Always Wear Your Seatbelt

TSNBDSC

On 9/24/2018 at 11:24 AM, apuszczalowski said:

You would think by now, people wouldn't have a problem wearing their seatbelts, not smoking cigarettes, and wear condoms

I took an informal poll at work and was shocked by the number of people who said they didn't wear them regularly. Almost all of them were 40+, as am I.  The reason I took the poll was my jackass bro consistently not wearing his in the car. I don't understand it at all. 

the only time i don't wear mine is when we're out on the hunting property throwing corn, or trimming shooting lanes, going around 5mph or less.    

That and at the boat ramp.   The only place I think a seat belt is a liability. when i'm backing the boat down the ramp, no one is in the truck, both windows are rolled down and no seatbelt.   I've heard of guys getting their doors pinned against the dock and being unable to get out of their cars when something went wrong.   

Other than those two examples, there is no reason not to wear the thing.  

Edited by Soda Popinski
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Gary M said:

I do most of my driving at 25 MPH or less, never put the belt on. But if I head for the highway it's on.

The force of an accident at 25MPH is roughly equivalent to falling off a 2 story building (20 feet).

If that happens you'll wish you had just put on the seatbelt, but hey, it's your body not mine!

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

The force of an accident at 25MPH is roughly equivalent to falling off a 2 story building (20 feet).

If that happens you'll wish you had just put on the seatbelt, but hey, it's your body not mine!

I had my share of accidents when I was younger, most were weather (ice) related.

I slid an S10 into a pole, the rear axle hit the pole and the truck swung 180 deg in a split second. I ended up in the passenger seat.

When my wife saw the truck it had two impact spots on the windshield, she asked what hit that?

It was my head. not a scratch on me.

I know I was lucky, but just the same you and the government shouldn't be worried about me.

Seat belt laws are a cash cow for the government.

Edited by Gary M