Cover 1: Aaron Quinn's "Closing Arguments" Case for Starting Allen

14 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

https://www.buffalobills.com/_mobileview/news/where-qb-competition-is-headed-going-into-final-preseason-week

When you look across all three games to this point, including practice, but let's just take the games, he has shown that consistency, which is good to see," said McDermott. "A young player just in the start of his second season who has shown some poise and some understanding of how the NFL works in terms of defensive schemes. So I've watched him grow and develop, which is good to see. Still more work to do, but I think he has been consistent, which is important at the quarterback position."

Right. Like I said, he commented on the consistency and not who he was facing (which is fine). Some people (maybe even the coaches in private) are wondering whether Kawann Short and Dontari Poe playing would have effected the OL Play, and subsequently Nate's performance. Others mentioned that some starters in the secondary for Carolina also did not play. Now, this clearly isn't Nate's fault. He can't control who the other team fields. But when you're evaluating the QBs based on their level of competition, these things are potentially a factor.

3 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Right. Like I said, he commented on the consistency and not who he was facing (which is fine). Some people (maybe even the coaches in private) are wondering whether Kawann Short and Dontari Poe playing would have effected the OL Play, and subsequently Nate's performance. Others mentioned that some starters in the secondary for Carolina also did not play. Now, this clearly isn't Nate's fault. He can't control who the other team fields. But when you're evaluating the QBs based on their level of competition, these things are potentially a factor.

It looks as if you are being a bit stubborn.  

Why must McDermott mention the opposition?  Isn't it obvious they played the opposition. 

everyone out there is playing for their jobs be it the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th lever players.  

The problem we all have here is we blur the lines.  You want consistency. Consistency was fine with Tyrod and Orton and whomever we Bills fans thought would do good.

Something we can't (or shouldn't be able to) blur. 

#1) Which QB(s) ran the best offense with the ones?   1 guy

#2) Which QB(s) ran the best offense with the twos?   2 guys

#3) Which QB(s) ran the best offense with the threes?   same 2 guys as #2

Be glad Nate has improved and hope Josh learns fast.

I'm a Josh Allen guy and I want him to be the starter. 

edited for clarity added (s)

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

It looks as if you are being a bit stubborn.  

Why must McDermott mention the opposition?  Isn't it obvious they played the opposition. 

I'm not saying McDermott should, publicly. I'm simply pointing out why you have folks mentioning that he hasn't actually faced a #1 D yet, which may or may not have impacted how he looked in game 1. You want to say Nate's the only one who looked good with our 1's? Fine. But you can still acknowledge that he didn't face a D at full strength and that the starting left tackle didn't play with Allen.

3 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I'm not saying McDermott should, publicly. I'm simply pointing out why you have folks mentioning that he hasn't actually faced a #1 D yet, which may or may not have impacted how he looked in game 1. You want to say Nate's the only one who looked good with our 1's? Fine. But you can still acknowledge that he didn't face a D at full strength and that the starting left tackle didn't play with Allen.

Seems like a stretch to discount what Peterman did against the Panthers when almost all of their starters were on the field while Peterman was in the game.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Seems like a stretch to discount what Peterman did against the Panthers when almost all of their starters were on the field while Peterman was in the game.

Pretty sure Kawann Short and Kuechly didnt play (Not too sure but heard Dontari Poe didnt play either but someone else can confirm) So two of their DL and an all pro mlb didnt play, plus the corners were Kevon Seymour and a rookie

36 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Maybe I am misremembering...   Who played against the starters in week 1 against Carolina's first team  defense?   Or are you saying Carolina rested their starters 

Benjamin caught four passes for 59 yards, including a 28-yard touchdown reception from Nathan Peterman on Buffalo's first possession. Benjamin scored by beating former Bills cornerback Kevon Seymour off the line, and was open when catching the pass at the 2 up the left sideline.

Peterman, Buffalo's returning backup, went 9 of 10 for 119 yards and an interception over two drives.

Free-agent addition A.J. McCarron went 7 of 10 for 116 yards in two drives to close the first half. Peterman and McCarron have split time with the starters all offseason.

Rookie Josh Allen finished 9 of 19 for 116 yards, and hit Ray-Ray McCloud III for a 14-yard touchdown.

And I never said Nate was the only one that looked good.  That is an assumption on your part.  

Did I need to spell out who these two werer? 

#2) Which QB ran the best offense with the twos?   2 guys

Josh looked very good in game 2.   That showing made a lot of people giddy.

He's a rookeis and with all rookies you get good and not so good. 

maybe I needed to make that 

Which QB(s)

7 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Or are you saying Carolina rested their starters 

Yes, some.

7 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

And I never said Nate was the only one that looked good.  That is an assumption on your part. 

but...

55 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

29 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Pretty sure Kawann Short and Kuechly didnt play (Not too sure but heard Dontari Poe didnt play either but someone else can confirm) So two of their DL and an all pro mlb didnt play, plus the corners were Kevon Seymour and a rookie

Keuchly was 100% on the field. 

He and Thomas Davis were out there the whole time Peterman was. 

As I said, watch the highlights. 

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

but nothing.  You really need to move past my wanting Tyrod gone so we can move on.  

its not helping you holding on. 

So who was the 1 that did best with the ones? You want to deflect because of your previously awful takes, but this same page denial is pretty hilarious.

Just to recap:

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Something we can't (or shouldn't be able to) blur. 

1 hour ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

You want to say Nate's the only one who looked good with our 1's? Fine.

36 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

16 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

not so sure about Kuechly being on the field   play by play shows 
or at least he wasn't in the play by play    S.Thompson M.Addison, M.Adams  D.Jackson V.Butler T.Davis.  D.Mayo

6 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

So who was the 1 that did best with the ones? You want to deflect because of your previously awful takes, but this same page denial is pretty hilarious.

Just to recap:

Dude seriously.  stop being so difficult.  

If you choose to argue just to argue find someone else.  

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

not so sure about Kuechly being on the field   play by play shows 
or at least he wasn't in the play by play    S.Thompson M.Addison, M.Adams  D.Jackson V.Butler T.Davis.  D.Mayo

Watch the highlights. 

#59 is on the field throughout the first quarter. 

6 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Watch the highlights. 

#59 is on the field throughout the first quarter. 

My bad.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000946744/Panthers-vs-Bills-highlights-Preseason-Week-1

Right off the bat at t bottom of the screen -- why was Kuechly covering a WR? 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Just now, Tatonka68 said:

Whats worse Allen taking 5 sacks in the 1st half, or Petermen throwing 5 picks in the 1st half? All the Petermen followers say it was just 1 game, well it was just 1 game for Allen.

I joked about that earlier  and it was meant as a joke.   

Kids these days need to toughen up.    (thats a joke too) 

49 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I stand corrected on the Keuchly part.

Regardless no Short or Poe helps out our OL a  bunch, plus their top corners were a rookie and Seymour. Cleveland and Cincy D's would grade as more difficult imo than that and should be taken into account when rating the performances against the 1's