[Incomplete Title] Sabres (21-12-5) & NHL 2018-19 - Game 39 (MSG-B) vs. BOS (20-14-4) at 7 PM ET on 12/29

2 hours ago, GG said:

Will he be able to play by then ?

Housley said he would know more tomorrow (thurs).

He said he was still expecting/hoping it was a day to day thing, but housley hasn’t exactly been known for giving an accurate injury timeline. 

Sure hope he doesnt miss any significant amount of time. Sabres are in trouble if he does. 

5 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

They need to make the playoffs. 

Nothing I want more than a Leafs/Sabres first round matchup.

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

Holy **** on a shingle, both Canada and Sweden eliminated in the World Juniors. 

It’s practically the only thing we have a hope of winning in sports.....  :(

https://nhl.nbcsports.com/2019/01/02/backstrom-kopitar-laine-skinner-highlight-nhl-all-star-last-men-in-vote/

Jeff Skinner is part of a new “last men in” all star vote, giving fans one last chance to vote in an all star snub.

Voting opens tomorrow at noon and goes till Jan. 10th. 

3 hours ago, K-9 said:

Holy **** on a shingle, both Canada and Sweden eliminated in the World Juniors. 

You can vote 10x (easiest to just do it in a row) every 24hrs. Voting goes till the 10th. 

13 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Housley said he would know more tomorrow (thurs).

He said he was still expecting/hoping it was a day to day thing, but housley hasn’t exactly been known for giving an accurate injury timeline. 

Sure hope he doesnt miss any significant amount of time. Sabres are in trouble if he does. 

https://wgr550.radio.com/articles/news/sabres-eichel-miss-least-two-games

update -

Eichel to miss at least the next 2 games with what is termed as a day-to-day injury. 

Jack Eichel will miss his first game this season with an upper-body injury. Phil Housley said, “After further evaluation Jack is day-to-day. At this point he will not play tonight or the next game, but we’re going to re-evaluate that early next week.

“We want to be cautious with it too as well. There’s a lot of hockey to be played.”

45 minutes ago, shrader said:

It'll be funny thinking about people wasting their time with those votes, thinking they can actually stop the Toronto machine.

The Toronto machine has a habit of stopping itself.

:lol:

Not Sabre related but curious what the opinion is on this. Obviously, my perspective is skewed but I think this was a totally bush league play. imho the hit was significantly late. Worse than that what exactly is the motive when you are ahead by 3 with 20 something seconds left. Kid now is out with a concussion. Nice work dipshite. Teams play again Feb 7. Should be interesting.

Edited by Dante

Bogosian has a story about Eichel. Last holidays, a few Sabres players were visiting children at Roswell Park, the cancer treatment facility located two miles north of KeyBank Center. While there, Eichel struck up a relationship with a boy, maybe 12 years old. Eichel asked what he wanted for Christmas. PlayStation VR, the boy replied.

A few days later, Eichel was shopping for some family members at Best Buy and came across the virtual reality system. He bought it, returned to the hospital, and presented it to the boy.

“Him being him, there’s going to be cameras everywhere,” Bogosian says. “But there’s a lot of stuff he does behind the scenes that I don’t even know about. And if he gets by me, that’s pretty impressive.”

Edited by BillsFan4