Bills Captains

Dablitzkrieg

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

No Hyde? Surprising, but I’m sure they were all voted in for a reason. I’m not surprised about any except for Jones.

Player vote, no?

Betting hyde was third in voting. Kyle is a must and Lorax isn’t far behind.  There is some solid vet leadership on the defense. 

46 minutes ago, eball said:

No, the surprise was Dennison calling sweeps for Tolbert.  And by the way, they're both gone.

That used to cause me great anger. 

Its like no no one told them McCoy came out. 

Maybe he's a good ra-ra guy,  but can anyone name a SINGLE play where DiMarco did anything notable in a game?  I've been massively underwhelmed by him.  Expected a lot more impact last year (actually ANY impact), and I honestly never saw a single play where I said,  "Wow, nice DiMarco." And now he's a captain?  I would think a captain would have to have some respect on the field too.

9 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Maybe he's a good ra-ra guy,  but can anyone name a SINGLE play where DiMarco did anything notable in a game?  I've been massively underwhelmed by him.  Expected a lot more impact last year (actually ANY impact), and I honestly never saw a single play where I said,  "Wow, nice DiMarco." And now he's a captain?  I would think a captain would have to have some respect on the field too.

Nah, you're right.  Outside of Kyle and Lorenzo, I don't place much stock into the captaincies.  

15 hours ago, Elite Poster said:

Yeah, only after watching then fall on their faces for the entire year. Slow play city too scared to make changes on the move. 

I agree it was slow, but if we've learned anything about McD it is that generally speaking, he wants to see a "process" through rather than jumping ship mid-stream.  He must really have hated what Tyrod was doing to pull the plug on him after the New Orleans game.

McD's apparent reluctance to make changes on the fly is one of the only concerns I have about his coaching, and I hope he alleviates those concerns this season.

11 hours ago, BuffaloBillies said:

He's made some nice blocks in the red zone, but nothing that make you go WOW. Well I do recall a blitzing player being totally destroyed running into DiMarco's shoulder when he was in the process of blocking someone else! 

1 hour ago, eball said:

I agree it was slow, but if we've learned anything about McD it is that generally speaking, he wants to see a "process" through rather than jumping ship mid-stream.  He must really have hated what Tyrod was doing to pull the plug on him after the New Orleans game.

McD's apparent reluctance to make changes on the fly is one of the only concerns I have about his coaching, and I hope he alleviates those concerns this season.

McDermott's refusal to make halftime adjustments on the defense go him fired by Philly. There was a game where one of his CBs was getting torched and he would not move him to the other side for some BS "process" reason. 

Found the quote from the article I read:

"Another example of the idiocy of McDermott was in the Titans game, when Kenny Britt was routinely beating Ellis Hobbs on deep balls.

When asked why he did not put star cornerback Asante Samuel on Britt, McDermott said it was something he could not mess with. Are you kidding me, McDermott? His in-game adjustments were poor and almost nonexistent, and his bonehead play-calling cost the Eagles probably half their losses this year."

Edited by Elite Poster

36 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

McDermott's refusal to make halftime adjustments on the defense go him fired by Philly. There was a game where one of his CBs was getting torched and he would not move him to the other side for some BS "process" reason. 

Found the quote from the article I read:

"Another example of the idiocy of McDermott was in the Titans game, when Kenny Britt was routinely beating Ellis Hobbs on deep balls.

When asked why he did not put star cornerback Asante Samuel on Britt, McDermott said it was something he could not mess with. Are you kidding me, McDermott? His in-game adjustments were poor and almost nonexistent, and his bonehead play-calling cost the Eagles probably half their losses this year."

First of all, anyone calling McD an "idiot" obviously has an axe to grind.  Second, that was how many years ago?  Any examples you can share from his time as DC in Carolina that you think confirm his "idiocy?"

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, eball said:

First of all, anyone calling McD an "idiot" obviously has an axe to grind.  Second, that was how many years ago?  Any examples you can share from his time as DC in Carolina that you think confirm his "idiocy?"

Agreed.   McD did what he thought needed to be done.

The probability of a W at the Chargers game last season (even with 3 point) Tyrod was nil.   

Yes, he scored more in mop up duty when the game was well out of hand.  but those points don't count here at TSW or any other fan board. 

right? 

(ducking for cover) 

On 9/5/2018 at 11:25 AM, eball said:

LOL!

23rd, 21st, and 12th in defense before he left. Show-stopping numbers with the crazy amount of talent he had there. And yeah, he is an amazingly large idiot for sticking with Peterman. The entire country knows the guy sucks but the people who have the most exposure to him think he is a starting NFL QB. 

Edited by Elite Poster