Helsinki Summit

39 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Are you talking about Spitzer or Schneiderman?

Also, I believe Ritter's transgressions were more than online.  I believe he showed up for a meet and met the FBI instead of his intended companion.  That is not online.

Schneiderman was never governor. Again, I'm not defending his transgressions; however, had he not been one of the most vocal critics of the Iraq war, he would've simply been some unknown perv who likes to masturbates in front of young girls....   

His transgressions certainly do take the focus off of those more important things he "exposes...."

10 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:
That's how you know this is hyperbole and hysterics. Because they will all tell you this is Peral Harbor and 9/11 but then ask them how to respond and they say "sanctions" We didn't respond to Pearl Harbor with sanctions. So either advocate bombing the **** out of Moscow or STFU

not even within 10,000,000,000 miles of Pearl Harbor or 9/11

how do people get all worked up about something as petty as this?

1 minute ago, TPS said:

Schneiderman was never governor. Again, I'm not defending his transgressions; however, had he not been one of the most vocal critics of the Iraq war, he would've simply been some unknown perv who likes to masturbates in front of young girls....   

His transgressions certainly do take the focus off of those more important things he "exposes...."

I'm going to go on record saying that I'm not comfortable with the idea of euphemizing "pedophilia" into "transgressions".

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

So your opinion of Trump's meeting with Putin being treasonous isn't yours, it's John Brennan's.

Then why the hell should anyone discuss it with you?  We should be discussing it with Brennan and the rest of MSNBC.

You're not worth talking to.  You don't even have your own outrage, you have to borrow the outrage of others.  

What makes Trump's actions treason?  Use specifics.  Start with defining "treason."

Oh it's my own outrage, and that of most loyal Americans. Brennan just happened to express my feelings to a T.  

As for the definition of treason, allow me to refer to 18 U.S. Code § 2381:

"Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States. (June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 807; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, § 330016(2)(J), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2148.)"

Carry on, PPP'ers. Putin approves.

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Oh it's my own outrage, and that of most loyal Americans. Brennan just happened to express my feelings to a T.  

But on what basis do you feel that way?  What "aid and comfort" has been given to the Russians that outrages you?  What makes them our enemy?

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

"Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States. (June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 807; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, § 330016(2)(J), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2148.)"

When did we declare war on Russia? Yourshit is pretty weakshit and maybe you should reconsider putting it on display here?

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

What's scary is that they outsource their outrage, and don't apply any thinking.

This will never be more evident than when they stop raging about Putin 24/7 and return to raging about Kavanaugh 24/7.

Mark it.

7 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

This actually explains it quite nicely.  And since it's written by a liberal law professor at a liberal school for a liberal paper, it nicely fits your partisanship.

But I suspect this revisionist dipshittery is more up your alley, conforming as it does to your "feelz."

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Promo - were you for or against the CIA torture program?

I believe his posts are a part of it.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

This will never be more evident than when they stop raging about Putin 24/7 and return to raging about Kavanaugh 24/7.

Mark it.

My expectation is that their rage about Kavanaugh going forward will actually be about Putin: "We need a Justice who's not nominated by a President treasonously beholden to Putin!"

• Like (+1) 1

what's tomorrow's tempest in a pisspot storm, totally forgetting what was called the end of the world today

these people should get a Marshall stack and stand on a street corner in Buffalo, the insanity and hilarity they are providing

?

17 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:
That's how you know this is hyperbole and hysterics. Because they will all tell you this is Peral Harbor and 9/11 but then ask them how to respond and they say "sanctions" We didn't respond to Pearl Harbor with sanctions. So either advocate bombing the **** out of Moscow or STFU

Personally, I thought the "Kristallnacht" analogy was the real high point.  An act not treasonous, having nothing to do with the US or Russia, that was addressed with rather mild sanctions.  It only served as a convenient and slightly original Nazi reference.  

I mean, if you're going to push the collusion/treason/Nazi angle, at least go Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, TakeYouToTasker said:

I think this is prescient.

The Democrats are absurd, but predictable.  

God, I miss the Democratic Party of even 20 years ago.  At least they had some legislative sense.  Ever since Pelosi became Speaker, they've gone completely mental.