Early indications: The Bills will actually have a modern offense ?!

Logic

31 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I understand you have hardly posted but there has been one theme with you since the old qb got traded. That hasn’t changed the routine out of nowhere shots at the former qb. You consistently bring him up out of left field when it’s totally not needed in the convo and take some shot at him. I’ve seen 2 different people call you on it in the last 2 or 3 weeks. And now I’m the 3rd. Must be we are all imagining things. 

-Random shots at former qb

- making sure to remind everyone not too get excited about allen.

-and some odd crusade for peterman. 

Thats your posts on a nut shell. It’s just sticks out becuz it’s so routine. The train is never late. 

I’m all for the Allen signing and hope he does succeed.  

Whats the saying fool me once 

McDermott doesn’t seem to be the coach to throw on a rookie unless times get desperate.   

AJ seems to me to be a good bridge QB  until the next young QB is ready to go.  

And I'm not crusading for Peterman either.  He will end up #2 or 3 or off the team (but I doubt that for 2019) 

And everyone has shots at former QB’s,  yourself included. 

18 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

As a pro 1 year obviously.   

I was was just trying to make the math work. 

For thr Nate haters 

Yes Nate failed miserably in the Chargers game but beyond that 

to say he isn’t a QB in the NFL is 1000% incorrect.  

some folks sarcasm gets the better of them.

The bolded is truth.
to be picked up in the NFL as QB , the most elite position on the field , these guys surely have enough redeeming qualities to take a shot at. Even if Nate be  becomes a  back up QB?  that is a position of worth as well.

Heck ! Ryan Fitzpatrick come to mind : )

Edited by 3rdand12
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 3rdand12 said:

some folks sarcasm gets the better of them.

The bolded is truth.
to be picked up in the NFL as QB , the most elite position on the field , these guys surely have enough redeeming qualities to take a shot at. Even if Nate be  becomes a very back QB that is a position of worth as well.

Heck ! Ryan Fitzpatrick come to mind : )

....good call bud....out of 1,696 privileged to play in the NFL yearly, perhaps 90-96 are QB's......sure there are some hangers on who are masquerading for a paycheck, but still it is an exclusive club........

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....good call bud....out of 1,696 privileged to play in the NFL yearly, perhaps 90-96 are QB's......sure there are some hangers on who are masquerading for a paycheck, but still it is an exclusive club........

And on the other side to respect Gunner , he might be out of the league sooner or later.

Until then i have to wish him well.
PS i am very pleased they drafted QB with upside this year , And hedged their bet with AJM , who had every reason to prove himself this year. He wasn't going to usurp Dalton even if he played as good. This is his shot.

I like healthy competition pre season

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

And on the other side to respect Gunner , he might be out of the league sooner or later.

Until then i have to wish him well.
PS i am very pleased they drafted QB with upside this year , And hedged their bet with AJM , who had every reason to prove himself this year. He wasn't going to usurp Dalton even if he played as good. This is his shot.

I like healthy competition pre season

...certainly agree....I posed the question as to when is the last time Bflo had 3 viable QB candidates in camp (at whatever the pecking order may be) and the rebuttal post was  "all 3 will be gym teachers within five years"....never gonna please everybody I guess....sometimes ignorance is bliss....go figure........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

On 7/28/2018 at 1:34 PM, ShadyBillsFan said:

After 3 seasons with a running QB it will seem like a huge improvement.  

with the pats around all they should have just gone for it

long ago instead of all these years of feckless fear of real  football.

22 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Your take was terrible.

What dumb ass was happy with Nates performance against SD because it wasn't Tyrod besides you? 

And as Kirby said, the Bills had the PERSONNEL which includes Tyrod, to run this system the past few years and didn't. 

Ummm that's not what he was saying at all. You clearly misread.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

I’d take that gig in a heartbeat!!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

Dude,

You really are a doom and gloomer. I get you're concerned about the Oline but give them time to gel. If they are still a dumpster fire then Bean makes it priority. Not like we are hoisting the Lombardi this season.

On 7/28/2018 at 6:59 PM, Kirby Jackson said:

Is it @GunnerBill

There is a chance that Nate is out of the league this year. I don’t think that it is likely but there is a chance. There’s a real chance that he is out after this year. Guys like him come and go in this league all of the time. Guys like Zac Dysert, Garrett Grayson, Jake Rudock, Keith Wenning, Taj Gibson, Garrett Gilbert, etc... Late round QBs don’t last long. If they don’t show signs teams get another guy in that can. If Peterman is the 3rd QB this year he won’t be on the roster in 2019. There’s won’t be a line of teams looking to add him either. Those teams will take their own guy late in the draft. That’s the way it works.

Like Brady

Just now, Green Lightning said:

Like Brady

I mean if you want to take one guy from almost 20 years ago, feel free. For every Brady there are 30 washouts. I’m not rolling with the 3% chance. I’m going to play the percentages. You can either buy lottery tickets or blue chip stocks. I believe the strategy is to buy blue chip stocks. 

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I mean if you want to take one guy from almost 20 years ago, feel free. For every Brady there are 30 washouts. I’m not rolling with the 3% chance. I’m going to play the percentages. You can either buy lottery tickets or blue chip stocks. I believe the strategy is to buy blue chip stocks. 

Whatever. You cannot say it never happens. The kid will either play himself in or out of the league. I think he has a shot to stick. 

4 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Whatever. You cannot say it never happens. The kid will either play himself in or out of the league. I think he has a shot to stick. 

The numbers would say he has about a 3% chance of being a solid starting QB. The odds of being out of the league are WAY greater. You can feel free to invest him. I didn’t invest in Tuel or Brown or Brohm. I’ll invest my energy into Allen. If it turns out he can’t play I’ll invest in the next guy. I’m not going to sit around hoping for a miracle though. That’s not the best plan.

Classic bias and dichotomy here at TBD. Mod just shut down a thread critical of the OL because, in all caps, NO ONE CAN PREDICT HOW GOOD THE OL WILL BE. Sounds like a challenge smart people would gladly accept.

But this thread is alive and well which is also predictive but positive. So I guess positive predictions based on homerism are good. Ones not based on homerism that are critical are bad.

Everyone understand. Carry on.

Mod implied  that good posters have left because of critical threads. Lots of good posters I know have left because of over zealous mods who have pursued with vigor anyone who criticizes (see: uses their brain nor their heart) the team, ownership, or the media that for some reason hang out and post here. 

Forums are better when not babysat by gatekeepers.

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

The numbers would say he has about a 3% chance of being a solid starting QB. The odds of being out of the league are WAY greater. You can feel free to invest him. I didn’t invest in Tuel or Brown or Brohm. I’ll invest my energy into Allen. If it turns out he can’t play I’ll invest in the next guy. I’m not going to sit around hoping for a miracle though. That’s not the best plan.

I said he has a chance to stick, not start. And frankly who you invest in means about zero in the real world. If McBeane thinks the guy is an asset he'll stick, if not,  he won't. 

1 minute ago, Green Lightning said:

I said he has a chance to stick, not start. And frankly who you invest in means about zero in the real world. If McBeane thinks the guy is an asset he'll stick, if not,  he won't. 

I’m not sure “like Brady” was you saying “he has a chance to stick.” Either way, we are in agreement that he makes the team this year.

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m not sure “like Brady” was you saying “he has a chance to stick.” Either way, we are in agreement that he makes the team this year.

Agree with that. I also think he'll be in the league for longer than you think.

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea. It's extremely frowned upon to be negative this time of the year. A lot of fans are getting their panties in a bunch at ANY crticism of Allen(an overthrow being reported by Allen is considered being negative at this point)and it's quite comical and ridiculous. 

I thought it was curious that the mod shut the thread down. I get the OP has had his share of  rants, but I wonder if the thread title was "Our O Line is Amazing" what would have happened. As for Allen, he'll be under the microscope until he succeeds or flops - and always compared to Rosen. Is what it is.

Good writeup On Daboll's offense by Erik Turner at The Athletic:

Bills Film Room: Early in camp, Brian Daboll's...

The first four days of camp are in the books for the Buffalo Bills, and the anticipation of the 2018 NFL season is starting to ascend. As is often the case, the offense started off camp a little rocky. There were false starts, players not aligning correctly, bad snaps, balls hitting the turf, all of which made it abundantly clear that the defense, now in its second year in the same scheme, was well ahead of the offense.

But as camp progressed, the offense closed the gap and began to make plays. New offensive coordinator Brian Daboll appears to be getting his message across, so let’s examine some of the finer points of his offense and how it will maximize the talent is on this roster.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/28/2018 at 10:53 AM, Kirby Jackson said:

The irony is this is the EXACT type of offense that they should have been running for the last 3 years. They had the personnel to do it. I’m glad to see it.

Hackett & Dennison were awful. What can you expect. If Daboll even uses a little of the NE style I'll be ecstatic.