Josh Allen to start getting some 1st team reps

That's good, but if he starts the season as the 3rd string QB i still won't be upset.  Goff was the 3rd stringer his rookie year for half the season.   It's not unusual to bring a guy along slowly.   Derek Carr went 0-10 his first 10 starts as a rookie.     I don't expect him to come out gang busters.    

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Soda Popinski said:

That's good, but if he starts the season as the 3rd string QB i still won't be upset.  Goff was the 3rd stringer his rookie year for half the season.   It's not unusual to bring a guy along slowly.   Derek Carr went 0-10 his first 10 starts as a rookie.     I don't expect him to come out gang busters.    

He said he will mostly stay with 3rd team this week by design of his development plan but they will starting mixing him in with the starters. Good plan imo. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

He said he will mostly stay with 3rd team this week by design of his development plan but they will starting mixing him in with the starters. Good plan imo. 

I believe Beane/McD/Daboll have a collective plan set up for Allen's development, and I believe they had it in place before they drafted him or any QB.  I expect them to stick to it unless something crazy happens.    Glad he's earning some reps with the 1s.   

4 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

Goff was actually only the 3rd stringer for 1 week. Then he was the #2 for half a season before he got in.  

This was always the plan.  He will be our starter week 1, I am more and more and more convinced of it.  

• Like (+1) 3

I don’t have anything against McCarron or even Peterman tbh, just want best Qb to play. But I have found myself rooting for Allen to win the job. Only if he’s the best one, of course, but I guess I’m just hoping that he beats them out. 

• Like (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I thought he was 3rd string longer, i stand corrected. 

He passed Mannion on the depth chart for week 2 if my memory serves...

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t have anything against McCarron or even Peterman tbh, just want best Qb to play. But I have found myself rooting for Allen to win the job. Only if he’s the best one, of course, but I guess I’m just hoping that he beats them out. 

Same. I was far from an Allen fan during the draft process and have my doubts... but I just feel like beating these two out is not the biggest ask in the world and if he isn't able to I would be slightly worried.  Wouldn't be writing him off but would have concerns.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

He passed Mannion on the depth chart for week 2 if my memory serves...

He played pretty terrible when he did get in.  Then this year, with the new HC, some decent WRs, holy hell what a difference.   Even the first game of the season he was murdering it.    I'm hoping Allen can develop like that.   I actually thought Goff was going to bust after that rookie year, he was turrible.  

He played pretty terrible when he did get in.  Then this year, with the new HC, some decent WRs, holy hell what a difference.   Even the first game of the season he was murdering it.    I'm hoping Allen can develop like that.   I actually thought Goff was going to bust after that rookie year, he was turrible.  

I am a bit out on a limb on this I know but I went back at the end of their rookie seasons and did a deep dive into Goff and Wentz's tape and I thought they were a lot closer on tape than the public perception. Wentz was still better but the perception at the end of their rookie year was Went is a star, Goff is a bust and I didn't think that was the tale the tape told. Yes Goff had some horrible moments but he had some real moments of poise too where he made excellent tight window throws that are conducive to NFL success.  I said on this forum before last season people were being too quick to write Goff off.  Yes he needed upgrades all around him but he got them and he looked much better.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I am a bit out on a limb on this I know but I went back at the end of their rookie seasons and did a deep dive into Goff and Wentz's tape and I thought they were a lot closer on tape than the public perception. Wentz was still better but the perception at the end of their rookie year was Went is a star, Goff is a bust and I didn't think that was the tale the tape told. Yes Goff had some horrible moments but he had some real moments of poise too where he made excellent tight window throws that are conducive to NFL success.  I said on this forum before last season people were being too quick to write Goff off.  Yes he needed upgrades all around him but he got them and he looked much better.

I think upgrading the coaching staff had a significant impact on him as well.  But I wouldn't have bet you 20 bucks on him having the year he did.    The NFCW is getting tougher.   LA looks good.    

Woah this news is huge!!!!  

I can’t decide to overreact to this right now or to the coming reports of each and every report on each throw he makes?  ?

1 minute ago, H2o said:

I want to see how Allen looks against our starting unit in the Secondary.

I expect picks.  They’re good and he’s a rookie