Bringing in talent this Offseason

gjv001

Many pro football analysts and Bills fans are of the opinion that the current roster of O-linemen and Wide Receivers is lacking the talent to enable this year's offense to be productive enough so as to allow for a repeat performance to the playoffs. They seem to believe the Bills will address these weaknesses as the offseason continues. My concern is, when is it too late to bring in an O-linemen or WR and hope he can contribute this season.

If anything, they'll look at signing a camp casualty or two, or maybe poach from practice squads. But if any are brought in, they likely won't see the field until later in the season, if at all. The starting squad we have now will probably be what we go into the season with. 

Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat

1 hour ago, gjv001 said:

Many pro football analysts and Bills fans are of the opinion that the current roster of O-linemen and Wide Receivers is lacking the talent to enable this year's offense to be productive enough so as to allow for a repeat performance to the playoffs. They seem to believe the Bills will address these weaknesses as the offseason continues. My concern is, when is it too late to bring in an O-linemen or WR and hope he can contribute this season.

I wouldn't expect anything significant so your concern shouldn't be one at this point.  Players get brought in to every organization at different points and times during the season.  Some contribute and some don't - depends on the player(s) and the circumstances.

2018 season is for assessing the team to determine needs. I think they address both oline and adding play makers to the O. I believe the wr core has talent but may be missing one player to put them over the top. The O-line also may be overhauled next offseason as well with adding 2 new starters to both guard and tackle. Additionally I think they address oline depth. On D they will look to see if Vontae proves himself or not and earns an extension or if one of the younger guys steps up. I think they address LB depth and depending on draft spot will pick Kyle’s replacement. I think either Lawson or Hughes will be traded next offseason. If Hughes doesn’t improve his sack numbers with his contract I could see him on the way out.

Edited by mschifano
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, gjv001 said:

Never too late 

5 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

I’m not so sure that they are planning on bringing in anyone else. 

....agree.......way too early to know what we have before TC and pre-season......McBeane is a pretty savvy shopper and knows he has $85+ mil in the cookie jar for 2019.....

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

A 'one man band' might be a novelty.

Jeff Dunham for a halftime show?

Mimes?

Who doesn’t love a good mime? 

Wait...is there such a thing as a good mime? 

9 minutes ago, gr8billsfan said:

If we do not bring in any big name WR, are we screwed at the WR position?

I’d rather have talent than a big name. Big name WR’s are expensive, and are not always good. Talent wins football games. I’d love a great find! 

I don't see to many adds if any at all for the rest of this off-season...and not sure if any of those adds will be for the O-line...like some have said, they might wait until final cut week and look threw everyone's cuts...I see next year when they try to re-do the O-line threw FA and then draft heavy on defense...they should have somewhere from $80mil - $95mil to work with for FA next year...I'm not sure what the draft has for O-line in 2019 but I do know that there are some really good D-linemen in the next draft

6 hours ago, gjv001 said:

nope.

we are screwed.

not too soon to get miserable IMHO.

26 minutes ago, wppete said:

We have the money to bring in 1-2 decent players. I would like to see at WR and OL.

whom might you suggest though? We got Kerley and Bodine and Newhouse !!!
That should be more than enough to bolster the Offense ?

8 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

nope.

we are screwed.

not too soon to get miserable IMHO.

whom might you suggest though? We got Kerley and Bodine and Newhouse !!!
That should be more than enough to bolster the Offense ?

So....we are screwed and doomed to lose? But in the Super Bowl? 

I can live with that! 

?

7 minutes ago, Augie said:

So....we are screwed and doomed to lose? But in the Super Bowl? 

I can live with that! 

?

I watched Bills lose four SBs. My poor old heart may not be able to take another one. But heck, lets go for it anyways !!

Go Bills

i honestly feel like we have nothing to worry about.  I really don't think we ever really had that bad of a WR core.  It's more of a QB issue that makes our WRs look worse than they are.  And yes, a huge dent was put into our O-line this off season, but I firmly believe that we have guys that are ready to step up and fill that void.  It's all about heart.  and I think our guys have it.  They've tasted the playoffs and now they want that again.  No matter who is in the starting line up in week 1, McD is gonna pull the full potential out of our guys.

GO BILLS!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1