[Vague Title] The future is ok

Kirby Jackson

People....really now?  Davis retires after SIZX QUARTERS of football and the Bills leadership DIDN'T KNOW this?  Oh come on!  Are they clueless?  With the NFL changing to a single roster cut....you had DARN SURE BETTER KNOW if players are going to retire in week!  SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESH

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I never said that I was a process guy. If you’ve been paying attention I have been one of the last adopters. I think that Allen can play. That will cover a lot of the other flaws.

Well you ended your post with trust the process.  And sorry i dont remember every post by every member.  Im not saying your wrong..im just surprised this season has turned you optimistic thats all.  Nothinh wrong with just surprised.  I like Allen as well but i think alot more needs to be seen

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’ll PM you the text. Check your PM and the dates. I’ve ALWAYS told the truth here.

Not calling it fake news....but it doesn't worry you that somehow the COACHING STAFF didn't know one of their starting CBs was going to retire???  Come on!

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

The only thing about Davis retiring that made it a story was how he did it.

What the?  Yes, the story here is that the Coaching Staff apparently wasn't aware that one of their precious 53 man roster was going to switch majors before the Semester's first pop quiz!  Now THAT is frightening.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Not calling it fake news....but it doesn't worry you that somehow the COACHING STAFF didn't know one of their starting CBs was going to retire???  Come on!

Well I just sent you a PM with a text from 9/9/18 saying that was in the cards. You might not agree with me but don’t ever call my credibility into question. I have always told it like it is and shared information that was relevant. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

So I used to be a big BBMB guy, but I had to leave because it was just so insane.  I feel like the BBMB closing has caused this forum to go right down hill, becoming BBMB part 2.  Its gotten so bad I had to finally sign up and post.  

Right on

Right there with you Kirby. I will admit the first half today had me upset. Not because they were losing but because of some calls I witnessed. Hughes being dropped in a 3-12 situation was inexcusable. The Bills only pass rusher needs to be doing that on passing downs.

the second half made me feel great. Allen started running some and it seemed to help calm his nerves. Allen was exactly what I thought he would be, a talented rookie learning how to adjust and read NFL speed. 

The defense played amazing in the second half. I could care less how it looks that Davis quit at half. Boldin quit last year and went out and made the playoffs. 

The team responded great at half. They will play for McDermott and Allen can rally the guys. 

Watching Allen on some of those runs reminded me of watching Kelly run. A big strong guy who isn’t afraid of anyone . 

This is the beginning. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Skins Malone said:

Well you ended your post with trust the process.  And sorry i dont remember every post by every member.  Im not saying your wrong..im just surprised this season has turned you optimistic thats all.  Nothinh wrong with just surprised.  I like Allen as well but i think alot more needs to be seen

I didn’t end with trust the process. I said “trust the progress.” That’s the young guys. There are many, many posts where I’ve questioned this regime. I just think that they might have hotbed on the QB. That’s what this entire year is about.

Just now, Skins Malone said:

What that means is they lost Davis...doesnt have anything to do with the locker.  I get it..maybe he has..but no.one can say 100% that the locker room is lost..none of us are in there.

Open you eyes man!! It’s so obvious. 

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Well I just sent you a PM with a text from 9/9/18 saying that was in the cards. You might not agree with me but don’t ever call my credibility into question. I have always told it like it is and shared information that was relevant. 

Kirby....once again, you could be right or wrong.  I honestly don't care!  The real question here is why didn't the Bills organization know this?

17 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I know that I haven’t been a “process” guy from day 1. I wanted to see what these guys did first. I think there has been good and bad.  

With that being said, Allen looks like a player. He was one of the best players on the field today for the Bills. He wasn’t perfect but there was a lot to like.

Agreed. I liked what I saw from the Rookie in his first start. However there are some things to work on. And not sure Culley (well pretty positive he isnt) the right guy for the job. 

Secondly, Vontae Davis retiring at halftime is the most overblown story of the year. He was a CB that was done, making $5M a year. He makes no difference on the field. IMO, that’s a total non-story that has gotten WAY too much attention. If Ramon Humber decided tomorrow that he was never playing again it would be more impactful IMO. 

This is an issue because for what he will make, Kerley will make, Coleman will make for not being on the team they could have kept Gaines. However bring in Breeland Monday and then it really isnt a loses at all. 

The Bills aren’t going to be good. Those people that thought .500 was in the cards need to get realistic. At the same time, they showed some progress today and may have found the most important position in sports. If they give him some players we can be good again by as soon as next year. I walked out of today with an optimism that I haven’t had in a long time. 

Trust the Progress

And about the Process I am not all in on it. 

• Like (+1) 1