Bet this, not that

As per NY Post 7/31; Do's and don'ts of wagering on NFL preseason

DON'T expect bad teams with below-average quarterbacks-Buffalo, for example, with AJ McCarron, Nathan Peterman,

and Josh Allen-to do good things just because the opponents could be disinterested in the preseason.

The rest of the article was interesting at least. 

Theres a much shorter article about this that could have been made

Do's - enjoy the weather and being outdoors while getting ready for football season coming up. Also continue to pray your top players dont get seriously injured/arrested/accused of sexual assault or making racist comments.......

Dont - wager/bet on preseason sports games or take the preseason/training camp seriously as an indicator on how a team will do in the regular season it's just practice and no team is playing all out to win or showing their gameplan of what they want to do in the regular season ......

• Like (+1) 1

The above comments by apuszczalowski are all true, but since Sports wagering is now legal in the U.S.,valid points

were made for those interested.

1. Some coaches play more to win in the preseason than others. Pete Carroll, John Harbaugh and Mike Zimmer are

all over .667 in the preseason.

2. With 7 new coaches in the league, some may wish to start a winning mentality.

3. Most August games are won by 2nd and 3rd string QBs.

4. Preseason wagering should be for entertainment purposes as you are guessing, but you can win.

The limits at most sport books in the preseason are $2,000 for sides and $1,000 for totals, If everyone was losing

the limits would not be so low. 

5. Do the research, and be selective if you want to do this. Good luck.

7 minutes ago, Foreigner said:

The above comments by apuszczalowski are all true, but since Sports wagering is now legal in the U.S.,valid points

were made for those interested.

1. Some coaches play more to win in the preseason than others. Pete Carroll, John Harbaugh and Mike Zimmer are

all over .667 in the preseason.

2. With 7 new coaches in the league, some may wish to start a winning mentality.

3. Most August games are won by 2nd and 3rd string QBs.

4. Preseason wagering should be for entertainment purposes as you are guessing, but you can win.

The limits at most sport books in the preseason are $2,000 for sides and $1,000 for totals, If everyone was losing

the limits would not be so low. 

5. Do the research, and be selective if you want to do this. Good luck.

So if the bills play well in pre season?

He left out the easiest DONT. 

DONT bet money on Pre-Season Football which amount to nothing but a PRACTICE. 

Stay tuned for His Next Article Do and Dont of Training Camp Betting. Followed by the critically aclaimed do and donts of OTA Betting. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Foreigner said:

DON'T expect bad teams with below-average quarterbacks-Buffalo, for example, with AJ McCarron, Nathan Peterman,

and Josh Allen-to do good things just because the opponents could be disinterested in the preseason. 

1 minute ago, Commonsense said:

Try this.

If there is one thing dumber than a classroom full of Alabama students, it’s betting on football.

Parity in the league means the margin of victory one way or the other, in most games, is very minimal.

Makes picking a winner quite hard.

It wasn't always this bad.  Back in the Superbowl years, my father and I would anxiously study the schedule for the upcoming season the moment it was released, and calculate our anticipated record for the entire season.

We were never off by more than a few games.  That's because there was a lot less parity in the league back then and we had a fantastic team.  The trick was picking the handful of losses we'd suffer and to whom.

JMF

I don"t know why you are bringing up McGowan, Darnold and Bridgewater.

If you are a Jets fan, you are on the wrong site, and for your information, the Post can be bought

in Buffalo, or by mail subscription a lot cheaper than the News, and its writers stack up against any 

Sports section in the country. I read it as I am a big Yankees fan. They did not play yesterday, but

there were 5 long/thorough stories on them, much more than you can find online, by beat reporters

that follow the team basically year around.

By the way your, Jet QBs are nothing to talk about either, although the Bills OL and WRs will hold

back whoever  the Bills QB is, but irregardless, we better hope it is not Peterman. That is my opinion,

and if you want another opinion, go read the News.. 

5 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Try this.

If there is one thing dumber than a classroom full of Alabama students, it’s betting on football.

Good day for Alabama today. They received a very nice gift from a very successful UA alum.

Marillyn A. Hewson, chairman, president and CEO of Lockheed Martin Corp. gave $15 million to the Culverhouse College of Business at The University of Alabama. The donation is the largest one-time financial contribution in University history, the University announced Monday.

https://www.al.com/news/tuscaloosa/index.ssf/2018/07/marillyn_hewson_gives_15_milli.html

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Good day for Alabama today. They received a very nice gift from a very successful UA alum.

Marillyn A. Hewson, chairman, president and CEO of Lockheed Martin Corp. gave $15 million to the Culverhouse College of Business at The University of Alabama. The donation is the largest one-time financial contribution in University history, the University announced Monday.

https://www.al.com/news/tuscaloosa/index.ssf/2018/07/marillyn_hewson_gives_15_milli.html

My brother works for Lockheed and they treat him well.

I’m sure CEO of Lockheed looks good on a resume but does she know who is going to cover the spread during Thursday’s Hall of Fame Game?

Edited by Commonsense

4 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

It all starts from the top. Hewson's husband is a UA alum too.

Vicki Hollub is the President and CEO of Occidental Petroleum. Another very successful female UA alum. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vicki_Hollub

8 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

I’m sure CEO of Lockheed looks good on a resume but does she know who is going to cover the spread during Thursday’s Hall of Fame Game?

Anyone that's smart enough to graduate from UA can probably create an algorithm to figure it out. :)

Edited by Sky Diver

26 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

If there is one thing dumber than betting on football, it's betting on pre-season football.

Actually preseason football is arguably easier to bet than the regular season. Some coaches play their real schemes in preseason and some are just testing things. If you know those trends you can make good money.