Bills' 2018 Training Camp Day 4 - Nick O'Leary in Walking Boot

13 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Very early but this draft looking like we added a

Been saying since last year , Hughes numbers didn't reflect his play at all , in his prime and with an upgraded line the numbers should show that this year, one of the most underrated DE in league imo

There were games he completely disappeared. That can't happen again. Murphy could help that.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He does have a shot at starting, but the Bills don't look like a playoff team to me based on the offensive talent on hand.  Let's see if he starts before we get to the playoffs and OROY. At any rate, I would characterize his chances as legit given the competition. 

Is our offensive talent this year somehow worse than last year when we made the playoffs?

54 minutes ago, Wagon Circler said:

There were games he completely disappeared. That can't happen again. Murphy could help that.

I thought he was pretty consistent as far as pressure , but teams didn't have to worry about pressure from their right edge with Shaq and Davis consistently innefective at creating it.. I mean no pass rusher is going to be a force every game obviously, but I thought Hughes was pretty consistent at getting pressure , and because of the lack of pressure elsewhere gave the illusion that he was ineffective in many games. He also has gotten fantastic at stopping the run.. 

I thought he was just as good as 2014 (last time in 43) when he had 10 sacks, but then he had a prime Super Mario opposite him . With Murphy I expect them to compliment each other very well and Hughes will have a monster year, along with Murphy.

14 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Too many actually?  Sal C has tweeted that filming is prohibited during team drills?

Not that I'm above watching them whether or not they're allowed but....

Media can't record during practices, fans can (thats where these videos come from)

8 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Is our offensive talent this year somehow worse than last year when we made the playoffs?

Yes. QB is a major question mark no matter who wins the job. The OL talent is worse with the loss of Wood and Richie Incognito.  The WR corps also looks shaky with the only established NFL caliber target being Benjamin.  

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Yes. QB is a major question mark no matter who wins the job. The OL talent is worse with the loss of Wood and Richie Incognito.  The WR corps also looks shaky with the only established NFL caliber target being Benjamin.  

QB was a major question mark last year, agreed about o-line but from all indications Vlad and Miller are looking like world beaters early lol...WR is same as it was last year. 

Personally I think this years offense and last years have the same talent, with this years O having the advantage of hopefully a good OC with fresh ideas instead of same ole same ole from the last retread 

1 minute ago, PaattMaann said:

QB was a major question mark last year, agreed about o-line but from all indications Vlad and Miller are looking like world beaters early lol...WR is same as it was last year. 

Personally I think this years offense and last years have the same talent, with this years O having the advantage of hopefully a good OC with fresh ideas instead of same ole same ole from the last retread 

How so?

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

How so?

as stated above, we have much of the same personnel. We upgraded the RB room, WR is the same, TE the same, o-line looks to be a possible issue, but as I said, after four days of camp all reports on wood/incog replacements have been playing well in the middle. As far as QB goes, it couldn't get any worse from TT (handicapped the offense by never throwing the football). So the way I see it, essentially same talent on offense...hopefully with Daboll's offense it will actually utilize the talent correctly and we can see a better offense.

Obviously it all falls on the QB though, if the QB sucks, the offense will suck (see TT last year)

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PaattMaann said:

as stated above, we have much of the same personnel. We upgraded the RB room, WR is the same, TE the same, o-line looks to be a possible issue, but as I said, after four days of camp all reports on wood/incog replacements have been playing well in the middle. As far as QB goes, it couldn't get any worse from TT (handicapped the offense by never throwing the football). So the way I see it, essentially same talent on offense...hopefully with Daboll's offense it will actually utilize the talent correctly and we can see a better offense.

Obviously it all falls on the QB though, if the QB sucks, the offense will suck (see TT last year)

The OL can definitely be worse just as QB can (See LA Chargers Game from 2017).   Even if WR is the same, it was poor last year. The same isn't a given based on players currently on the team.  As mediocre as Taylor often was, you are deluding yourself if you think QB can't be worse in 2018 with the current three that are vying for the job. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The OL can definitely be worse just as QB can (See LA Chargers Game from 2017).   Even if WR is the same, it was poor last year. The same isn't a given based on players currently on the team.  As mediocre as Taylor often was, you are deluding yourself if you think QB can't be worse in 2018 with the current three that are vying for the job. 

Call me crazy but I will take the chance on the unknown even if it means 5 INTs (peterman wont be the starter, and even if he is, those 5 INTs were a flukey thing) vs. a for sure 180 yard passing day with 15 3 and outs....I didn't hate TT originally, but it was painfully obvious during last year that he was not capable of attempting to make plays with his arm, and that's what QB needs to do. You are correct, the QB can be worse as far as TO's are concerned, but not from a "trying to be better" standpoint. I hope McCarron/Allen take chances with the ball in order to make plays, even if that means an almost guarantee uptick in TO's. 

Position by position I really don't see any downgrade in talent, except potentially o-line. Time will tell if Vlad/Bodine-Groy can do the same job as Richie and Wood - so far so good this early. 

I agree with what you said about last years offense...it wasn't good. Thats why I view this year as essentially the same from a talent stand point. When you suck, its either status quo and you still suck (whether your team ranks 25th or dead last, you still suck), or there's room for improvement. I'm betting on the combination of getting decent QB play from McCarron/Allen and Daboll's offense which will lead to a more productive offense this year. 

14 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

You are deluded if you think that things can't get worse than Taylor

We saw what happened with Peterman. We are already seeing his flaws in 11 on 11. 

Just now, PaattMaann said:

Call me crazy but I will take the chance on the unknown even if it means 5 INTs (peterman wont be the starter, and even if he is, those 5 INTs were a flukey thing) vs. a for sure 180 yard passing day with 15 3 and outs....I didn't hate TT originally, but it was painfully obvious during last year that he was not capable of attempting to make plays with his arm, and that's what QB needs to do. You are correct, the QB can be worse as far as TO's are concerned, but not from a "trying to be better" standpoint. I hope McCarron/Allen take chances with the ball in order to make plays, even if that means an almost guarantee uptick in TO's. 

Position by position I really don't see any downgrade in talent, except potentially o-line. Time will tell if Vlad/Bodine-Groy can do the same job as Richie and Wood - so far so good this early. 

I agree with what you said about last years offense...it wasn't good. Thats why I view this year as essentially the same from a talent stand point. When you suck, its either status quo and you still suck (whether your team ranks 25th or dead last, you still suck), or there's room for improvement. I'm betting on the combination of getting decent QB play from McCarron/Allen and Daboll's offense which will lead to a more productive offense this year. 

Okay. You're crazy!

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I think having daboll as oc is our biggest off season gain. If he backs up his talk we can have a decent offense. Dennison was so bad 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

I think having daboll as oc is our biggest off season gain. If he backs up his talk we can have a decent offense. Dennison was so bad 

Looks like he'll be a significant upgrade who will hopefully design and scheme the offense to take advantage of player strengths and exploit match ups on a weekly basis.  

• Like (+1) 2