Josh Allen to start Sunday

FluffHead

11 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

those  gifs of Allen are hilarious, where did these come from?

SBF may not tell you but i will.

https://giphy.com/nfl/reaction-packs/2018-rookies

;)

15 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

you rat.  I was waiting for the right post to use that one!!!

giphy.gif

you snooze you lose, lol.

;)

Edited by Foxx
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

No, I don't remember this. Apparently everyone else does. I remember EJ looking mostly competent in preseason. I don't remember him making any wow plays like the two TD passes Allen has thrown. I see a pocket presence that EJ never showed.

EJ lit it up... in his third preseason. He won the starting gig year one out of luck (if you can call it that). Definitely remember him looking very average in his first preseason action.

4 minutes ago, Big C said:

EJ lit it up... in his third preseason. He won the starting gig year one out of luck (if you can call it that). Definitely remember him looking very average in his first preseason action.

yeah, he had to beat out the likes of Jeff Tuel and Thad Lewis. murders row right there i tell ya!

Edited by Foxx
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, pi2000 said:

Allen is what... 245lbs?   For a 22 year old?   

I'm somewhat concerned about his weight... I've heard he likes to eat and eat a lot. 

Part of what makes him a special talent is his athleticism, ability to move around in the pocket and escape.    Let's hope he can keep his weight in check.   

He has a very round face which means his natural state is being overweight.

Don’t fret, Nana. We’ll take good care of him. Our pasta is fat free. Not as flavorful as yours, but more healthy. See you at Christmas!

• Haha (+1) 1

Matthew Fairburn takes a look at a potential game plan for Allen's 1st start on Sunday.  (Subscription required for full access)

The Game Plan for Josh Allen's First Start as a Pro

The news broke yesterday that Josh Allen will get the start for the regular season “dress rehearsal,” otherwise known as the third preseason game. In the first two preseason games, teams are usually working on specific things and really do not game plan for their opposition.  However, in week No. 3, teams typically treat the game week as a real game week and do all the prep and game planning that comes along with it. One interesting thing as well was the fact that Sean McDermott announced the starter on Monday instead of keeping it quiet as he did the previous two weeks. Perhaps, McDermott wants to see how the rookie deals with all of the outside pressure and obligations of being the starting quarterback.

What I wanted to do this week was to take a look at what Allen has done well and not so well this preseason and try and predict what an Allen-friendly game plan would look like.

3 hours ago, pi2000 said:

Allen is what... 245lbs?   For a 22 year old?   

I'm somewhat concerned about his weight... I've heard he likes to eat and eat a lot. 

Part of what makes him a special talent is his athleticism, ability to move around in the pocket and escape.    Let's hope he can keep his weight in check.   

He has a very round face which means his natural state is being overweight.

SO what's your special talent, 2,000 pies?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Matthew Fairburn takes a look at a potential game plan for Allen's 1st start on Sunday.  (Subscription required for full access)

The Game Plan for Josh Allen's First Start as a Pro

The news broke yesterday that Josh Allen will get the start for the regular season “dress rehearsal,” otherwise known as the third preseason game. In the first two preseason games, teams are usually working on specific things and really do not game plan for their opposition.  However, in week No. 3, teams typically treat the game week as a real game week and do all the prep and game planning that comes along with it. One interesting thing as well was the fact that Sean McDermott announced the starter on Monday instead of keeping it quiet as he did the previous two weeks. Perhaps, McDermott wants to see how the rookie deals with all of the outside pressure and obligations of being the starting quarterback.

What I wanted to do this week was to take a look at what Allen has done well and not so well this preseason and try and predict what an Allen-friendly game plan would look like.

...thinking maybe Daboll plans for extensive work with his short and intermediate game, a real sore spot for some here....

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

hi-res-d5bf518ac23c595048a6f90e58e68237_

Look at that belly!  

And early signs of double chin... i'd say he's somewhere between 1.5-1.75 chins ATM.

Just imagine what he'll look like in 4-5 years on a steady WNY based diet. 

thats just baby fat. he is still a growing young lad.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, pi2000 said:

Look at that belly!  

And early signs of double chin... i'd say he's somewhere between 1.5-1.75 chins ATM.

He's a pro athlete with access to professional dietitians and (hopefully) a scripted diet.  

You think he's going to pound a steady diet of pizza, wings, and subs? 

Come on man.

I'm glad he is an "honest" 245 and isn't faking it like a lot of NFL players.

Some NFL players have to blow up like blowfish to get to an NFL playing weight, and they get injured.

Then you have natural big bodies who always need to keep their weight in check.  That seems to be Josh, which is good; should help him avoid injury.

27 minutes ago, Foxx said:

thats just baby fat. he is still a growing young lad.

Gotta figure he’s already been offered free lifetime supply of wings & Beef on Weck at Duffs just for showing up as well as  Hizzone table at Salvatore’s & Anchor Bar

1 hour ago, pi2000 said:

Look at that belly!  

Give that fat **** a garbage plate

Is that a WNY thing? My cousins by Rochester swear by them. And they are absolutely right.. it is perfect 3am drunk food.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

Predicting outcome of QB battles: Sam Darnold the pick for Jets

With the first regular season game of the 2018 season a little more than two weeks away, some high-profile quarterback competitions will soon be wrapping up. Former NFL QB David Carr reveals his predicted winner for four such battles (teams listed in alphabetical order).

Buffalo Bills
QB1 competition: Josh Allen vs. AJ McCarron vs. Nathan Peterman.

Projected Week 1 starter: Allen.

Analysis: I picked Allen to be the starter way back during OTAs. I'm sticking with that prediction based on what I've seen so far in the preseason. McCarron is day to day with the shoulder injury he suffered against the Browns. It remains to be seen how much time he'll miss, but the injury is certainly a setback. Peterman, who reminds me of Trevor Siemian, doesn't excite me much when he's on the field. Allen has earned the starting job in Sunday's "dress rehearsal" against the Bengals after displaying some big-play ability and athleticism his first two times out. His talent far outweighs Peterman's and he makes any throw from the pocket look easy. I've only seen two other quarterbacks who make a 5-yard "dink and dunk" toss and a 60-yard missile look the same -- Aaron Rodgers and Dan Marino. Allen has that same ability to make any throw look effortless and can rip the ball all over the field.

18 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

He's a pro athlete with access to professional dietitians and (hopefully) a scripted diet.  

You think he's going to pound a steady diet of pizza, wings, and subs? 

Come on man.

I'm glad he is an "honest" 245 and isn't faking it like a lot of NFL players.

Some NFL players have to blow up like blowfish to get to an NFL playing weight, and they get injured.

Then you have natural big bodies who always need to keep their weight in check.  That seems to be Josh, which is good; should help him avoid injury.

We’d have all kinds of problems if he was 5’6”!