Judgement Free Zone-Planet Fitness

JoeF

I am going to say it

I have a planet fitness membership membership and use it regularly

As someone who has worked out in military gyms that looked like dungeons, Golds, and Powerhouse.......some of the Planet fitness things drive me insane....their lunk alarms, tootsie rolls at the front, pizza day once a month with vendors.

Being on a extreme budget.....I pay my 10 dollars a month.....put my headphones in when I go in ignore it all.....its got just enough weightlifting equipment for me.....I make good use of the TRX and Rope equipement.......I dont mind getting my cardio in where its not 108 degrees outside.

Im down from 260 pounds to 215 this year.....my blood sugar and blood pressure both on point after years of them running to high....I am down to a 34 inch pants size from a 44 and down to a large shirt instead of a 3x......and can actually see my stomach muscles when I flex.

Its not the gym....its how you make use of it...the only thing I dont like is it doesnt have a swimming pool and I love to lap swim but for 10 bucks I will take it

• Like (+1) 3

51 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I am going to say it

I have a planet fitness membership membership and use it regularly

As someone who has worked out in military gyms that looked like dungeons, Golds, and Powerhouse.......some of the Planet fitness things drive me insane....their lunk alarms, tootsie rolls at the front, pizza day once a month with vendors.

Being on a extreme budget.....I pay my 10 dollars a month.....put my headphones in when I go in ignore it all.....its got just enough weightlifting equipment for me.....I make good use of the TRX and Rope equipement.......I dont mind getting my cardio in where its not 108 degrees outside.

Im down from 260 pounds to 215 this year.....my blood sugar and blood pressure both on point after years of them running to high....I am down to a 34 inch pants size from a 44 and down to a large shirt instead of a 3x......and can actually see my stomach muscles when I flex.

Its not the gym....its how you make use of it...the only thing I dont like is it doesnt have a swimming pool and I love to lap swim but for 10 bucks I will take it

i use planet fitness too.  it's cheap and really it's the most convenient gym for me to use based on location.  the cardio works, but the weights are so limited.  i only use dumbbells because i'm not a big smith machine fan, and the dumbbells only go up to 75.  not that i'm throwing weight around, but i'd like to push myself more than that.  i'm just too lazy to make the move to golds gym, which is 5 more minutes away.  that 10 bucks a months makes it too easy.

5 minutes ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

Any hot b!tches?

by me the hotties tend to be jail bait-ish...but yes!

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

honestly not as many as in the Power house and Golds type gyms

by far.  

3 hours ago, teef said:

i use planet fitness too.  it's cheap and really it's the most convenient gym for me to use based on location.  the cardio works, but the weights are so limited.  i only use dumbbells because i'm not a big smith machine fan, and the dumbbells only go up to 75.  not that i'm throwing weight around, but i'd like to push myself more than that.  i'm just too lazy to make the move to golds gym, which is 5 more minutes away.  that 10 bucks a months makes it too easy.

Yes,  were you one of those that would walk around the locker room with your wang hangin and danglin?

I use Planet Fitness. They occasionally run a special deal: pay $99 up front and you’re good for a year. If you’re over 60, it’s always that price, no waiting for special deals. At least that’s the way it was a year ago when I renewed my membership. 

I mostly do cardio: treadmill, elliptical, bike. It’s only about a mile from my house. Since the weather alternates between too hot and too cold, it’s not a bad option. 

18 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Yes,  were you one of those that would walk around the locker room with your wang hangin and danglin?

Men’s locker rooms straight up scare me. There’s zero reason to have your junk hanging out like that for an extended period of time. 

• Like (+1) 2

18 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

That's why I stopped going to gyms. There's always I-like-walking-around-naked guy in the locker room.

Bro, you been drying off for 15 minutes, enough...

Edited by The Jerk
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, teef said:

Men’s locker rooms straight up scare me. There’s zero reason to have your junk hanging out like that for an extended period of time. 

Have I ever shared the story about the time I was in the locker room at the gym and witnessed my HS calculus teacher blow drying his wiener?  He had one foot up on a bench, Captain Morgan style, and had that thing fully stretched out.  I will never be able to erase that image from my brain.

• Haha (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Around these parts we call it Planet Fatness.

And most of the time you would be right...you get out of it what you put into it like any other gym.

The tootsie roll thing is stupid to me.....I told when when I joined that having peanut snacks made much more sense because at least you are giving people protein.

On 7/25/2018 at 3:11 PM, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

Any hot b!tches?

It's planet fitness. They are never that good looking their because they're not serious about fitness or health. Go to a real gym and you'll enjoy the eye candy.  Orange theory and yoga are great; Bikram Yoga specifically.