Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

A civil suit? This is good news.

 

I’d be worried if he was hit with criminal charges, but it doesn’t look like it is going to happen at this point. 

 

I would say the chances of him being suspended have been greatly reduced. 

Edited by Idandria

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too bad the dog can’t talk. Probably the only trustworthy one in the entire house.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will this affect him at all playing-wise? Bills seemed pretty confident he was going to be fine 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Too bad the dog can’t talk. Probably the only trustworthy one in the entire house.

Depends on the breed, how he or she was actually treated. Some of them you cannot trust. Some of them just like to live in fancy houses and then look down on other dogs in the hood. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my opinion, this makes it look like she was just after money the entire time, since she knew her free ride with McCoy was just about done. 

 

I hate to doubt the “victim” in these types of scenarios. But this is a bad look for her, especially when the police investigation hasn’t even finished yet (to my knowledge). 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So she is suing him for disabling a security system in his own house that he was squatting in against his will. 

 

Only in america, only in America. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

This will get tossed so quick

I don't believe it will. A civil lawsuit is based on a preponderance of evidence, and is not based on the amount of evidence, per se, but which side is more convincing. And, because this is not a criminal trial, in which a case must be proven beyond a reasonable doubt, the standard for allowing the case to go forward is much easier. I would not be at all surprised if he settled this out of court. With the apparent lack of hard evidence, all it takes is his checkbook to make this go away. If he doesn't settle, this could become a long, and protracted battle, which could certainly become damaging to his career, regardless of how innocent he may, or may not be. JMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Will this affect him at all playing-wise? Bills seemed pretty confident he was going to be fine 

 

 

Yet she stood idly by and did nothing. She was cool with it ( alleged behavior) as long as she got some $$ out of the deal. Oh let me guess, she was too “ scared of him” to do anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Will this affect him at all playing-wise? Bills seemed pretty confident he was going to be fine 

 

 

I have to believe that if this goes to trial, and she is able to convince a jury that he is, in any way responsible, or that there was credible evidence of domestic violence, that the league will take that very seriously. These things have a way of snowballing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I have to believe that if this goes to trial, and she is able to convince a jury that he is, in any way responsible, or that there was credible evidence of domestic violence, that the league will take that very seriously. These things have a way of snowballing.

Three very large IF s right now. There doesn’t appear to be any evidence of domestic violence at this point. Even the police reports said there was never a call placed to report domestic violence in that home. This is a blatant and obvious attempt at extortion by an estranged ex. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Three very large IF s right now. There doesn’t appear to be any evidence of domestic violence at this point. Even the police reports said there was never a call placed to report domestic violence in that home. This is a blatant and obvious attempt at extortion by an estranged ex. 

Agreed. 

 

The easy thing to do is to settle and pay her gold digger ass out. I honestly hope McCoy's lawyers fight this. Her only witness would be a dog to her claims as the mother of the kid in question that gets beat was denied by her. Ohh, and the simple fact McCoy has confirmed Alibi while in Florida when all this went down.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With a new thread about new allegations and lawsuit, I’m locking this 183 pg thread.

 

OK?

 

PM me with any issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×