LeSean McCoy allegations

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

While I agree, you have to admit that his negative reputation precedes him, so you can’t really fault people for having doubts in their mind.

Everyone has a right to an opinion and to voice, however, an opinion isnt a fact until its supported by evidence. If hes guilty he deserves punishment, however, an allegation doesnt merit trashing the guy until hes flund guilty. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Bill_with_it said:

This thread has turned into a 5 star **it show.

Innocent until proven guilty.

You dont know what you dont know. You know?

I don't know why anyone should be offended by this thread. There's plenty to discus, here, and there is no reason not to have an opinion, or to indulge in conjecture. I can go ahead and say, "I think he probably orchestrated it, and maybe it went a little awry on him when his goon went too far," (which, honestly, I think is probably the most likely scenario), and you can go ahead and disagree with me. "Innocent until proven guilty" is the legal philosophy under which our legal system is based. We, as fans, have no such burden, because, at the end of the day, our opinions are meaningless.

5 minutes ago, Bill_with_it said:

Everyone has a right to an opinion and to voice, however, an opinion isnt a fact until its supported by evidence. If hes guilty he deserves punishment, however, an allegation doesnt merit trashing the guy until hes flund guilty. 

I'm going to say that NO ONE is trashing the guy solely based on the allegation. They're trashing the guy (or defending him, as the case may be) based on their opinion of his character gleaned from what we've read, and interpreted from what the media has reported on him over the years.

And, if people are voicing their opinions as if they're "facts," that's really just a matter of semantics. Some people's rhetorical devices are less nuanced than others.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

While I agree, you have to admit that his negative reputation precedes him, so you can’t really fault people for having doubts in their mind.

Nothing he's ever before was criminal in nature.  Much less a felony, like this would be. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I don't know why anyone should be offended by this thread. There's plenty to discus, here, and there is no reason not to have an opinion, or to indulge in conjecture. I can go ahead and say, "I think he probably orchestrated it, and maybe it went a little awry on him when his goon went too far," (which, honestly, I think is probably the most likely scenario), and you can go ahead and disagree with me. "Innocent until proven guilty" is the legal philosophy under which our legal system is based. We, as fans, have no such burden, because, at the end of the day, our opinions are meaningless.

I'm going to say that NO ONE is trashing the guy solely based on the allegation. They're trashing the guy (or defending him, as the case may be) based on their opinion of his character gleaned from what we've read, and interpreted from what the media has reported on him over the years.

And, if people are voicing their opinions as if they're "facts," that's really just a matter of semantics. Some people's rhetorical devices are less nuanced than others.

Most likely scenario based on what?

• Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Our legal system. Put yourself in his situation. Be 100% innocent for this scenario. Have the same past as Mccoy and read what you just typed was your most likely scenario based on speculation. Its no more likely than aliens done it. You and I both know that eveyone doesn't interpret everything the same and the media misrepresents often times.  

1 hour ago, Bill_with_it said:

Agreed

23 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

Only The Shadow knows.

cue the music

who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men

heck you must be older than I Uncle Joe ! But not as old as our dearly beloved Chandler #81  ha ha

2 hours ago, purple haze said:

I wonder if the friend who posted the original Instagram will be found to have a hand in this?

the ole double reverse from a stacked I formation ?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 3rdand12 said:

cue the music

heck you must be older than I Uncle Joe !

But not as old as our dearly beloved Chandler #81  ha ha

No, I am not that old but my dearly beloved Uncle Joe was from that era.
My Dad who is still with us still uses that phrase from time to time.

3 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

cue the music

heck you must be older than I Uncle Joe ! But not as old as our dearly beloved Chandler #81  ha ha

the ole double reverse from a stacked I formation ?

So far she is the one person who came out with a deluge of information.  Info that has been backtracked on, disputed, etc.  add in the AWOL, teenaged son on the night of the robbery, Shady's call to cops a year ago and his expressed belief the ex-girlfriend would try to drag his name through the mud, a neighbors call that people were starting trouble at the house with Shady's mother,  it is all very strange.

Hey, it could be that Shady ordered the job, but I'm just playing amateur detective.  This seems like a situation that will be wind up being twisted up in unforeseen ways.

10 minutes ago, purple haze said:

So far she is the one person who came out with a deluge of information.  Info that has been backtracked on, disputed, etc.  add in the AWOL, teenaged son on the night of the robbery, Shady's call to cops a year ago and his expressed belief the ex-girlfriend would try to drag his name through the mud, a neighbors call that people were starting trouble at the house with Shady's mother,  it is all very strange.

Hey, it could be that Shady ordered the job, but I'm just playing amateur detective.  This seems like a situation that will be wind up being twisted up in unforeseen ways.

I don't think Shady is that dumb. He was exploring legal avenues of eviction. He doesn't need the jewelry. Once it's stolen it's just evidence and useless. Why would he pay a guy to break into his own house to beat a girl up and steal jewelry? 

I don't think it's that easy to set that up. You leave a trail. Plus you have to count on the guy who did it never getting caught or talking. Then throwing in the jewelry is just more stupid.

I think if Shady hated her that much it would have gone all the way. Just my opinion.

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Most likely scenario based on what?

All right, I stepped in it. 

Based on very little. Based on what little I know of the situation. My point is, whatever my speculation is, it is just that. Pure, meaningless speculation, and nobody should be offended that I arrived at a suspicion that may very well (hopefully) be wrong. This forum ain't a court of law.

Otherwise, why bother having this discussion for 179 pages?

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Lfod said:

I don't think Shady is that dumb. He was exploring legal avenues of eviction. He doesn't need the jewelry. Once it's stolen it's just evidence and useless. Why would he pay a guy to break into his own house to beat a girl up and steal jewelry? 

I don't think it's that easy to set that up. You leave a trail. Plus you have to count on the guy who did it never getting caught or talking. Then throwing in the jewelry is just more stupid.

I think if Shady hated her that much it would have gone all the way. Just my opinion.

All logical points.  But many crimes defy logic and we have to account for the possibility that emotion and frustration got the best of him.  He could have sent the guy, but the guy went farther than he was supposed to during the "robbery".  

My my gut is telling me this isn't Shady though.  My mind keeps coming back to the friend with the Instagram post.

I'm going to put this bluntly why I don't think Shady's guilty... his character is like the equivalent of a self-involved player, in my opinion... he doesn't always do everything that's morally good, but he's not malevolent or out for blood in some well-schemed plan as this would have to be.

That whole nightclub incident a few years ago would have appeared to be an incident that took place as a result of that whole personality. This one involved malevolence and planning and I just don't think that's what Shady is.

Shady's the guy who throws a huge orgy party, not the guy who stalks his ex-girlfriend going to an orgy party and goes in to beat the crap out of her and the guy she's bangin.

Just my opinion.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

That whole nightclub incident a few years ago would have appeared to be an incident that took place as a result of that whole personality. This one involved malevolence and planning and I just don't think that's what Shady is.

In all fairness, I'm not sure anything can be drawn from that incident because it's just as likely that the off duty cops started the fight. It's easy to look like a victim after getting into a fight with professional athletes lol. 

25 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

In all fairness, I'm not sure anything can be drawn from that incident because it's just as likely that the off duty cops started the fight. It's easy to look like a victim after getting into a fight with professional athletes lol. 

They investigated and they determined the cops did start the fight.  That's why Shady never got charged, fined or suspended, or even hit with a civil suit.

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Doc said:

They investigated and they determined the cops did start the fight.  That's why Shady never got charged, fined or suspended, or even hit with a civil suit.

I thought it was that they couldn't determine who started it and that the cops did sue. It's been a while though. 

4 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I thought it was that they couldn't determine who started it and that the cops did sue. It's been a while though. 

it came out that the cops were driving drunk, going through dui checkpoints without getting tested and then fighting. it was not a good look and no wonder it got squashed.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Trogdor said:

No, they determined the cop started it and that’s why the matter was dropped.  Plus the other stuff. 

• Like (+1) 1