Sammy Watkins classes it up on his way out of LA

Rigotz

11 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Not on his rookie contract.  On what he ultimately got (or would get) paid.  Neither team wanted to pay that.  In fact, I bet the Bills could have re-signed him for less a year ago.  They passed.

No.  He was looking for a huge deal all along.

9 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

So the league generally thought the contract they themselves would offer Watkins was a "gross" overpayment? 

Your opinions fascinate me and I wish to subscribe to your news letter.

No, not the whole league--just the teams that he played for.   They knew for the money he was looking for--he simply wasn't worth  that much.  The Bills Could have had him for less than 16 million X 3.  And they still passed.  Is someone claiming Watkins, compared to the top WRs, is not being overpaid based on his production so far?  That 16 million a year with a backup QB with a single start entering his second year is good value?

Please sign up for my paid content!  I promised my overlords 100 subscribers and i only have between 3 and 4 so far....

I might have to do a guild end-around and start talking buyouts with the staff

11 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Now take the same logic and apply it to EJ Gaines and you'll arrive at one inevitable conclusion

That's easy.  The Browns got better value than the Chiefs.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

No.  He was looking for a huge deal all along.

Two years ago he would have settled for less than what KC just paid him.  He was coming off and injury.

Edited by Mr. WEO

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

That's easy.  The Browns got better value than the Chiefs.

You really do refuse to acknowledge the original talking point.  Frankly I'm surprised by that.

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

No, not the whole league--just the teams that he played for.   They knew for the money he was looking for--he simply wasn't worth  that much.  The Bills Could have had him for less than 16 million X 3.  And they still passed.  Is someone claiming Watkins, compared to the top WRs, is not being overpaid based on his production so far?  That 16 million a year with a backup QB with a single start entering his second year is good value?

Again, apply the same logic to EJ Gaines and tell me your conclusion about which of the two is considered by the league to be the better player (which, I'll note for at least the 3rd time in this thread, was the original point with which I took exception)

4 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

You really do refuse to acknowledge the original talking point.  Frankly I'm surprised by that.

Again, apply the same logic to EJ Gaines and tell me your conclusion about which of the two is considered by the league to be the better player (which, I'll note for at least the 3rd time in this thread, was the original point with which I took exception)

I tried to help you by asking you to consider in terms of value. 

Other than the Bills and the Rams (the teams that have actually played Sammy), the Browns are another team that didn't want to pay for Sammy.  They didn't think he was good enough for that money.  No?

4 minutes ago, teef said:

are we letting sammy watkins tear us apart?

Just our toes.  And only for half the season.

We'll always have whirlpool time....and Instagram!

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Two years ago he would have settled for less than what KC just paid him.  He was coming off and injury.

He might have accepted less than $16M/year, but he had a 5th year option (that he figured he'd be getting) for $13.3M and wasn't going to accept an extension for less than that.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

I tried to help you by asking you to consider in terms of value. 

Other than the Bills and the Rams (the teams that have actually played Sammy), the Browns are another team that didn't want to pay for Sammy.  They didn't think he was good enough for that money.  No?

We've tried to get on the same page here, and clearly it isn't working.  I'll just let this one go, as I feel that I've made my point sufficiently.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Doc said:

He might have accepted less than $16M/year, but he had a 5th year option (that he figured he'd be getting) for $13.3M and wasn't going to accept an extension for less than that.

That's true.  Maybe 14 million.

20 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:
Sammy Watkins joined the Chiefs this offseason on a three-year, $48 million contract. Following organized team activities, Watkins said he's becoming a more complete receiver under Andy Reid's offense.

Saw that earlier.

If he's healthy he'll be really good there.

40 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:
Sammy Watkins joined the Chiefs this offseason on a three-year, $48 million contract. Following organized team activities, Watkins said he's becoming a more complete receiver under Andy Reid's offense.

Good news for Mahomes.  Every new QB without experience needs a solid 3rd option to throw to.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Good news for Mahomes.  Every new QB without experience needs a solid 3rd option to throw to.

Not what he was brought in for.  Your bias seems to have you making quite a few posts that are not rooted in any factual basis.  The beat goes on.

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Not what he was brought in for.  Your bias seems to have you making quite a few posts that are not rooted in any factual basis.  The beat goes on.

I'm just having a little fun, there.  Relax.  I'm sure the Bills and the Rams "brought in"  Sammy for the same reason, no?

Sammy saying he hasn't found a QB he had chemistry with, but Mahomes will be that guy because.....well, anyway, I thought it was a pretty bogus take by Sammy.  But, I guess what else can the guy say?  He finds himself on his 3rd team in 3 years.

Edited by Mr. WEO

22 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I'm just having a little fun, there.  Relax.  I'm sure the Bills and the Rams "brought in"  Sammy for the same reason, no?

Sammy saying he hasn't found a QB he had chemistry with, but Mahomes will be that guy because.....well, anyway, I thought it was a pretty bogus take by Sammy.  But, I guess what else can the guy say?  He finds himself on his 3rd team in 3 years.

And teams that have spent (or wasted) multiple picks to acquire have said he's not worth it.  

Sammy Watkins is a lot like Dwight Howard.

11 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

I like Sammy Watkins. Honestly, I have a soft spot for anybody who's worn a Bills uni, and hasn't soiled it. But, to your point, in another quote from his interview, he said, of Andy Reid, "I've got to learn the whole route tree. My standard that he wants, he's called me out in meetings, which that's what you need as a player, and I take full advantage of all those things."

That's deep. My biggest problem with the amount of draft capital that we spent on Watkins was that I wasn't sure his abilities, specifically YAC, were going to translate to the NFL, or the Bills team he was joining. Will Reid be the HC that finally knows how to use his elite talent?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

I like Sammy Watkins. Honestly, I have a soft spot for anybody who's worn a Bills uni, and hasn't soiled it. But, to your point, in another quote from his interview, he said, of Andy Reid, "I've got to learn the whole route tree. My standard that he wants, he's called me out in meetings, which that's what you need as a player, and I take full advantage of all those things."

That's deep. My biggest problem with the amount of draft capital that we spent on Watkins was that I wasn't sure his abilities, specifically YAC, were going to translate to the NFL, or the Bills team he was joining. Will Reid be the HC that finally knows how to use his elite talent?

Does a HC really have to dig that deep to use "elite talent"?

And, now on his third team, Sammy has realized "I've got to learn the whole route tree"? 

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Does a HC really have to dig that deep to use "elite talent"?

And, now on his third team, Sammy has realized "I've got to learn the whole route tree"? 

Overall the Sammy Watkins Saga has been exhausting to me. But I think he’s shown a tendency to be mind-numbingly unintelligent and that’s caused issues toward him reaching his potential in the EN EFF EL. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1