Prediction: Nathan Peterman Bills Starting QB Wk. 1 vs. Ravens

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

It is possible to improve and it looks like he has. I’m certainly not always right and never claimed to be.

I do have an issue with your passive aggressive approach. If you want to challenge people on their opinions, go for it. Don’t say this:

Can I say though, that it seems to me that there are a couple of posters here that have already made up their minds about him and it appears that their hubris dictates that they would rather be right about their opinion than have him improve for the betterment of the team.

If you have a problem with someone’s opinion  address it. Questioning that anyone here, wants anything other than what is best for the Bills is absurd. I have posted 21,547 times in 5 1/2 years on this board. Do you really think that I’d rather be right than the team succeed?!?

Passive aggressive... give me a break...

You are hardly the only person in this thread to have criticised him... so in making a general comment I need to address everybody individually?

Seems you are a touch sensitive...

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

Passive aggressive... give me a break...

You are hardly the only person in this thread to have criticised him... so in making a general comment I need to address everybody individually?

Seems you are a touch sensitive...

I’m certainly not alone in this or sensitive. You made the suggestion that “those don’t think he is good would rather be right than the Bills succeed.” That’s what I called you on. That is a ridiculous assertion. Everyone here wants what’s best for the Bills. We can still have opinions on players. That’s what the message board is for. 

36 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m assuming that I am one of those posters that you are referring to? Yes, I have made up my mind that he will never be a good NFL QB. If I’m wrong, I’m wrong but I’ve seen enough to believe that I will be right. I hope he turns into Aaron Rodgers. I just don’t see it. I don’t care to be right. I care that the Bills win. 

Most all of us assumed it was understood.about your character , that is.
That's what an opinion is. educated or uneducated.
The end game is why we are Fans and Family.

Go Bills 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t have Allen way behind a guy that has been picked in 6 of his 52 pass attempts or a guy with less than a handful of starts. Experience isn’t a factor at all in this qb battle. Allen’s development is the only consideration. They are trying to set him up to succeed. If he isn’t ready day 1 he won’t play. If he isn’t ready week 14, he won’t play. If he is ready week 1, he will play. If he is ready week 14, he will play. That is the entire plan. Put Allen in position to succeed and let everything else fall into place. 

One would hope the plan is to have (any) QB succeed.  

That success includes having 3 pocket passers and not some hybrid that takes away from the overall game plan.  

4 snaps with the ones today doesn’t look like he’s being groomed immediately (meaning) starting day 1.  

5 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s part of the reason that the Bills didn’t chase Keemun, Cousins or even keep Tyrod. They wanted a clear path for their guy, Allen.

I agree except with "Allen".  They did not know when they traded Tyrod that they would get Allen.  

They wanted a clear path for their guy,  a freshly picked QB with a lower salary cap number.

30 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...regardless, I'd be comfortable if the initial pecking order was:

1. McCarron
2. Allen
3. Peterman (PS)

...don't see a need just yet to rush the Allen kid....despite OBD historically being the "Mecca of QB Evaluation & Development", the new gang from FO to Admin to between the stripes know their stuff IMO...pace the kid's growth and development.....think that the McCarron kid proves to be able and the Peterman continues to surprise with his development(PS)...when is the last time we have had this kind of POTENTIAL QB depth?.....

Why did you make him back up then , me wonderith ?
if you are developing Allen and keeping 3. he is #3 and holding the clipboard i hope.

till at least mid season lol

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m certainly not alone in this or sensitive. You made the suggestion that “those don’t think he is good would rather be right than the Bills succeed.” That’s what I called you on. That is a ridiculous assertion. Everyone here wants what’s best for the Bills. We can still have opinions on players. That’s what the message board is for. 

FWIW  you do tend to get touchy at times (as do many of us)

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Well, that's my opinion and for the record I am not only addressing your good self...

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

One would hope the plan is to have (any) QB succeed.  

That success includes having 3 pocket passers and not some hybrid that takes away from the overall game plan.  

4 snaps with the ones today doesn’t look like he’s being groomed immediately (meaning) starting day 1.  

I would rather have Taylor than Peterman and McCarron if that’s what you are saying (which we all know it is). I want the best QBs. 

In in terms of Allen’s development they have a plan. The plan isn’t to let 3 guys battle it out forever. They invested A TON in Allen. He is the highest QB that the Bills have ever drafted. The plan is to toss him the keys when he’s ready. I don’t know how anyone sees this any other way? 

McCarron and Peterman are sacrificial lambs for lack of a better term. They are there to keep the seat warm until he is ready. This isn’t about their development or getting them ready. If they can play it’s a bonus and potentially they can be traded. Their development though is such a secondary factor. Allen’s development will make or break this regime and the next decade.

• Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They aren’t cutting McCarron. If anything, he gets traded. 

I could see that. If we could get a 7th for Cassel we could get something for McCarron too. If we traded him that would save us $1 million in cap space this year and $5 million next year. By all accounts none of the QBs have been outright bad so far. So it is conceivable that we trade McCarron and start Peterman until Allen is ready to take over. I am not suggesting that Peterman has a good shot of turning into our franchise QB, merely that he has a good shot of beating out McCarron for the bridge starter/future backup. That would be the best possible scenario.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I agree except with "Allen".  They did not know when they traded Tyrod that they would get Allen.  

They wanted a clear path for their guy,  a freshly picked QB with a lower salary cap number.

I think Bills were going for it . Who they truly wanted may never be known. or did they take an approach of being able to Coach up a couple guys and take the best shot while being business savvy ?

Just a hunch ?

I think they got their Guy.

McCarron was an easy and smart pickup you cannot so no to, and i am sure they had scouted him plenty well before

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think so. He grew a lot last year IMO. McDermott is going to end up being a good coach. He gave Rico what he asked for and held him accountable. He also took the bullet instead of throwing him under the bus like Colangelo did with his wife.

But also while it was Rico's decision Sean McDermott wouldn't have been human if he wasn't asking himself "can I really tie myself to this guy?" after the way Tyrod played against the Saints. They drafted the kid and it was inevitable at some point last year if the chance presented they were going to want to see him play. In that 24 hours after the Saints game McDermott will have been questioning everything. Two horror shows back to back and a season on the brink. Maybe he acted impulsively in giving Dennison what he wanted (and I talked about Dennison and coaching scheme arrogance as far back as last August when debating whether Yates would make the squad) but he also acted as a man who had realised by that point that Tyrod could never be the guy. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I would rather have Taylor than Peterman and McCarron if that’s what you are saying (which we all know it is). I want the best QBs. 

In in terms of Allen’s development they have a plan. The plan isn’t to let 3 guys battle it out forever. They invested A TON in Allen. He is the highest QB that the Bills have ever drafted. The plan is to toss him the keys when he’s ready. I don’t know how anyone sees this any other way? 

McCarron and Peterman are sacrificial lambs for lack of a better term. They are there to keep the seat warm until he is ready. This isn’t about their development or getting them ready. If they can play it’s a bonus and potentially they can be traded. Their development though is such a secondary factor. Allen’s development will make or break this regime and the next decade.

yes and not yes.
Their development is also key to any success for  a couple reasons. They paid good money and they drafted one. Need solid return on investment regardless of ceiling.
One of these guys needs to be the best backup QB ever. You develop all your players to there limit. its in the Teams best interest

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

So you do believe someone that has posted nearly 22,000 times in 5 years doesn’t care about the team’s success? Good take...

since we are racing for the title.....

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

Don't be so passive aggressive..

Please : )

dont tell me what to do !

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

But also while it was Rico's decision Sean McDermott wouldn't have been human if he wasn't asking himself "can I really tie myself to this guy?" after the way Tyrod played against the Saints. They drafted the kid and it was inevitable at some point last year if the chance presented they were going to want to see him play. In that 24 hours after the Saints game McDermott will have been questioning everything. Two horror shows back to back and a season on the brink. Maybe he acted impulsively in giving Dennison what he wanted (and I talked about Dennison and coaching scheme arrogance as far back as last August when debating whether Yates would make the squad) but he also acted as a man who had realised by that point that Tyrod could never be the guy. 

I don’t think that the plan was ever to marry Tyrod. Peterman in the playoff hunt though was never going to give them a better chance to win. Tyrod was here until they got “their” guy.

FWIW, I loved the Bills approach to QB this offseason (even if Allen wasn’t my choice).