Kelvin Benjamin is NOT a Number 1 WR - Being Phased Out with the Youth Movement

26CornerBlitz

Kelvin Benjamin on the Bills' loss to the Ravens: 'I don't think it was that bad.'

ORCHARD PARK – If this were the game show Jeopardy! and the answer Sean McDermott provided Wednesday was “Absolutely”, what do you think the question would have been?

Did your team stink last week? Have you seen enough of Nathan Peterman to know he can’t function in the NFL? Do you feel like you and Brandon Beane have mismanaged the quarterback situation dating all the way back to the signing of A.J. McCarron?

All of those would work, but the actual question that elicited the “absolutely” response from the Bills coach was, ‘Do you need (wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin and tight end Charles Clay) to be better than they were against the Ravens?’

“Absolutely,” McDermott said without hesitation.

Benjamin apparently didn’t agree with McDermott, and he could not have come off worse during a quick interview with reporters Thursday regarding his performance in the game.

“You just keep going out and playing, nothing you can learn from it,” he said. “It was wet. Just had a couple of drops. Just move on. Correct mistakes that you had in the game. I don’t think it was that bad. It was just a blowout.”

Wasn’t that bad? Just a blowout? How does that sound, Bills fans?

On 9/9/2018 at 5:29 PM, Fadingpain said:

No ****.

Been saying that since the day we acquired him, as has Mike Schopp, by the way!   

Hugely overrated by this board.

I think this is mainly because he was SUCH an upgrade over what we had last year, at the time that we acquired him (and now). It's all about perspective.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
10 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Kelvin Benjamin on the Bills' loss to the Ravens: 'I don't think it was that bad.'

ORCHARD PARK – If this were the game show Jeopardy! and the answer Sean McDermott provided Wednesday was “Absolutely”, what do you think the question would have been?

Did your team stink last week? Have you seen enough of Nathan Peterman to know he can’t function in the NFL? Do you feel like you and Brandon Beane have mismanaged the quarterback situation dating all the way back to the signing of A.J. McCarron?

All of those would work, but the actual question that elicited the “absolutely” response from the Bills coach was, ‘Do you need (wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin and tight end Charles Clay) to be better than they were against the Ravens?’

“Absolutely,” McDermott said without hesitation.

Benjamin apparently didn’t agree with McDermott, and he could not have come off worse during a quick interview with reporters Thursday regarding his performance in the game.

“You just keep going out and playing, nothing you can learn from it,” he said. “It was wet. Just had a couple of drops. Just move on. Correct mistakes that you had in the game. I don’t think it was that bad. It was just a blowout.”

Wasn’t that bad? Just a blowout? How does that sound, Bills fans?

It sounds !@#$ing terrible.  This guy is soft as baby shitt.  Their is little pride and competitiveness inside Benjamin if that is how he truly feels about last Sunday.

8 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

It sounds !@#$ing terrible.  This guy is soft as baby shitt.  Their is little pride and competitiveness inside Benjamin if that is how he truly feels about last Sunday.

I don't think he's soft.

I think he just doesn't care.

He's basically Jay Cutler at wr.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
9 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

I don't think he's soft.

I think he just doesn't care.

He's basically Jay Cutler at wr.

I know the soft ones when I see them and Kelvin Benjamin is as soft as they come.

12 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

I know the soft ones when I see them and Kelvin Benjamin is as soft as they come.

Define soft, oh guru of softness?

Emotionally? I'll give you that, since he never takes responsibility and blames everybody else

Physically? Other than his injuries I think he takes some good hits and plays tough when he wants to.

That's why he's so infuriating.

He has the ability he just doesn't care.

It's a flipping contract year and he's just like "meh"

17 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Beane and McDermott can't use any excuse that they weren't familiar with exactly who he is as a person and player.

Weird thing is that this is the same duo that preaches effort and accountability. With the lack of effort from key players and the numerous penalties, this message is ringing hollow at the moment. 

10 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Weird thing is that this is the same duo that preaches effort and accountability. With the lack of effort from key players and the numerous penalties, this message is ringing hollow at the moment. 

He's not acting or playing like a "Process" guy. 

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
24 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Define soft, oh guru of softness?

Emotionally? I'll give you that, since he never takes responsibility and blames everybody else

Physically? Other than his injuries I think he takes some good hits and plays tough when he wants to.

That's why he's so infuriating.

He has the ability he just doesn't care.

It's a flipping contract year and he's just like "meh"

You can't see it?  It's pretty obvious.  Maybe you are just too young and don't have enough life experience.

He short armed the Allen end zone pass because there were defenders around.  He complained about the weather last Sunday and has had other excuses for his lack of production in the past, like blaming Cam Newton lol.  

Also the way he carries himself.  The guy is soft and it is obvious.  I think most people can see it.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

11 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

You can't see it?  It's pretty obvious.  Maybe you are just too young and don't have enough life experience.

He short armed the Allen end zone pass because there were defenders around.  He complained about the weather last Sunday and has had other excuses for his lack of production in the past, like blaming Cam Newton lol.  

Also the way he carries himself.  The guy is soft and it is obvious.  I think most people can see it.

WRs sometimes like to think they are above shutting the blank up and doing their job, they think their personality is more important

it's barely tolerable for the great WRs to prance and mouth around   :(

8 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Too young or don't have enough life experiences?

I asked you to define what means "soft" to you.

It's a pretty broad term.

It's hard to know if he's "soft" when he's not even trying out there.

Keep acting like you know me though btw.