Legalized!@!!@@@!@@°°°•°°°°°!!!!

BUFFALOKIE

I was talking with a buddy who said he loved smoking pot when he was younger and would do it now if legal....and his wife was on board with him partaking. He did make a good point I never thought of - if it’s legal you aren’t going to a dealer who has far more dangerous product to share. You might never even have to know that guy. Just a thought...

12 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I'd choose neither. Everybody handles drugs differently...

There would never be a reason to choose one over the other. We are just used to see what alcohol brings to driving.  Now we will see what the Mary Jane brings.

Don't get me wrong, in a perfect world, nobody would drive under the influence of anything, but we all know better. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

At $250 an ounce not surprised product is stolen.  Most of money is probably credit card receipts or money in lock boxes difficult to get access to by thieves quickly.

And I think there will probably be as many dealer and dealer workers arrested since black market will not go away with potential profits as well as illegal importers and those who farm on public lands.  Plus interstate transporters doing it without licenses.  Remember the IRS got Capone.  In 1931, the Internal Revenue Service's Intelligence Unit completed an investigation of Alphonse Capone which led to his conviction for tax evasion for which he served 11 years in prison.  He was not sent to jail for moonshining, etc.

Yes some users will not be arrested but that is not the major class of felons filling prisons but they will be sent as well when stoned driver kills someone and gets arrested DWI.

Actually, they are cash only business at the moment.  Financial institutions are too afraid of the Fed to do business with them. 

Illegal distribution arrest in legal states are down significantly since legalization.

What you don't understand about policing is that they would use Pot arrest to "get you in the system."  That means you get arrested for Pot, you go on probation, you have a record, etc.  Then you have a much easier path to show probably cause for searches and things like that, plus, as stated before, repeat offenders easily turn into felonies.

Finally, driving stoned is not ideal, but it is WAY safer than driving drunk. 

5 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Don't get me wrong, in a perfect world, nobody would drive under the influence of anything, but we all know better. 

Fair enough.  Let's just wait for the statistics to come out through the decades of legalization.

14 minutes ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

Where have you been? You still don't know the difference? People like you...

BTW, you should know better than to say "never".

Never again.

Difference between what? Impaired forms of driving?  Not to say I haven't ever chosen.  It was dumb and foolish.

1 hour ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

I'll bet that most all you naysayers are pubicans. The party for 'less guvment, more freedom', or so your party is based on. Hippo krits.

Guns good. Grass bad. LoL! FU all!

Yeah, so what's your point? Black market? Like where I buy my camels and Budweiser? Taxes...whole different debate!

The point is there will be rules just like there are for tobacco and alcohol.  And I am old enough to remember when there were far fewer rules for either of those two.  Black market?  Yeah, people will still like the idea of saving money because the black market does not collect sales tax.  People drive 50, 60, or more miles to the reservation to buy tobacco cigarettes so there are people motivated by money when they make their purchases.  The bottom line is that long term users of pot will not see their lifestyle change appreciably.  You're not smoking a fatty in a movie theater or restaurant and you will feel at some point that it is criminal to pay 1.25-1.30 times the black market price at Walgreens where the woman behind the counter is 55 and has lost her looks along with being 40 pounds overweight.  Plus you will be longing to see what the old dealer's SIL is sporting in terms of athletic bra and yoga pants.  

1 hour ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

I'll bet that most all you naysayers are pubicans. The party for 'less guvment, more freedom', or so your party is based on. Hippo krits.

Guns good. Grass bad. LoL! FU all!

Yeah, so what's your point? Black market? Like where I buy my camels and Budweiser? Taxes...whole different debate!

You know me... I am a big time Democrat.

I am not against it.  Never say ALL.  You know better.

9 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Denver is actually having the opposite effect.  The stuff at the stores are better than they are in the streets.  I watched a news report last year that these shops are getting robbed and the robbers aren't taking the cash....they are taking the product.  The product in these stores are scientifically made and are much stronger.  They can't replicate it themselves so they steal it.

I have a guy that grows his own stuff in Atlanta....it's good.  I also had medical grade in California and that hit me much, much harder.

I’m going to Cali to “sample” all the medicine I can in a few week

I may never come homeone

22 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yeah same here... But with all the states changing and the FDA just approving the medical marijuana drug... Fed will change, eventually.  How can they not?

I am all for legalization... But, it doesn't bode well for lowering our standards as a society.  Everybody wants a crutch, be it through all kinds of substances.  So be it. Let them have their candy.

The bar is definitely getting lower and lower.

The Center for Drug Policy studied states that have legalized weed and there is barely an increase in use.  So all legalization does is bring all that sweet cash from current users into the taxable economy. The notion of new users from legalization is a red herring used by opponents. That and equating weed to heroin.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The Center for Drug Policy studied states that have legalized weed and there is barely an increase in use.  So all legalization does is bring all that sweet cash from current users into the taxable economy. The notion of new users from legalization is a red herring used by opponents. That and equating weed to heroin.

I'd like to see a study 15-20 years down the road as there would be a generation with a different perspective as they would have never known it as illegal which might influence their perspective.  Also, there is still a social stigma in using so I question the accuracy of surveys relating to illicit drugs.  For most people their consumption habits have been pretty well established by their early 20's so if they are honest in a survey they will not reflect a change in conduct.  It might make for an interesting movie on Lifetime but I would say somebody taking up pot for the first time while in their 40's or 50's has to be fairly rare.

3 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

I'd like to see a study 15-20 years down the road as there would be a generation with a different perspective as they would have never known it as illegal which might influence their perspective.  Also, there is still a social stigma in using so I question the accuracy of surveys relating to illicit drugs.  For most people their consumption habits have been pretty well established by their early 20's so if they are honest in a survey they will not reflect a change in conduct.  It might make for an interesting movie on Lifetime but I would say somebody taking up pot for the first time while in their 40's or 50's has to be fairly rare.

You can also just observe those states now and see if there is any increase in negative outcomes. From what I gather not much has changed day to day.

19 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

Plus you will be longing to see what the old dealer's SIL is sporting in terms of athletic bra and yoga pants.  

Yes it sounds like you go to dealers to look at the addicts which hang around them.  I think you have mentioned this several times.

Does MJ cause delusions or maybe you are just dreaming.

7 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

It might make for an interesting movie on Lifetime but I would say somebody taking up pot for the first time while in their 40's or 50's has to be fairly rare.

Some may if they quit when younger for jobs for which some even in states where it is "legal" do drug testing, etc and deny employment.  No state has made rules stating employers cannot screen out potheads.

There may be some who get into late in life based on hearing what some say MJ fixes.  Know someone heard the same thing about other things and even though it makes no difference, they keep trying saying it will work eventually.

20 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Yes it sounds like you go to dealers to look at the addicts which hang around them.  I think you have mentioned this several times.

Some may if they quit when younger for jobs for which some even in states where it is "legal" do drug testing, etc and deny employment.  No state has made rules stating employers cannot screen out potheads.

There may be some who get into late in life based on hearing what some say MJ fixes.  Know someone heard the same thing about other things and even though it makes no difference, they keep trying saying it will work eventually.

I don't know what you are getting upset about.  I only mentioned women twice not several times which by most definitions is more than twice.  How do you know that they are addicts when I have not mentioned that they are addicts?  Further, I never said that I went to a dealer but just am recalling statements by others such as my SIL who confronted her hubby after being seen at a dealer's home.  You have to admit in a business that is no doubt heavy in competition having a couple of good looking women around would give you a leg up on the competition for male clients.  No?

So if they quit "when younger for jobs" that would not be their first time if they do it in their 40's or 50's?

I never said a person could not check out pot late in life if they have an illness that pot eases the pain for or even does more for the patient.  I would question that among the tens of millions of users total (or more) that those medical users are a substantial percentage of the overall number.  I am saying that if a person is healthy and has not gotten into it then it is not very probable to start late in life.  

5 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Sounds like someone needs a puff or two ☝?

Anybody find it problematic that the chronic makes people lazy and less driven.  That can't be possibly good for society?Sure people are mellow and chill but, this can't bode well when it comes to setting high expectations & standards for living life.

A general malaise can't be good. 

21 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Anybody find it problematic that the chronic makes people lazy and less driven.  That can't be possibly good for society?Sure people are mellow and chill but, this can't bode well when it comes to setting high expectations & standards for living life.

Kind of like like alcohol,huh.

24 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Complete nonsense stereotype.  Plenty of uber successful users, especially creative types.  

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yea it really held Bill Gates, Obama, Michael Phelps, Steve Jobs, George Clooney, and Shakespeare back ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

Edited by Teddy KGB