Kamala Harris takes the lead....

8 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Actually, the search was conducted under a court-issued search warrant.  The justification being there were sufficient grounds to believe the videos were illegally recorded under CA law.

And Daleiden is pretty much a !@#$-up.

I stand corrected. Kamala got a CA court to permit 11 agents to raid Daleiden's house on behalf of Planned Parenthood.

• 3 weeks later...

Poor Kamala Harris.

Cory Booker totally out-campaigned her yesterday. Sure, he made a total jackass out of himself BUT the Left doesn’t care. They don’t even care that he lied about being ‘Spartacus’ and releasing confidential documents … that had already been approved for release. Kamala definitely has her work cut out for her if she’s going to exploit this hearing for her own political means.

Which we all know is her true intent.

This photo she tweeted of herself talking to Rachel Maddow in the closet was an interesting and adorably desperate attempt to stay relevant after a long day of the media focusing on Spartacus:

DmdND43V4AAK6aD.jpg

Always good to talk to @maddow, even from a utility closet.

41 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Poor Kamala Harris.

Cory Booker totally out-campaigned her yesterday. Sure, he made a total jackass out of himself BUT the Left doesn’t care. They don’t even care that he lied about being ‘Spartacus’ and releasing confidential documents … that had already been approved for release. Kamala definitely has her work cut out for her if she’s going to exploit this hearing for her own political means.

Which we all know is her true intent.

This photo she tweeted of herself talking to Rachel Maddow in the closet was an interesting and adorably desperate attempt to stay relevant after a long day of the media focusing on Spartacus:

DmdND43V4AAK6aD.jpg

So to leak info to MSNBC, she snuck in to a supply closet with a photographer?

How spontaneous... :lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Azalin said:

He'll easily be defeated by that pesky 22nd amendment.

The hub-bub over his birth certificate firmly established that there is no one with the standing to mount a Constitutional challenge to a candidate's eligibility for the Office of President.

The 22nd is a paper tiger.

1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

The hub-bub over his birth certificate firmly established that there is no one with the standing to mount a Constitutional challenge to a candidate's eligibility for the Office of President.

I realize I can come off as being horribly naive at times, but I just have to believe enough sensible heads could & would prevail on an attempted 3rd term by any president, regardless of the amount of hysteria among the electorate.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Azalin said:

I realize I can come off as being horribly naive at times, but I just have to believe enough sensible heads could & would prevail on an attempted 3rd term by any president, regardless of the amount of hysteria among the electorate.

These would be the same sensible heads that are calling Republicans Nazis and think Kavanaugh is going to kill millions?

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, DC Tom said:

These would be the same sensible heads that are calling Republicans Nazis and think Kavanaugh is going to kill millions?

No, those would actually be the ones gripped by the above-mentioned hysteria.

2 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Was there a court that actually determined no one had standing to challenge the birth certificate?  I thought all the suits came down to a ruling of "!@#$ off, you idiots."

Not that I think you're wrong, of course.  A lot of people would support an Obama third term for the same reason they want to get rid of the electoral college: it "violates the will of the people."

6 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Not that I think you're wrong, of course.  A lot of people would support an Obama third term for the same reason they want to get rid of the electoral college: it "violates the will of the people."

Sort of like Harry Reid's getting rid of the filibuster for similar reasons. They're stupid enough to do it with the electoral college, too.

Edited by Azalin

Just now, Azalin said:

No, those would actually be the ones gripped by the above-mentioned hysteria.

I think that's more than half the electorate at this point.

I think you're also underestimating how many people want a "democratically elected" emperor, as long as it's their guy.

I also wouldn't put it past Obama, with his savior complex, deciding he needs to run to fix the damage done by Trump...

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

I think that's more than half the electorate at this point.

I think you're also underestimating how many people want a "democratically elected" emperor, as long as it's their guy.

I also wouldn't put it past Obama, with his savior complex, deciding he needs to run to fix the damage done by Trump...

That reminds me of a book I read by Terry Pratchett. I believe it was Small Gods. There was a land where every few years the people would gather to democratically elect a new Tyrant. It was hysterically funny.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Azalin said:

That reminds me of a book I read by Terry Pratchett. I believe it was Small Gods. There was a land where every few years the people would gather to democratically elect a new Tyrant. It was hysterically funny.

I'll have to find that.  Pratchett's pretty good - I've read some of his short stories, but never a novel.

"Democratically elected tyrants" was essentially how classical Athenian democracy worked.  Though it was less funny.

47 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Was there a court that actually determined no one had standing to challenge the birth certificate?  I thought all the suits came down to a ruling of "!@#$ off, you idiots."

There were multiple courts who refused to hear the challenges on the grounds that the body bringing the case didn't have standing.

I was railing about it laying the groundwork for an actual Constitutional crisis at the time.

41 minutes ago, Azalin said:

Pratchett had a unique mind.

That was one of my favorites of his.

The current POTUS' immediate predecessor, what's his name, has adopted Hill'ry's unsucessful strategy of attacking Trump supporters [recall the Deplorables here].  It was wildly successful for her...well, maybe not so much.

Hill'ry's loss sure has become a major craw-sticker to lots o' folks.  How'd ya like to be heading the party that nominated her? Where'd that gal from Florida go, you know the one that was DNC chairperson for about an hour and a half, and rigged Hill'ry's nomination?  Maybe Bernie knows what became of her.

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

I'll have to find that.  Pratchett's pretty good - I've read some of his short stories, but never a novel.

"Democratically elected tyrants" was essentially how classical Athenian democracy worked.  Though it was less funny.

My personal favorites of his are probably "Mort" and then the follow-up, "Reaper Man".

1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Pratchett had a unique mind.

That was one of my favorites of his.

I was lucky enough to meet him at a book signing here in town around 2003, and am the proud owner of a signed copy of The Amazing Maurice And His Educated Rodents.

36 minutes ago, ALF said:

I was thinking as VP but he would still have to be eligible for POTUS so Trump is still safe. 

I suppose the argument is moot, but I don't think that Obama could beat Trump as things stand right now, for a whole host of reasons.

52 minutes ago, ALF said:

I was thinking as VP but he would still have to be eligible for POTUS so Trump is still safe. 

Nothing says Obama cannot be VP, he would be ineligible to become President for more than two years in case of resignation/death.

Just in case you wonder if Kamala Harris is cut from the same BS lying deceitful leftist cloth that Obama left behind, try this.

She literally and intentionally edited a Kavanaugh statement and posted it in a tweet to make everyone think that Kavanaugh believes birth control is abortion.

Kavanaugh was citing others, and his sentence actually started with "They said filling out the form, etc."

But this disenguous pig literally lied about what he posted, and it was run by, of course, the left...including CNN.

Click and read the thread below.

You can almost hear the conversation:

Booker: I'm going to lie and cheat and whine and cry and the left will love me more than anyone.

Harris: Hold m beer, B word.

I can't wait until this dude gets confirmed.

Edited by LABillzFan
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

I can't wait until this dude gets confirmed.

Can you just imagine what it will be like if Trump gets to appoint a 3rd justice? Buy stock now in whatever companies makes kitty hats, poster board, and pepper spray. :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

tenor.gif

I love Ghostbusters.  

And yes, I agree, a third SC replacement, especially for say ... RBG (which could result in taking the court away from its sometimes political advocacy bent) could result in paid for riots. That is how people might actually die from a SC nomination - a Soros' paid riot.

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, Azalin said:

Can you just imagine what it will be like if Trump gets to appoint a 3rd justice? Buy stock now in whatever companies makes kitty hats, poster board, and pepper spray. :lol:

Especially if he picks Ginsburg's replacement.  Heads might literally explode.

On 9/8/2018 at 5:25 PM, Nanker said:

If he does get to replace RBG, he will probably also get a 4th because Thopson will likely retire, letting another much younger conservative take his place on the bench thereby ensuring a very conservative majority on the Supremes. 

Until the dems regain power and decide that 15 justices on the court is the right number due to the need for increased diversity. 

16 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Until the dems regain power and decide that 15 justices on the court is the right number due to the need for increased diversity. 

There must be one justice of each gender. The court will be expanding to 32,401. White cis-males need not apply.

• Thank you (+1) 1

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/politics/2018/09/11/did-brett-kavanaugh-offer-dog-whistle-abortion-foes/?__twitter_impression=true 

WAPO agrees that Senator Harris lied about Judge Kavanaugh.

But a plain reading of Kavanaugh’s answer during the hearings shows that it is broadly consistent with his written opinion. One can question why he used the phrase “abortion-inducing drugs” rather than “abortion-inducing products” or “abortifacients.” But it’s pretty clear from the context that he was quoting the views of the plaintiffs rather than offering a personal view.

Harris’s original tweet, with the “they say” language removed, was slightly mitigated by the second tweet a day later, providing the full context. But there was no acknowledgment by Harris that the original tweet was misleading. She earns Four Pinocchios -- and her fellow Democrats should drop this talking point.

Four Pinocchios

SLG4SJS67ZG63EZ5JDOESPLVVI.jpg&w=600