Peterman pros and cons...

ChicagoRic

14 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

How does anyone know?  How has he proven otherwise--that he can handle an aggressive pass rush? 

Youre right. But we are going to know shortly.

Ravens must be planning on to sending the house at him to see if he panics and throws up punt lobs again... 

the real question in my mind is if he bombs out, now what? If Allen isn’t ready today it’s not changing in a week. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Youre right. But we are going to know shortly.

Ravens must be planning on to sending the house at him to see if he panics and throws up punt lobs again... 

the real question in my mind is if he bombs out, now what? If Allen isn’t ready today it’s not changing in a week. 

We don't know if Allen is ready, we don't know how close the guys that matter, McD and Daboll think Allen is ready. They may think Nate has a long leash. They may think he has a short leash (which is my opinion). 

13 minutes ago, JohnC said:

You may be fixated on the fiasco in San Diego but I won't be. I'll be watching the games in present time this year. WEO, let it go and free yourself from the burdens of the past. You will feel liberated:)

If you want me to argue that Peterman doesn't have limitations regarding his arm strength then you have been missing my central point in this discussion. With the exception of his sideline throws he did make some quality passes. It's understood by everyone who has eyes that he can't make those wide out throws. Every time he attempts that type of pass it is a disaster in waiting.  I understand that and acknowledge it. What you see is the same thing that the HC and staff sees. Yet for the short term they decided to start Peterman over Allen. I agree with that judgment. 

If the ghost of Peterman Past does not visit us Sunday, than I will let it go.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

We don't know if Allen is ready, we don't know how close the guys that matter, McD and Daboll think Allen is ready. They may think Nate has a long leash. They may think he has a short leash (which is my opinion). 

We don’t know how close he is, that’s True.

If he we’re ready though, he would be the starter.

So there’s that. 

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

We don’t know how close he is, that’s True.

If he we’re ready though, he would be the starter.

So there’s that. 

Not necessarily. He may be Dolphins at home ready not Ravens on the road ready. He maybe ready is Nate stinks ready but not ready if Nate is great ready. There are levels and variables to that term. There is no such thing as "knowing" any rookie QB in the NFL is ready. 

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

That's a deal! Can you get some of your dwelling cohorts take take the same pledge? :ph34r:

If he doesn't throw any picks but we cannot run and he cannot throw the ball downfield and we cannot score that is a disaster without being like last year, and worthy of benching, and just as likely as being like last year. 

The biggest reason to play Allen is the run game not the passing game. 

As a qualifier, I tend to be optimist.   NP has a regular season under his belt and went into the PS knowing he could fight for starting job.  He will be better prepared.  So will his teammates.   I don’t expect the Charger game all over again.   He will be fine.   I won’t like an interception or a loss for that matter but if the offense actually throws the ball down field, I will be content.

I am more worried about the defense not getting off the field which puts a lot of pressure on Nate. 

2 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Not if you looked at it a different way, which is an equally important way. 

Peterman did not show any real ability to get the ball downfield. Or to back defenses away. Allen showed a clear ability to involve the entire field, to throw left, middle and right, short, medium and deep, rolling left or right. He showed a better ability to run. He didn't throw an INT or fumble. He didn't have two pick sixes dropped.  

nOT SO SURE about this.  On the 2nd and 13 play he hit the DB right in the bread basket.  If he had caught it would have been up to Josh to tackle him or it may very well have been.

But you're right, he didn't have 2.  Maybe 1 though.

Edited by reddogblitz

3 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

nOT SO SURE about this.  On the 2nd and 13 play he hit the DB right in the bread basket.  If he had caught it would have been up to Josh to tackle him or it may very well have been.

Josh's throws are like catching a fly for a DB. Nate's are like catching an intentional walk in a slow pitch softball league. 

5 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

To be fair Josh Allen does have  several tackles and a forced fumble in his college career.

• Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

If the ghost of Peterman Past does not visit us Sunday, than I will let it go.

37 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Pinky swear? 

36 minutes ago, JohnC said:

That's a deal! Can you get some of your dwelling cohorts take take the same pledge? :ph34r:

There is hope for America!

Well done.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, reddogblitz said:

It hit him softly right in the break basket.  A starter (unless it's Gilmore) would have surely caught it.

One rarely calls balls towards the middle of the field like that, unless I am mistaking the play you are referring to, as dropped pick sixes unless the guy is on the dead run going the other way and it is glaringly obvious. Sideline passes that are jumped are. 

29 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

One rarely calls balls towards the middle of the field like that, unless I am mistaking the play you are referring to, as dropped pick sixes unless the guy is on the dead run going the other way and it is glaringly obvious. Sideline passes that are jumped are. 

I'm talkin 30 seconds in.

can someone explain why he jumps when he throws it aside from piss poor.fundamentals? This should have been an 87 yard TD.  Russell Wilson makes a living on plays like this.

2 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

can someone explain why he jumps when he throws it aside from piss poor.fundamentals? This should have been an 87 yard TD.  Russell Wilson makes a living on plays like this.

It's at about 2:30 in the video.

6 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

He doesn’t throw a near easy int let alone a pick six type 30 seconds in. Anywhere around there. 

Edited by Kelly the Dog