Post your reaction if McDermott names Peterman week 2 starter

Start Peterman the rest of the season, this is not a team I would want Allen developing behind. I can't imagine he will develop strong habits and NFL skills by playing behind this OL, and with this group of WRs who provide no opportunity for rhythm throws, tempo drives, or just giving him any options to move the ball. Can't see a franchise QB coming out of that dumpster fire. 

That being said, I honestly think we stand a better chance of winning with Allen in the game as teams haven't really planned for him. But Peterman wasn't even given a chance - we all know what happened with the OL, but to compound the issue, no receivers were creating separation in their routes and creating windows for anyone to throw. When they did, the turnstile of an OL gave Peterman 2 seconds to read and release before feeling pressure. There was one point, I need to go look at the tape because it was all such a blur time wise, but it was 3rd and 4 and we were facing a four man rush. We literally outnumbered the amount of pass rushers sent during the entire play with no added spy or rush support, and another drive ended before it even began.

I honestly couldn't care less who McD starts in the end, but I'd prefer keeping Allen off the field as much as possible until we fix our line play on both sides of the ball. Until we do, we won't have much to cheer for each weekend. Every team build should begin with the trenches (imho), sure you need skill players to score, but this is what happens when you neglect key foundations to each side of the ball.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Fine with it.  Other than a couple runs Josh's day yesterday was similar to Nate's.  QB change won't fix this team in the short run.

yeah, just two fewer interceptions, actually scoring points and not going a whole half without a first down. Other than that, similar.  

6 minutes ago, ctk232 said:

Start Peterman the rest of the season, this is not a team I would want Allen developing behind. I can't imagine he will develop strong habits and NFL skills by playing behind this OL, and with this group of WRs who provide no opportunity for rhythm throws, tempo drives, or just giving him any options to move the ball. Can't see a franchise QB coming out of that dumpster fire. 

That being said, I honestly think we stand a better chance of winning with Allen in the game as teams haven't really planned for him. But Peterman wasn't even given a chance - we all know what happened with the OL, but to compound the issue, no receivers were creating separation in their routes and creating windows for anyone to throw. When they did, the turnstile of an OL gave Peterman 2 seconds to read and release before feeling pressure. There was one point, I need to go look at the tape because it was all such a blur time wise, but it was 3rd and 4 and we were facing a four man rush. We literally outnumbered the amount of pass rushers sent during the entire play with no added spy or rush support, and another drive ended before it even began.

I honestly couldn't care less who McD starts in the end, but I'd prefer keeping Allen off the field as much as possible until we fix our line play on both sides of the ball. Until we do, we won't have much to cheer for each weekend. Every team build should begin with the trenches (imho), sure you need skill players to score, but this is what happens when you neglect key foundations to each side of the ball.

so, if we don't fix our lines next year? sit him again? when does he start in your mind? 2021?

9 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

yeah, just two fewer interceptions, actually scoring points and not going a whole half without a first down. Other than that, similar.  

so, if we don't fix our lines next year? sit him again? when does he start in your mind? 2021?

Play him this year, or next, like I said, I believe he gives us the better chance to win of the two QBs on the roster. But what can you really expect him to learn and recognize as routine in this league when our OL is playing at a point that it doesn't exactly matter who we start? 

All for letting him get his feet wet this year, but right now you still have to consider the environment he'd be learning within. But hey, if we want a Russell Wilson/Brett Favre play style of throwing on the run most every play, then just cut him loose. It'll be nothing if not more entertaining than the alternative.

Edited by ctk232

They need to play Allen. He has to have the mental make up to take a beating while still remaining confident and learn. Allen at least made some plays yesterday and should have had a TD that Benjamin dropped. I would rather see Allen make his mistakes now when the rest of the team looks awful as well. 

• Thank you (+1) 1