UB-42 Rutgers-13 Bulls 4-0

PromoTheRobot

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The problem with the MAC is UB doesn't belong with those 2nd tier schools with directions in their name. But I agree that their athletic budget would be to be much larger just for the travel alone, in any other conference. WNY has not shown a willingness to buy tickets or donate to the program, even with them winning.

Is UB building a new stadium or upgrading their current facility? Is there any chance that the Bulls will come close to selling out the Army game? Those vacant and forlorn end zone seats should be sold for $1.00. At least you should be able to get some extra concession revenue. 

14 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Is UB building a new stadium or upgrading their current facility? Is there any chance that the Bulls will come close to selling out the Army game? Those vacant and forlorn end zone seats should be sold for $1.00. At least you should be able to get some extra concession revenue. 

I have no idea about the Army ticket sales situation. This is going to be a great game, and with the Bills out of town, people ought to be buying up tickets. Let me get back to you.

As for a new stadium, I suspect the Pegulas wouldn't mind 6 extra dates in their new downtown dome when it's built.

I've always said if you put UB in the Ralph/New Era local fans would be more likely to show up. Not sell outs mind you, but more than what they get now.

UPDATE: Out of 66 grandstand sections, only 8 remain with tickets, and of those, half only have a few seats left. That's according to the Ticketmaster seat map. (They don't indicate sales in the GA endzone bleachers.)

So not a sellout but the grandstands will be full.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

5 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I have no idea about the Army ticket sales situation. This is going to be a great game, and with the Bills out of town, people ought to be buying up tickets. Let me get back to you.

As for a new stadium, I suspect the Pegulas wouldn't mind 6 extra dates in their new downtown dome when it's built.

I've always said if you put UB in the Ralph/New Era local fans would be more likely to show up. Not sell outs mind you, but more than what they get now.

I have a different take on playing at the Ralph: It would be a disaster. It would be too large and cavernous. However, sometimes smaller school teams play big programs for cash. A Syracuse vs UB might be that type of game that would have an added attraction. 

Just now, JohnC said:

I have a different take on playing at the Ralph: It would be a disaster. It would be too large and cavernous. However, sometimes smaller school teams play big programs for cash. A Syracuse vs UB might be that type of game that would have an added attraction. 

The last time they played at the Ralph they did 26K against Bowling Green the Friday after Thanksgiving. That would be their 3rd largest attendance.

Do you think Terry could pull some strings and get Penn State to play at New Era?

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The last time they played at the Ralph they did 26K against Bowling Green the Friday after Thanksgiving. That would be their 3rd largest attendance.

Do you think Terry could pull some strings and get Penn State to play at New Era?

Having 25,000 people in a nearly 70,000 seat stadium is not only unsightly but the atmosphere lacks energy. 

Pegula, is a big time Penn State contributor. Whatever he suggests will be politely listened to. ?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.