Post a pic of your favorite Christmas and/or Birthday present

I don’t have any pics unless I dig around the house but when I was 7 my dad bought me a snowmobile for Christmas it was awesome 

and when I was around 12-13 he bought me a dirt bike which I jumped right through his garage door with ?

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Dude I used to love the NES and SNES!

I went to this great taco shack near Montpelier, and they had a NES with a basket full of games in the dining room.  I got to play some Contra and super tecmo bowl while I was eating my tacos and drinking a few pints of Hill Farmstead.  I was loving it.

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I went to this great taco shack near Montpelier, and they had a NES with a basket full of games in the dining room.  I got to play some Contra and super tecmo bowl while I was eating my tacos and drinking a few pints of Hill Farmstead.  I was loving it.

Want to hear something crazy?  When I started playing NES, I had a broken finger with a cast on my left arm.  The only way I could play, I had to turn the controller upside down and use my right hand to use the Direction Pad.  So everything was opposite.  Pressed up to go down, pressed left to go right.  My left thumb was not inside the cast so I could still press the buttons.  I had this cast on for I think 7-8 weeks.

I never stopped using the controller upside down because I got so good at it.  So, today, at 36 years old....every time I use a controller, it's upside down.

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I never stopped using the controller upside down because I got so good at it.  So, today, at 36 years old....every time I use a controller, it's upside down.

Does this work with women?

Edited by Cripple Creek

Here is another grand slam gift from my youth: the Lego "Yellow Castle".

latest?cb=20110422235026

Got this some time in the mid '70s; one of my all time favorites.  My buddy across the street and I had these and tortured our neighbors with that noise these things made.

We used the "spinout bar" so often we burned holes in the plastic skin of the right rear tire, and our moms somehow got spare wheel parts to fix the problem, as I remember it.

3405c856da5a719b0a30ce70ba07b43c.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Here is another grand slam gift from my youth: the Lego "Yellow Castle".

latest?cb=20110422235026

Got this some time in the mid '70s; one of my all time favorites.  My buddy across the street and I had these and tortured our neighbors with that noise these things made.

We used the "spinout bar" so often we burned holes in the plastic skin of the right rear tire, and our moms somehow got spare wheel parts to fix the problem, as I remember it.

3405c856da5a719b0a30ce70ba07b43c.jpg

Spent through 3 Big Wheels from 1971-1973.  Neighbor kid had the chain drive "Chopper"... Every time I was ready to trade up, my parents asked what I wanted... Always went back to the Big Wheel!

Actually, mother ran over one Big Wheel with her Plymouth Valiant... When I parked behind it.  Good thing I wasn't on it.  She did you guys NO favors that day!

To ExiledinIllinois and others:

Who remembers "The Green Machine" ???

I never had one nor do I remember any kid on my street having one, but I remember the commercials.  Had a weird propulsion system based on cranking the 2 hand levers back and forth.

hqdefault.jpg

One Christmas, my wife gave me the best present I ever received - a small charm for my key chain in the shape of a cat, and a receipt for a very generous donation to our local animal shelter.  (TBD forums always say my cell phone pictures are too big.)