Legalized!@!!@@@!@@°°°•°°°°°!!!!

BUFFALOKIE

14 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Yea it really held Bill Gates, Obama, Michael Phelps, Steve Jobs, George Clooney, and Shakespeare back ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

Possibly the two guys I knew in HS and college who have made the most money (on a fairly ridiculous level) were BIG time into weed (and other stuff).  I know plenty of the others got stuck to the couch, or worse, but it’s mostly about your drive. You have to know what you want and put that first. 

13 minutes ago, Augie said:

Possibly the two guys I knew in HS and college who have made the most money (on a fairly ridiculous level) were BIG time into weed (and other stuff).  I know plenty of the others got stuck to the couch, or worse, but it’s mostly about your drive. You have to know what you want and put that first

Key words here.  Two that make it, plenty get stuck to the couch.

How can possibly be good?

Only two followed your last sentence advice.

You expect giving free reign to the masses and green light to the chronic to magically change the above ratio.

There is only win-win here for a few. Plenty will lose-lose, but boy do we love the long odds!  Take them all the time.

3 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

You expect giving free reign to the masses and green light to the chronic to magically change the above ratio.

There is only win-win here for a few. Plenty will lose-lose, but boy do we love the long odds!  Take them all the time.

Two of my best friends became multi-gazillionaires. They were big time users. A few I know became less than they could have been. Most landed in the middle...exactly what you’d expect. But weed doesn’t mean you can’t do well in life. 

Don’t get me wrong, if you’ve been paying attention my family is NOT pro-drug. We lost a son. I just like reason and balance and people who don’t over-react. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

From where I am sitting not even two made it.  The higher functioning ones have some type of job below their skill set and a lot of the others just lived with their parents.  I agree with those that pot does not hit everybody the same and some are flat out predisposed to being lazy without the influence of drugs.  I've seen much more of the negative than the positive plain and simple.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

From where I am sitting not even two made it.  The higher functioning ones have some type of job below their skill set and a lot of the others just lived with their parents.  I agree with those that pot does not hit everybody the same and some are flat out predisposed to being lazy without the influence of drugs.  I've seen much more of the negative than the positive plain and simple.

Augie is a Boomer too. I am not using the fact that he's a Boomer in pejorative way (other times I do though).  Whole different game years ago.  Highly competitive game now...Well even more so than ever... Competition is stiff for limited resources.  Pot surely can't help to keep your game sharp, situational awareness in traditional fields outside of the artist scene. Of course experimentation is a major part of growing up... But watch the pitfalls with so many other issues and  societal pressures put on young adults.

And yes Augie, I am very sorry for your son... He's in Our thoughts & prayers all the time.  We are going through a difficult spell with our daughter.  It simply can't devolve into drugs or other types of artificial crutches for dealing with life, others, etc...

Way too much temptation out there, almost too many choices.  Parents really gotta bring their A-game.

This doesn't mean I am against legalization.  I am all for it.

20 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Yea it really held Bill Gates, Obama, Michael Phelps, Steve Jobs, George Clooney, and Shakespeare back ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

It depends on whose data you want to use but if 50 percent of the adult population are users and you can only name a handful that is really not supporting the argument that MJ usage promotes success.  Maybe before he kicks off Bill Clinton will admit to inhaling to help the cause.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

It depends on whose data you want to use but if 50 percent of the adult population are users and you can only name a handful that is really not supporting the argument that MJ usage promotes success.  Maybe before he kicks off Bill Clinton will admit to inhaling to help the cause.  

Yep.  Difference between users and people who try it.  There is a reason they call the user culture "The Chronic."

Like saying I will play basketball and be Michael Jordan.  Very few make it... 

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

??‍♂️??‍♂️  No one said it promotes success. 

No one said those few people were the only successful ones 

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yep.  Difference between users and people who try it.  There is a reason they call the user culture "The Chronic."

Like saying I will play basketball and be Michael Jordan.  Very few make it... 

??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

Just admit your clueless on the topic and live in a world of false stereotypes 

tell me more about “The Chronic”    Seems pretty 1992 to me ?

Edited by Teddy KGB
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

I am all for giving the people what they want... Makes it easier to compete when the bar is low... You just step over.

But... Is that what we really want?  Why not set expectations for excellence?  

Being more chill is not what society needs but will get.

11 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I am all for giving the people what they want... Makes it easier to compete when the bar is low... You just step over.

How do you know what society needs ? 

A guy who smokes a joint on a Friday night can’t achieve excellence because he’s “chill” ?  Seems like BS.  

Have you met expectations for excellence? 

Have you had sex........

ON WEED 

Edited by Teddy KGB

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Honestly, I feel the same in terms of setting the bar low so it is easier to compete.  I guess that I played too many board games as a kid where it is all about seeking out any advantage possible to compete and not so much worrying about the greater good.  

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

Actually, Gates, Jobs, Shakespeare, et. on down the line are cited quite a bit when the discussion is about pot promoting creativity.  As far as those being the only ones most likely not but it seems you ran out of gas pretty readily on the discussion.  I have no doubt that pot works for some people but doubt that it works for a majority of users.  It's just a pattern I see that is independent of genetics, environment, etc..  I don't know of anybody shouting to the world about a great break through such as discovering warp drive and how pot lead them there.  If your biggest downfall is stress then I see how it helps but then before you know it you are at the tripping point where waiting for the microwave for 4.5 minutes to warm dinner is stressful.  Some of the most edgy (not in a good way) people I Knew were high frequency users of pot because they knocked their ability down to weather stress to a point where it seemed hard for them to function for the most basic tasks.

Pot is often called a gateway drug. I have a friend/former co-worker who says he smoked earlier in life. If it were legal and his wife was OK with it, he’d do it now. He points out that by being legal, it keeps you away from the dealer who’s pushing other product as well. It’s easier to step up if you’re already seeing the guy who’s got the full menu. I had never thought of that aspect before, and found it interesting. 

I'm all for medical marijuana.  It has proven uses, and is the drug of choice for more than one condition.  Legalizing marijuana for recreational use won't affect me personally, but I'm concerned that it could open a Pandora's box for society.   The number of persons who drive under the influence is certain to go up IMO, and there are a number of professions where judgment impaired by marijuana could be catastrophic.  I sure don't want to go to a dentist who has been puffing on a joint during his/her break, or find myself on a plane where the pilot likes to be a little higher than the plane.  No, most people won't engage in such foolhardiness and will limit their use to their own free time, but there will be exceptions to the rule, and probably more of them when it is legalized than there are now.

• Thank you (+1) 1

People use it to relax, escape... How can a drug, crutch to cope be bad.  Gee, I can't see this going off the rails anytime soon...

I gotta get me a soul crushing life so I can get me some weed to relax... Enjoy myself... Life makes me so uptight, I gotta smoke weed to relax... LoL... /smh...

Dopers unite!

Again, a chill, sedated, placated hoi polloi... What can be more wonderful.  Just hang out @ the gas sstation and see how much booze and smokes moves through its doors.

We are cooking with gas!

On 6/29/2018 at 10:11 PM, ExiledInIllinois said:

Anybody find it problematic that the chronic makes people lazy and less driven.  That can't be possibly good for society?Sure people are mellow and chill but, this can't bode well when it comes to setting high expectations & standards for living life.

A general malaise can't be good. 

That's a sweeping generalisation. A lot of well known movers and shakers spark up. Steve Jobs is a famous one. Like any substance, there's a down side if you abuse. But most people don't.

Also you've never heard a headline about someone smoking a joint and going on a rampage.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

That's a sweeping generalisation. A lot of well known movers and shakers spark up. Steve Jobs is a famous one. Like any substance, there's a down side if you abuse. But most people don't.

Dead. Died early.

Also only ate fruit and died of pancreatic cancer.  Great example. But he saved the earth while he was kicking.

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Also you've never heard a headline about someone smoking a joint and going on a rampage.

Also: If there is dependancy, it's abuse.  I am not a teetotaler, but take a look @ alcohol.  Most people who drink regularly have a dependance... It may be small, but a dependancy.

Same will happen with the sweet bud...

Again, to each their own.  Admit it, there is a lotta down side to a doped up society.