Prediction: Nathan Peterman Bills Starting QB Wk. 1 vs. Ravens

10 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

Having experience gives an advantage to the experienced QB over the inexperienced QB. 

If Allen doesn't look ready, it'll likely be because he isn't ready, due to lack of experience.

I don't think Allen will show that he's ready to be handed the reins this early on and I believe Nathan Peterman has a very good chance coming out of this thing being the guy better suited to lead the offense due to off-season development and improved play.

I already suggested that it's Allen's job to lose when he shows that he's ready to take over as starter...but not before then.

It won’t have anything to do with experience. Getting picked 6 times in 52 passes isn’t a check in the experience column. It raises a simple concern, “maybe this guy can’t play at this level?” Playing and sucking isn’t an advantage. If Allen isn’t ready it will be because his lower body mechanics or grasp of the offense aren’t there. Experience isn’t playing any role in this QB competition. The Bills don’t have QB experience. It is 100% based on Allen’s preparedness and nothing else. 

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It won’t have anything to do with experience. Getting picked 6 times in 52 passes isn’t a check in the experience column. It raises a simple concern, “maybe this guy can’t play at this level?” Playing and sucking isn’t an advantage. If Allen isn’t ready it will be because his lower body mechanics or grasp of the offense aren’t there. Experience isn’t playing any role in this QB competition. The Bills don’t have QB experience. It is 100% based on Allen’s preparedness and nothing else. 

This in a nutshell is the right answer.

8 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

And your thought is that he should continue to not get experience to remedy this? To be clear, if Allen started week 1 he would be our most experienced QB by week 5.

If Peterman performs best you start Peterman. 

You don't get Allen experience at the expense of the team if he looks every bit the rookie, with guys ahead of him that can lead the offense right now.

You continue to bring him along patiently as Daboll and McDermott seem content with doing until they feel he's up.

13 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It's all about development.

Peterman has a full NFL season under his belt that he actually played in, could learn and develop from.

And he's looking good in the off-season so far.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BurpleBull said:

Yeah I know, because one was drafted in the 1st rd. and one wasn't right?

If the Bills were to offer up both Shaq and Peterman on the market  ,  what would they get?   For Shaq,  probably a mid-round pick at least?   For Peterman,  maybe a box of half eaten chocolates?

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

Peterman has a full NFL season under his belt that he actually played in, could learn and develop from.

He took 52 passes in NFL games and got picked 6 times.  He didn't PLAY a full NFL season.  By that measure, AJ McCarron has been in the league 4 years, so that would constitute 4 years experience to Peterman's 1.  It's dumb logic like this that really doesn't pass any reasonable litmus test.  All three QB's have looked fine in OTA's, which basically means nothing.  Your continuous reach for the trash is hilarious.

32 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

...and so it begins 

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/206321-josh-allen-to-start-getting-some-1st-team-reps/

3 minutes ago, Luxy312 said:

He took 52 passes in NFL games and got picked 6 times.  He didn't PLAY a full NFL season.  By that measure, AJ McCarron has been in the league 4 years, so that would constitute 4 years experience to Peterman's 1.  It's dumb logic like this that really doesn't pass any reasonable litmus test.  All three QB's have looked fine in OTA's, which basically means nothing.  Your continuous reach for the trash is hilarious.

I didn't say he played a full NFL season though I'm sure he still gained something  positive each and every week he took part in team activities.

He gained experience having played in meaningful games as a rookie.

1 minute ago, BurpleBull said:

I didn't say he played a full NFL season though I'm sure he still gained something  positive each and every week he took part in team activities.

He gained experience having played in meaningful games as a rookie.

So McCarron is 4X as qualified to start as Peterman.  Got it.

9 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It won't be long until Peterman is with the practice squad.

8 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yep...it's all about development. 

That's why I don't know why you continue to harp on Peterman's rookie INTS instead of moving forward and acknowledging the improvement he's displayed this off-season.

That's Daboll's plan for Allen's development and it seems like a solid plan to gradually integrate in with the starters.

The move doesn't negatw what Peterman has shown.

The guy best suited for the job will win. They're testing them all out.

13 minutes ago, Luxy312 said:

So McCarron is 4X as qualified to start as Peterman.  Got it.

It won't be long until Peterman is with the practice squad.

If you say so.

The better QB will win. 

Both McCarron and Peterman have played in regular season games that Josh Allen has yet to. 

They have the advantage over Allen in the experience department...which goes a long way.

20 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

Yep...it's all about development. 

That's why I don't know why you continue to harp on Peterman's rookie INTS instead of moving forward and acknowledging the improvement he's displayed this off-season.

That's Daboll's plan for Allen's development and it seems like a solid plan to gradually integrate in with the starters.

The move doesn't negatw what Peterman has shown.

The guy best suited for the job will win. They're testing them all out.

No, Josh Allen will be given the job as soon as he is ready. This is where the disagreement is. The Bills aren’t “trying out 3 guys to see who their guy will be.” They invested HEAVILY in a guy and have staked their careers on it. They aren’t testing them all out!! They are waiting for Allen to be ready. Those 2 things are very, very different.

8 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

If you say so.

The better QB will win. 

Both McCarron and Peterman have played in regular season games that Josh Allen has yet to. 

They have the advantage over Allen in the experience department...which goes a long way.

Getting picked 6 times in 52 attempts isn’t better than zero attempts.

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

No, Josh Allen will be given the job as soon as he is ready. This is where the disagreement is. The Bills aren’t “trying out 3 guys to see who their guy will be.” They invested HEAVILY in a guy and have staked their careers on it. They aren’t testing them all out!! They are waiting for Allen to be ready. Those 2 things are very, very different.

Getting picked 6 times in 52 attempts isn’t better than zero attempts.

Kirby....might need to start getting ready to see Peterman week 1.

Half joking here since it's early but I went from "no way he starts week 1" to "wow....it might actually happen".