[Vague Title] It continues... Josh Allen...

Scorp83

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Behave. I am not paid anything. My 'negative outlook' if that is what you want to call it long pre-dates the Bills drafting him. 

Disagree with me on him if you like. That is fine, many people do. Don't accuse me of manipulating my opinion or giving an opinion that isn't honest or suggest I have an agenda. I put the hours in, I did the work, I am entitled to an opinion. I didn't see him live and you did. I have said Allen has a chance to be a franchise guy I just think it is a small chance. I will be rooting for him every time he takes the field and if he makes it I will be the first to be here saying I was wrong. 

I think and hope you're going to be wrong, but there's no doubt you are credible and one of the solid contributors to this board.

• Like (+1) 2

More than one media observer noted today (third day of training camp) that Josh Allen outplayed his competition for the position.  If that is happening this early in training camp, and it continues with some consistency, it's going to be hard for McDermott not to name Allen as the starter come September, if not a lot sooner.

5 hours ago, BB@Shooter said:

You are quite full of yourself and your opinion. You must also get paid well for your "thoughts" on Allen. Maybe our box seats are next to each other and we can both throw our expertise opinions at each other between plays.

Your delusional 

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Behave. I am not paid anything. My 'negative outlook' if that is what you want to call it long pre-dates the Bills drafting him. 

Disagree with me on him if you like. That is fine, many people do. Don't accuse me of manipulating my opinion or giving an opinion that isn't honest or suggest I have an agenda. I put the hours in, I did the work, I am entitled to an opinion. I didn't see him live and you did. I have said Allen has a chance to be a franchise guy I just think it is a small chance. I will be rooting for him every time he takes the field and if he makes it I will be the first to be here saying I was wrong. 

Exactly! I've always feel like if you put in the work...you definitely are entitled to your opinion. People just want sunshine & rainbow talk when it comes to our Bills.

1 hour ago, TigerJ said:

More than one media observer noted today (third day of training camp) that Josh Allen outplayed his competition for the position.  If that is happening this early in training camp, and it continues with some consistency, it's going to be hard for McDermott not to name Allen as the starter come September, if not a lot sooner.

& I'm all for that! The sooner...the better. I hope he's good...I really do. It will definitely justify the pick if he is

2 hours ago, TigerJ said:

Not really.  McD values QBs who don't turn the ball over.

Edited by Lurker

23 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

I haven't really been bashing... I've been posting what the media & experts are saying about him... even though you,@Hapless Bills Fan & ect. feels like it's not credible enough.  Glad you notice what I've been doing for the past months... that's great! I dont have to keep reposting...I just keep posting new stuff about him. 

Don't get mad at the messenger... even though I don't believe in Allen until he proves it. 

But that's my point...besides a handful of people...there's way more experts that feel like Allen will bust out, enough for me to spend months posting their stuff...& its NOT because he's a Bill that experts dislike him. This stuff has been said about him throughout the entire 2017 college season last year & during the predraft period.  

Like I've said... I just haven't drunk the koolaid because he's a Bill... 

Now if you want my opinion...let's switch the tune from media outlets that dislike Allen as a prospect.

What made Mahomes not worthy in their eyes to move out of 11 in the 2017 Draft?? 

If they would have taken Mahomes or Watson... they still could have possibly drafted Edmonds... & we would of had Mahomes & Edmonds instead of Allen. 

This is why I said... Mahomes, Watson, Rosen & Jackson will play a huge part on McBeane future... Allen CANNOT BE ANDY DALTON, or Kirk Cousins! He has to be better to justify the pick, and I dont believe he will. I pray I'm wrong...either way...its a win...win... for me. But until then...I will continue to give this board the RED PILL... & let you all continue to read the ton of experts that will forever breakdown his game until Allen actually proves he's Great!

Now that's my opinion...

Unfortunately this board has gone the way of BBMB. Everything is considered spam, everything. 

[off-topic commentary on mods deleted; poster messaged informing him of several appropriate avenues to make his complaints]

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
off-topic discussion

On 7/28/2018 at 12:57 AM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I disagree.  I see a lot of commentary on this message board pointing to flaws in Allen.  What I think you're confusing here is that a lot of people who didn't care for the Josh Allen pick now recognize that ship has sailed, our FO has made their choice and hitched their wagon to him.  So we're hoping for the best.

Hoping for the best in a done-deal is not the same as "wipe away anything bad that was reported", but to Absolutists it apparently looks that way.

Agree 100%..

I must admit when watching the draft I felt like I was punched in the gut when Allen’s name was announced..

I moved on when they drafted Edmunds and later Phillips and did a bit more research on Allen. I tried to look at if from an optimistic viewpoint as they have made the call - JA is the guy they have picked so I want him to succeed..

It won’t bring me any satisfaction if he is a bust and my original judgment turns out being correct..

Isnt supporting a football team supposed to be fun and something you want to enjoy?

If you can’t have optimism and hope for the future at this time of the year then I don’t know why you would bother following the team... 

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

Exactly! I've always feel like if you put in the work...you definitely are entitled to your opinion. People just want sunshine & rainbow talk when it comes to our Bills.

& I'm all for that! The sooner...the better. I hope he's good...I really do. It will definitely justify the pick if he is

More points of agreement.  Hear hear.

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

Not really.  McD values QBs who don't turn the ball over.

These are some quotes from Joe Buscaglia's day 3 camp coverage:

On McCarron - "Every once and again he'll see his first read and make a great throw down the field that makes you want to see more, but the remainder of the time shows a version of McCarron that is playing not to lose the job. The trouble is, that mentality might also cause him to lose the starting competition."

On Peterman - "In his first three days, Peterman has panicked in the pocket a bit and looks a little nervous to my eye. As a result, his accuracy has suffered, completing only 6-of-14 pass attempts over the last two days." 

Today in 11 on 11 work, all five of McCarron's completions were dumpoff type passes, either behind the LOS or within a very few yards of the LOS.  McDermott may not be thrilled with turnovers, but I doubt that a constant diet of dumpoffs are his cup of tea either.  After all, Buffalo just got rid of a QB this spring essentially because he was a game manager who wouldn't take enough risks.  

Regarding Peterman, I was a cheerleader for him last season, but he's hardly been proven to be a QB you can rely on not to throw interceptions.  If he doesn't regain the form he was showing in OTAs, I don't see him as a serious threat to start.

I agree that Josh Allen needs to work on his consistency.  He needs to see when DBs are baiting him better, keep working on his footwork and accuracy in the short passing game.  I'm just saying at this point, it's Allen who looks like he wants it and appears to be on a learning curve.  McCarron and Peterman to this point look like they're on a train headed nowhere.  If that trend continues, I would have a hard time rooting for McDermott to pick McCarron or Peterman as my starter.

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

Agree 100%..

I must admit when watching the draft I felt like I was punched in the gut when Allen’s name was announced..

I moved on when they drafted Edmunds and later Phillips and did a bit more research on Allen. I tried to look at if from an optimistic viewpoint as they have made the call - JA is the guy they have picked so I want him to succeed..

It won’t bring me any satisfaction if he is a bust and my original judgment turns out being correct..

Isnt supporting a football team supposed to be fun and something you want to enjoy?

If you can’t have optimism and hope for the future at this time of the year then I don’t know why you would bother following the team... 

Pretty much exactly how I am 

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I think there are some ppl that better get up on here and admit they jumped the gun and were wrong about Allen considering all the crap he has been getting......

Learn to trust your front office that made the playoffs in their first year a little more

Bro...we can really trust McDermott...dude nearly cost us the playoffs with his boneheaded decision to bench Tyrod for Peterman. We were a fart in the wind away from nearly missing the playoffs. We just caught a few bounces...I'll gladly take the drought be over...& last year still brings me chills...  but no way does Derm get full trust.

He makes questionable decisions & so far his clock management is horrible.  Let's not praise him just yet either.

19 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

You take yourself way too serious. This is just a message board and none of us are getting paid. Lighten up. I put my time in also. And I never said you didn't deserve an opinion, I just disagree with yours. Not the end of the world.

19 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Why would you say behave to me? I am not a child and threw out something you obviously didn't like. Are you a school marm?

16 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

Your delusional 

Scorpio 83, so if anyone who disagrees with you is delusional? I have seen you post that to myself and others that disagree with you. Great defense, just call the other poster delusional. End of story. I like that. It will be my new way of handling discussions.

Edited by BB@Shooter

On 7/24/2018 at 12:26 PM, Scorp83 said:

Hour 1 from Howard & Jeremy this morning on the Football Outsiders write up...(which I've posted the link below).

https://app.radio.com/s2OuDBPrGO

Man... this guy scares me. This write up.... wow.

From the Write Up:

"A parody of an NFL quarterback prospect, Allen was abysmal in 2017 en route to not even making an all-Mountain West team. We don't want to say there's absolutely no chance he'll ever be good – he's got a deep ball, he's got some ability to make plays on the run and under pressure – but there is zero empirical evidence to support him becoming a reasonable NFL starting quarterback. And if you thought the excuses for his supporting cast were bad in Wyoming, wait till you see this Bills offense. ... Allen is the battleground that old scouts are going to die on, whether they're right about it or, as all evidence suggests, wrong about it."

[BN] Blitz newsletter: Get your popcorn ready for this Josh Allen take – The Buffalo News
https://buffalonews.com/2018/07/24/josh-allen-take-football-outsiders-bills-almanac-scouts/

I'll still take the guys who scout for livelihood, over the guys who generate clicks for livelihood.

It gets scary to me when Analytics become religion.  There are so many variables for it to be perfect.

I wonder how many other low statistical chance guys grew a foot and gained 50 lbs while in college. 

Stats are there to tell you, you are taking a chance. Not to avoid them.