My Super Sleeper pick to make the roster

Is Division 2 Fullback Zach Olstad... He is young, fast, cheap and a hard worker

The ONLY Bills tryout attendee out of around 30 to get a contract. He could bring some speed, toughness and athleticism to the FB spot

A versatile FB can actually be huge for our running and even passing offense if He can keep a defense honest out of the backfield sometimes 

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.wkbw.com/2611896372/zach-olstad-bus-mechanic-turned-buffalo-bills-fullback.html

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Is Division 2 Fullback Zach Olstad... He is young, fast, cheap and a hard worker

The ONLY Bills tryout attendee out of around 30 to get a contract. He could bring some speed, toughness and athleticism to the FB spot

A versatile FB can actually be huge for our running and even passing offense if He can keep a defense honest out of the backfield sometimes 

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.wkbw.com/2611896372/zach-olstad-bus-mechanic-turned-buffalo-bills-fullback.html

Count me in, as long as the last name isn't Tolbert.

Edited by Golden Goat
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Fixxxer said:

He's Richie Incognito playing FB. I see he likes finishing his blocks.

We will see in TC if he can make DiMarco expendable. 

I never understood a 4 year contract for a 28 year old Fullback with all that guaranteed money.

Especially one who can't run the ball at all.

If this Zach guy is as good or better, take the 3 million Dead Cap hit and move on from DiMarco.

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...perhaps too much is being made of the 'Bama/McDaboll & McBeane/McD/Carolina connections.........

I don't think there's too much being made of it with Foster/Daboll. I'd expect early on that a guy with knowledge of terminology should thrive.

We'll see if that carries on once everyone else is caught up sufficiently.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Being a D2 player doesn't make him cheaper.

No but getting a contract on an UDFA rookie OTA deal does 

3 year 1.7 million is a cheap deal for NFL standards

Edited by Buffalo716

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..mine would be the 'Bama WR Foster......

I'm on this bandwagon. We're stationed near Tuscaloosa (temporarily) and everyone who knows I'm a Bills fan has talked this kid up. He was a freshman when A.J. was a senior. That can't hurt.

• Like (+1) 2

My prediction is practice squad for Zach this year if he Is as good as you say. DiMarco’s not getting cut this year, cap situation. My dark horse call is Corey Thompson from LSU. UDFA that they brought in as one one their 30 pre draft visits. I envision a big nickel killer ST player this year ?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Paul Costa said:

My prediction is practice squad for Zach this year if he Is as good as you say. DiMarco’s not getting cut this year, cap situation. My dark horse call is Corey Thompson from LSU. UDFA that they brought in as one one their 30 pre draft visits. I envision a big nickel killer ST player this year ?

Certainly couldn’t hurt to spend a year seasoning on the PS. Work on the nuances of the position and come out full tilt in 2019

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

If he’s as good as his highlights, McCoy and Ivory will be happy guys, but always skeptical of highlight reels, and don’t know the guy, so will take you word on it.

4 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

It’s always tough to project how a small school guy will translate to the NFL but at a position like FB, if he can keep his intensity, and block finishing abilities while becoming NFL strong he has a great shot 

He is good out of the backfield as well