LeSean McCoy allegations

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

Do they or do they not have the right to appeal?

A "right" to appeal does not mean that she had an underlying substantive "right."

You are arguing for the sake of arguing. 

1 minute ago, Peter said:

That is like saying just because someone sues someone for $1 million that they have the right to $1 million until a jury says otherwise. 

If Person A sues Person B for a million dollars, then Person B absolutely has the right to that million until a jury says otherwise.  So yes, it is exactly like saying that.

We're "arguing semantics" because the semantics in this case are important.  You're arguing "rights" from a legal context that is semantically very specific, but you don't seem to understand that.  

3 minutes ago, Peter said:

A "right" to appeal does not mean that she had an underlying substantive "right."

You are arguing for the sake of arguing. 

A right to appeal does mean her right as a tenant is not revoked until completion of the appeal.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsfan2298 said:

Anyone else feel like LeSean should be released/traded even if he has nothing to do with this? He just turned 30, and may be going into decline soon. It's clear that this team probably isn't going to the playoffs with McCarron/Allen/Peterman, and there would be significant cap savings for next year. I feel like he definitely won't be on the team for the 2019-2020 season, and trading him could help the team in its reconstructing and get a  higher draft pick.

No.

We're going to the playoffs this year with double digit wins.

2 hours ago, BuffaloSol said:

When did I say she deserved it? I'm being sarcastic about someone proclaiming it on a message board like it needs to be said. We all know that she didn't deserve it but, some people think that questioning her motives and suggesting theories about the crime mean that those people think she deserved it.

You can rationalize violence against women any way you want but your analogy rings hollow.  You disgust me.

1 minute ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

Any NFL discipline or action based in what we know so far would be grossly premature.

Like giving a player a 2-game suspension before you've seen the video that makes you decide it should be a full 16?

Nah...Goodell would never do that...

8 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

If Person A sues Person B for a million dollars, then Person B absolutely has the right to that million until a jury says otherwise.  So yes, it is exactly like saying that.

We're "arguing semantics" because the semantics in this case are important.  You're arguing "rights" from a legal context that is semantically very specific, but you don't seem to understand that.  

You are wrong for two reasons:

1) In your rush to be disagreeable, you mixed up A and B in your example.

2) You are wrong. There is no right to a $1 million.  The plaintiff has the burden of proving that right and persuading a jury (or the judge as the trier of fact).  Just because you can afford the filing fee does not mean that you are able to deposit a $1 million in your bank account at the inception of any litigation.

She has no underlying right to stay at that house.  She does not own the house. She does not have a written lease.  She was allowed to stay as a guest and was a tenant at will (the will of Shady).  He said move out and has gone through the eviction process and the judge will find that her tenancy at will terminated when Shady said he no longer wanted her there.  Just because she has delayed things does not mean she has underlying rights.

Have fun.  I am signing off.

Edited by Peter

16 minutes ago, Doc said:

...and who was facing eviction with nowhere else to live, much less means to support herself... (next up)

From where are you getting this?

Jewelry was on loan. hard to sift through it all !

10 minutes ago, Peter said:

That is like saying just because someone sues someone for $1 million that they have the right to $1 million until a jury says otherwise. 

The judge is going to find that she has NO right to stay there.

You are arguing semantics just like DC Tom. 

It’s not semantics at all. You’re arguing that she currently does not have tenant’s rights that have been established by Georgia and common law. That is simply not true, no matter how you want to word it.

What do think the law says counselor? That the moment McCoy decided “i want this person out of the house” she lost her rights that her previous occupancy established? Because if you really think that...wow. 

3 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Like giving a player a 2-game suspension before you've seen the video that makes you decide it should be a full 16?

Nah...Goodell would never do that...

There's no way Goodell didn't see that video before he "saw" the video.

1 hour ago, slaphappy said:

Wouldn't we feel foolish if this guy is real...

https://twitter.com/MPetchenikWSB/status/1017469923780591616

So... does this mean the only accusations of domestic abuse are coming from Shady's ex-girlfriend's friend????

I'm thinking this looks more and more foolish.

If Shady's innocent (looks more likely, to me), he needs to change his lifestyle because his party lifestyle just makes him too susceptible to false accusations that look believable.

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

So... does this mean the only accusations of domestic abuse are coming from Shady's ex-girlfriend's friend????

I'm thinking this looks more and more foolish.

If Shady's innocent (looks more likely, to me), he needs to change his lifestyle because his party lifestyle just makes him too susceptible to false accusations that look believable.

Yup.  And Shady's baby mama said he's never abused their son.

1 minute ago, JoPar_v2 said:

It’s not semantics at all. You’re arguing that she currently does not have tenant’s rights that have been established by Georgia and common law. That is simply not true, no matter how you want to word it.

What do think the law says counselor? That the moment McCoy decided “i want this person out of the house” she lost her rights that her previous occupancy established? Because if you really think that...wow. 

I quoted the Georgia statutes.  You can read (I hope).  She was a tenant at will - at the will of Shady.  Georgia law gives her 60 days to move out.  The tenancy at will ended.  She has overstayed the 60 days.

How much would you like to bet that the judge finds that she has to move out or that she moves out before the hearing once she figures out that she cannot delay it any longer?  Do you really think that the judge is going to find that she has the right to stay there?  All she is doing is delaying the inevitable ruling against her.

1 minute ago, Peter said:

I quoted the Georgia statutes.  You can read (I hope).  She was a tenant at will - at the will of Shady.  Georgia law gives her 60 days to move out.  The tenancy at will ended.  She has overstayed the 60 days.

How much would you like to bet that the judge finds that she has to move out or that she moves out before the hearing once she figures out that she cannot delay it any longer?  Do you really think that the judge is going to find that she has the right to stay there?  All she is doing is delaying the inevitable ruling against her.

is there a chance you are British ?