Bills hosting DL Ryan Russell for visit; Signed

On 7/28/2018 at 4:16 PM, Logic said:

Everything the Bills have done at the DE position this year (bringing in Murphy, Fede, Odighizuwa, Russell, etc) suggests that Lawson is a goner. As I see it, they're lining up a list of potential backups to Trent Murphy. #90 is as good as gone. The writing is on the wall.

I disagree.  Did you listen to Leslie Frazier speak about Lawson prior to Sunday's practice?  Beane is looking for more consistent depth on the roster.  Russell was not signed to press for starting reps.

I think this is more a sign that Odighizuwa just wasn't getting it done.

6 hours ago, Limeaid said:

My father (and I for a summer) worked for Allied Van Lines and think you have no idea of caliber of people they hire.

I do, actually. You, on the other hand, actually have no idea how to be civil..

Maybe I'm one of the few but I think Lawson is firmly in their plans for this season. He missed important practice time in his rookie season due to the shoulder surgery and when he came back he was playing out of position in a scheme that didn't fit him or most of the defensive players. Last season there was plenty of turnover on defense and another whole new scheme to learn plus he missed five games with injury. He still had the same sack total as Hughes (4.0) despite Hughes starting all 16 games. The entire DL last season had a hard time finding their footing. They started great against the rush but that slowly deteriorated and overall they couldn't get enough pressure on the QB. Lawson is said to have followed the off-season diet/training program very well and has come in more focused than ever and probably as healthy as he's ever been during his time in the league. I think they'll want to see how he does with those things factoring in before giving up on him. I don't think mid-late round guys added a week into camp are a threat to his roster spot. Hughes, Murphy and Lawson are the top pass rushers they have, unless some kind of "too good to pass up" trade offer comes along, Lawson is a Bill for 2018.

Edited by blacklabel

23 hours ago, PirateHookerMD said:

Whats out there? I think they like Connor McDermott and they have Newhouse as a tackle options. Whoever loses the Bodine/Groy battle will be the interior guy along with 5th round pick Wyatt Teller, thats all the roster room there is for o-line. 

DeBeer hoping for the practice squad. 

Not a GM - dunno whats out there.....all I was saying is that I WISH the Bills could bring in OL guys like they do DL guys.......

On 7/30/2018 at 3:28 AM, eball said:

I disagree.  Did you listen to Leslie Frazier speak about Lawson prior to Sunday's practice?  Beane is looking for more consistent depth on the roster.  Russell was not signed to press for starting reps.

I think this is more a sign that Odighizuwa just wasn't getting it done.

Looks like you were right. Owa got cut, and Lawson started today with Murphy getting a rest day.

Count me among those that really hopes Shaq DOES make the roster and contribute. I can't think of a bigger boost to the defense than Lawson becoming a 10-sack-a-year guy.

• Like (+1) 1