave in and buckled up. It’s not an option. 

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m not that patient! I throw groceries on the floor before it stops! Yeah, I’ve bruised a banana or two in my dinging days. 

They make little plugs that go in seat belt receiver so you can put groceries on seat.

Not to be used when a human is occupying seat though!!!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

5 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

They make little plugs that go in seat belt receiver so you can put groceries on seat.

Not to be used when a human is occupying seat though!!!

If I had a Miata I might need that. I just use the floor or back seat. 

• Like (+1) 1