Cover 1: Aaron Quinn's "Closing Arguments" Case for Starting Allen

Peterman is named starter.  What happens when he throws more pick 6's then TDs?  By halftime week 1 do you do what Houston did with Watson?  Going to Peterman is delaying Allen what 2 or 3 weeks.  Just give him the reps and let him improve and learn from his mistakes.  He showed vs Cincy under pressure he will not be sloppy with the football.  Under a similar scenerio last year Peterman had the worst half by any Qb in 40 years.

7 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Those are the last big games AJ has played in.  He was part of the reason a stacked Bengals team lost their first playoff game.

The one Burfict lost his mind and Joey Porter instigated a fight in the middle of the field during a timeout?    That game was lost with very little of it being on the QB.   Cincy had no composure and the Steelers used every underhanded trick in the book.    

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Those are the last big games AJ has played in.  He was part of the reason a stacked Bengals team lost their first playoff game.

So McCarron's only big game was against Vandebilt? Hahaha.

The Bengals lost the playoff game to the Steelers because of a fumble and two stupid personal fouls during the same play.

10 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

A J had the game won , but the D couldn't close the deal if I remember correctly.

4 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

The one Burfict lost his mind and Joey Porter instigated a fight in the middle of the field during a timeout?    That game was lost with very little of it being on the QB.   Cincy had no composure and the Steelers used every underhanded trick in the book.    

Never said he was the whole reason but he had a 68 qb rating and the Bengals put up 16 points.  When Dalton got hurt, they were possibly the best team in the nfl and he was a MVP candidate. 

Just now, Figster said:

A J had the game won , but the D couldn't close the deal if I remember correctly.

Is this how like RJ “won” the music city miracle?  AJ had a 68 QBs rating in that game.  

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/McCaA.00/gamelog/post/

Just now, Figster said:

McCarron can make all the throws.

Peterman has limitations IMO.

I think they are both very average but how much strong is AJ’s arm?  Both have below average starting qb arms.  

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Never said he was the whole reason but he had a 68 qb rating and the Bengals put up 16 points.  When Dalton got hurt, they were possibly the best team in the nfl and he was a MVP candidate. 

That game should have gotten Marvin Lewis fired.   

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Bengals vs Steelers: AJ McCarron impresses with fourth quarter performance

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/1/10/10745472/bengals-vs-steelers-aj-mccarron-impresses-with-fourth-quarter

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

They win that game with Dalton. 

I disagree.   Dalton hasn't won any playoff games either.   And they have been plenty of times with him at the helm. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DaltAn00.htm

57 passer rating in the playoffs 

Edited by Soda Popinski

I think the clear choice to start the season is Peterman. This preseason he has an 80% completion percentage, 3 TDs, 1 Int, and a 124.7 QB rating. Those numbers alone warrant him to start. I want Allen to be the man as much as anyone but there is no arguing these statistics. Each QB on the roster has had a chance to start and has been given an equal amount of preseason reps so these statistics are comparable. Plus Peterman has the release to handle a shaky oline, while the game has not slowed down enough for Allen yet. I think this is a clear choice. Peterman may not pan out but his stats clearly show that he deserves to start Week 1.  

Just now, KauaiBillsRascals said:

I think the clear choice to start the season is Peterman. This preseason he has an 80% completion percentage, 3 TDs, 1 Int, and a 124.7 QB rating. Those numbers alone warrant him to start. I want Allen to be the man as much as anyone but there is no arguing these statistics. Each QB on the roster has had a chance to start and has been given an equal amount of preseason reps so these statistics are comparable. Plus Peterman has the release to handle a shaky oline, while the game has not slowed down enough for Allen yet. I think this is a clear choice. Peterman may not pan out but his stats clearly show that he deserves to start Week 1.  

Do you actually think those numbers realistically translate to regular season football?

• Like (+1) 1