UB-42 Rutgers-13 Bulls 4-0

PromoTheRobot

35 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

BTW, and side note, if we don't have it I would imagine it is a paid service, right?

If so I am not getting it.  I have enough of those.  I might as well try and go to Papi Grande's, if I can steal away for a little bit.

It's only free if you already get that channel on cable or satellite. 

5 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

4 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Still not gonna be an easy one...

they have a good RB that we need to stop... but I’m not sure if they can stop our offense 

Loving Temple beating Tulsa right now on ESPN, in an effort to get to 2-2.

it helps the Bulls.

27 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Loving Temple beating Tulsa right now on ESPN, in an effort to get to 2-2.

it helps the Bulls.

Imagine in a few years UB playing in the American. I think that is the long term plan of AD Mark Alnutt. He came from Memphis so he knows the conference.

Buffalo would be a good fit in the AAC.  Lots of urban schools. And UB could bring some quality basketball along too. The big drag is travel cost. UB needs more donors.

• Like (+1) 1

UB   D-1football has been around for the last 20 years (and have had football for like 100?)..   I feel like locals who don't know about them by now will never really care or show up.  But they do have a niche and some good hardcore fans.  Just not enough to fill up the stadium on Saturday's.

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

UB   D-1football has been around for the last 20 years (and have had football for like 100?)..   I feel like locals who don't know about them by now will never really care or show up.  But they do have a niche and some good hardcore fans.  Just not enough to fill up the stadium on Saturday's.

A lot of the ambivalence is due to how bad UB has been for most of the last 20 years. They've only had two bowl seasons. But this  is easily the best UB team of the modern era, if not ever. With the Bills in rebuild mode, you'd think more people would want to at least have a side interest in a winning Buffalo team.

BTW here is a Rutgers blogger predicting a blowout win for UB.

https://www.ubbullrun.com/2018/9/21/17886550/blog-swap-on-the-banks

15 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Imagine in a few years UB playing in the American. I think that is the long term plan of AD Mark Alnutt. He came from Memphis so he knows the conference.

Buffalo would be a good fit in the AAC.  Lots of urban schools. And UB could bring some quality basketball along too. The big drag is travel cost. UB needs more donors.

While that would be cool I think they would have even bigger plans for the future 

UB basketball is big and a very good team as well... they would look very good in the big 10 conference in 10 years 

UB is gaining relationships with big 10 schools by scheduling them as well. Played Ohio State recently and will again... playing Rutgers, playing Penn ST next year and Maryland in a few

that is how Buffalo can take the next step for Their programs 

not jumping ship in 1 year but I think they could in 10 if they have stability 

8 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

While that would be cool I think they would have even bigger plans for the future 

UB basketball is big and a very good team as well... they would look very good in the big 10 conference in 10 years 

UB is gaining relationships with big 10 schools by scheduling them as well. Played Ohio State recently and will again... playing Rutgers, playing Penn ST next year and Maryland in a few

that is how Buffalo can take the next step for Their programs 

not jumping ship in 1 year but I think they could in 10 if they have stability 

Big Ten is a long shot although not as outlandish as it seems. UB has the academic pedigree to be a Big Ten school (Member of the AAU)  They are a research university. What they lack is the athletic budget and facilities at a par with other Big Ten schools. Now it doesn't hurt to have Terry Pegula in town. He certainly holds a lot of sway with Penn State. Say the Bills build a new stadium downtown and Terry would like 6 more games in his building, and he'd love to have PSU come in every other year, he might lobby for UB.

That said, I think the AAC is the next stop if they ever get the chance to upgrade their conference affiliation. The American is a better fit for UB right now, though still expensive for UB's budget.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Big Ten is a long shot although not as outlandish as it seems. UB has the academic pedigree to be a Big Ten school (Member of the AAU)  They are a research university. What they lack is the athletic budget and facilities at a par with other Big Ten schools. Now it doesn't hurt to have Terry Pegula in town. He certainly holds a lot of sway with Penn State. Say the Bills build a new stadium downtown and Terry would like 6 more games in his building, and he'd love to have PSU come in every other year, he might lobby for UB.

That said, I think the AAC is the next stop if they ever get the chance to upgrade their conference affiliation. The American is a better fit for UB right now, though still expensive for UB's budget.

I mean the traveling for the AAC is crazy expensive . Most of the schools are in the south 

getting upgraded to any conference is crazy for UB rn... but the way the projection for their basketball team and football team are going , the Big 10 is the best option IF they are serious about their sports

they are upgrading their facilities to be in line with top schools and they have the enrollment. They just don’t have the $$ or consistency yet, but they don’t have the $$ for the American either 

they have the size of big 10 schools, they are spending tons on their facilities and their basketball team is pretty much ready to be a top 6-7 big 10 team

outlandish yes. But I would believe in 10 years they are closer to the Big 10 than AAC

their goal is to be THE NY STATE UNIVERSITY. Like Ohio State... if they get that.. they are too big for AAC

19 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I mean the traveling for the AAC is crazy expensive . Most of the schools are in the south 

getting upgraded to any conference is crazy for UB rn... but the way the projection for their basketball team and football team are going , the Big 10 is the best option IF they are serious about their sports

they are upgrading their facilities to be in line with top schools and they have the enrollment. They just don’t have the $$ or consistency yet, but they don’t have the $$ for the American either 

they have the size of big 10 schools, they are spending tons on their facilities and their basketball team is pretty much ready to be a top 6-7 big 10 team

outlandish yes. But I would believe in 10 years they are closer to the Big 10 than AAC

their goal is to be THE NY STATE UNIVERSITY. Like Ohio State... if they get that.. they are too big for AAC

I'll say this. I bet the B1G Ten is regretting adding Rutgers. UB would make a nice replacement.

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'll say this. I bet the B1G Ten is regretting adding Rutgers. UB would make a nice replacement.

That was a weird add... they are more inline athletically with the AAC...

They surely will be playing with passion tomorrow tho... Bulls better be prepared to stop the run

11 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

the regret is setting up a Wuss side that plays 1 of Michigan/Sparty/tOSU each year and then wants to pretend it is a contender

That's just great. My tv listings show at 12 or 1PM:

Nebraska vs Michigan (on two channels)

Pittsburgh vs North Carolina(on two channels)

Kent State vs Mississippi (on two channels)

Akron vs Iowa State(on two channels)

Navy vs SMU(on two channels)

Boston College vs Purdue(on two channels)

Georgia vs Missouri (on two channels)

Notre Dame vs Wake Forest

Minnesota vs Maryland

Ohio vs Cincinnati

Minnesota vs Maryland

Ohio vs Cincinnati

Lindenwood Belleville vs Indiana Wesleyan

Robert Morris vs Bryant

Louisville vs Virginia

And of course Nevada vs Toledo showing on CBSSN. No UB. Man, I hope that listing is a mistake. 16 different games and not the one I want. Thanks Spectrum! I'll probably watch that epic Lindenwood Belleville vs Indiana Wesleyan battle so I can tell my grand kids about it someday. The Lynx vs The Wildcats. There's also a couple of replays of games from years ago on some of the Pac-10 channels. Literally 25 channels showing college football and I am Sheet Out of Luck.

Even though I’m a Bills fan I only live a few miles from the stadium at Rutgers.  I am finding today’s results so far to be great and hilarious.  Rutgers spends and wastes taxpayer money on making the schools football program something it isn’t.  The wrestling, tennis, swimming, and a few other smaller sports teams were cut out in favor of Big Ten football.  

5 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Even though I’m a Bills fan I only live a few miles from the stadium at Rutgers.  I am finding today’s results so far to be great and hilarious.  Rutgers spends and wastes taxpayer money on making the schools football program something it isn’t.  The wrestling, tennis, swimming, and a few other smaller sports teams were cut out in favor of Big Ten football.  

They should have never been invited into the big 10. Money grab by Delaney trying to get nyc market. Dumbest thing ever. They are consistently the worst football team I watch every year.

Edited by YoloinOhio

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.