Keep Kyle!

Go-Bills

3 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

It would be an interesting transition. Has that ever happened before, where a player went from being a player to coach for the same team from one season the the very next?

agree, he's just such a piller of our franchise.

2 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Does Kyle get a say so in this? Maybe he wants to spend a few years watching his kids grow up. 

Serious question: Is the life of an NFL defensive line coach really that taxing? What are the hours we're talking? Seems like a pretty good gig to me.

I work on average 60+ hours a week. More if you include drive time. Wish I could watch my kids a little more!

4 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Serious question: Is the life of an NFL defensive line coach really that taxing? What are the hours we're talking? Seems like a pretty good gig to me.

I work on average 60+ hours a week. More if you include drive time. Wish I could watch my kids a little more!

The difference is that Kyle has made enough money in the NFL that he doesn't need to work anymore.

9 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Other folks on the board have buddies in the biz...but from my couple of friends, during the season is brutal...there is not a normal day...

Sunday-- stadium by about 8 AM for a 1 PM home game; Game time; 5 PM - begin to watch and critique the game and begin to game plan for next week.  Usually sleep in the office.

Monday AM-Finish game plan-players in starting at 6 AM to about 2 PM; then finish the game plan for next game.  Usually, home by about 9-10 PM

Tuesday- Off day for players -- but continue to watch film on the opponent; tweak game plan; develop the week's practice content.  A 12 hour day.

Wednesday-6 AM to about 8 PM with practice; meetings with position players; defense meetings talking about scenarios and situations.

Thursday-Pretty much the same as Wednesday

Friday-Pretty much the same as Thursday and Wednesday

Saturday-Travel or Home game hotel--get a little break in the AM--but usually finish meetings about 9-10 PM in the team hotel 

Result--100 hour weeks during the season;

Offseason - scouting, evaluation, film, road trips - 50-60 hour weeks.

It's not a picnic at all...I consistently work 65-70 hour weeks -- and they put in more hours.  Plus I !@#$ around on TBD a lot...

Edited by JoeF

Man, why would any player want to do that? He has a chance to live life easy and spend a ton of time with his family, with hobbies, traveling, whatever he wants.

If I was in his shoes I'd want to focus on those things for awhile. If he's interested in coaching I'd imagine he'd want all of his kids to be grown and out of the house first, or at least older.

Edited by MJS