A funny if your mad about the QB starter...

mellaman101

Anyone ever think about the fact that a 60 yard bomb for a deliberate INT combined with an immediate tackle by the downfield WR would almost always be preferential to an organized punting play?

Much greater predictable with where the ball is going with greater range.  

Only flaw is if the DB drops the ball, accidentally or intentionally.  Then you have no long range INT and no punt!

13 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Anyone ever think about the fact that a 60 yard bomb for a deliberate INT combined with an immediate tackle by the downfield WR would almost always be preferential to an organized punting play?

Only flaw is if the DB drops the ball, accidentally or intentionally.  Then you have no long range INT and no punt!

No. The receiver would be waived in the locker room after the game.

18 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

There was a thread about that a few weeks ago. Shockingly, every NFL team still has a punter.

33 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

If a DB were to intercept a 60 yard bomb on fourth down, that DB would be a moron. If the game plan were to throw an intentional interception on third and long, the coach would be a moron. 

41 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

If a DB were to intercept a 60 yard bomb on fourth down, that DB would be a moron. If the game plan were to throw an intentional interception on third and long, the coach would be a moron. 

That’s why you do it on 2nd down.  Element of surprise.

• Haha (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

I honestly feel that Peterman has the most motivation of all NFL players in week one. The motivation to shut up the people who have been mocking him about the 2017 Chargers game (as in what the OP was doing here) must be truly enormous.

I hope, and suspect not. If Nate's highest motivation is to shut people like me up (I admit that I have been fairly relentless regarding that miserable game), then I wouldn't have much hope for his focus on the field.

Fortunately, however, from his interviews, and reports of his ethic in practice, it would seem that his focus is inward on himself, and improving to be the quarterback he needs to be. I have to believe that his performance on that day in Los Angeles weighs heavily on his mind. If he's using that experience in any way as motivation, let's hope that it is to create one of the most epic career turnarounds in NFL history, and not merely to shut up his detractors. Thankfully, all indications are to the former.

On 9/3/2018 at 5:03 PM, Rocky Landing said:

I hope, and suspect not. If Nate's highest motivation is to shut people like me up (I admit that I have been fairly relentless regarding that miserable game), then I wouldn't have much hope for his focus on the field.

Fortunately, however, from his interviews, and reports of his ethic in practice, it would seem that his focus is inward on himself, and improving to be the quarterback he needs to be. I have to believe that his performance on that day in Los Angeles weighs heavily on his mind. If he's using that experience in any way as motivation, let's hope that it is to create one of the most epic career turnarounds in NFL history, and not merely to shut up his detractors. Thankfully, all indications are to the former.

nicely put!

On 9/3/2018 at 2:29 PM, Fadingpain said:

Anyone ever think about the fact that if you have a QB accurate and savvy enough to throw a reliable 60 yd bomb for an INT completion, he could probably throw a reliable 60 yard bomb for a game-changing completion to our WR?

Anyone ever think about the fact that if you have a downfield WR who can take the right angle and wrap and tackle reliably in the open field, he would probably be playing DB?

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Anyone ever think about the fact that if you have a downfield WR who can take the right angle and wrap and tackle reliably in the open field, he would probably be playing DB?

A WR is a DB who can't tackle? I thought a DB is a WR who can't catch.  ?

• Haha (+1) 1