California (again)

...California?....look what we have ourselves here in NYS with Big Fredo..........the only skank in NYS Government without an email address so nothing is in writing.....the "NYS Political Hall of Fame" includes, Guido, Silver, Bruno, Carpetbagger Hillary, Photo Op Chuckie, Spitzer, Schneiderman, Anthony the Wiener et al...Impressive right?............

Published 3 hours ago

Cuomo vetoes bill letting all judges officiate weddings – because some were Trump-appointed

So much for reaching across the aisle.

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo just vetoed a bill that would have allowed all federal judges to officiate at weddings in New York — saying he can’t stomach the idea that even some of the jurists might be President Trump appointees.

“I cannot in good conscience support legislation that would authorize such actions by federal judges who are appointed by this federal administration,” Cuomo said in a statement Friday as he shot down the bill — which was passed overwhelmingly by the Democratic-controlled state legislature.

“President Trump does not embody who we are as New Yorkers,’’ the Democratic governor said. “The cornerstones that built our great state are diversity, tolerance, and inclusion. Based on these reasons, I must veto this bill.”

Under current New York law, all state judges can preside over weddings in their official capacity — as can the governor, mayors, former mayors, some city and deputy city clerks, local justices, clergy members and any member of the public ordained especially for the occasion.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cuomo-vetoes-bill-letting-all-judges-officiate-weddings-because-some-were-trump-appointed

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...California?....look what we have ourselves here in NYS with Big Fredo..........the only skank in NYS Government without an email address so nothing is in writing.....the "NYS Political Hall of Fame" includes, Guido, Silver, Bruno, Carpetbagger Hillary, Photo Op Chuckie, Spitzer, Schneiderman, Anthony the Wiener et al...Impressive right?............

Published 3 hours ago

Cuomo vetoes bill letting all judges officiate weddings – because some were Trump-appointed

So much for reaching across the aisle.

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo just vetoed a bill that would have allowed all federal judges to officiate at weddings in New York — saying he can’t stomach the idea that even some of the jurists might be President Trump appointees.

“I cannot in good conscience support legislation that would authorize such actions by federal judges who are appointed by this federal administration,” Cuomo said in a statement Friday as he shot down the bill — which was passed overwhelmingly by the Democratic-controlled state legislature.

“President Trump does not embody who we are as New Yorkers,’’ the Democratic governor said. “The cornerstones that built our great state are diversity, tolerance, and inclusion. Based on these reasons, I must veto this bill.”

Under current New York law, all state judges can preside over weddings in their official capacity — as can the governor, mayors, former mayors, some city and deputy city clerks, local justices, clergy members and any member of the public ordained especially for the occasion.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cuomo-vetoes-bill-letting-all-judges-officiate-weddings-because-some-were-trump-appointed

Can't a veto be overridden in NYS?

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

Can't a veto be overridden in NYS?

...will have to check......but he is a ruthless SOB.....remember when Bflo got hit with the 86" snowstorm, shutting down I-90 from Bflo to PA line?...a Thruway Authority official came out with critical statements about Guido.....according to my NYSDOT friends, he conveniently lost his job within days......

2 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

It bugs me to think that business owners there find their only option is to pay higher taxes so the city can clean up the schitt on a more regular basis.

What a mess. 

i'm thinkin' of the, It's a Wonderful Life' scene where George is presented with how Bedford Falls (Seneca Falls) would have progressed had he never lived. i'm thinkin' Pelosiville and the like would have fared much better had they not fallen into the Dems clutches.

• Like (+1) 1

dun, dun.... dunnnnnnnnnnnnnn. Cali strikes yet again.

https://twitter.com/AndrewPollackFL/status/1210596428009164800

i'll let you read the article to find out what the reasoning behind it is...

California public schools can’t suspend students for disobeying teachers, new law says

SACRAMENTO (KRON) — New laws taking effect in 2020 will impact schools across California.

Starting next school year, it will be illegal for public schools in the state to suspend students in first through fifth grade for willfully defying teachers or administrators.

Then, from 2021 through 2025, it will be temporarily extended to kids in grades six through eight. ...

• Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I don't think this was produced by the San Francisco tourism bureau:

I spent four days there over Christmas.   I’ve been going there for nearly 40 years and I’m surprised how people talk like this is something new there.  Yes it’s gotten worse but it’s always been a mess. 

On 12/26/2019 at 5:48 PM, IDBillzFan said:

It bugs me to think that business owners there find their only option is to pay higher taxes so the city can clean up the schitt on a more regular basis.

What a mess. 

When considering vacation destinations, we always check Trivago reviews for locations the steam clean the $#@& off sidewalks weekly v monthly.  It’s just way more classy. 

I visited SF 15-20 years ago. I have a buddy who grew up in the city, parents house overlooked the bay with Alcatraz in the distance.  He always said it was one of the most beautiful cities in the world and I couldn’t argue. It’s unbelievable what people will allow from their elected leaders. 

2 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

When considering vacation destinations, we always check Trivago reviews for locations the steam clean the $#@& off sidewalks weekly v monthly.  It’s just way more classy. 

I visited SF 15-20 years ago. I have a buddy who grew up in the city, parents house overlooked the bay with Alcatraz in the distance.  He always said it was one of the most beautiful cities in the world and I couldn’t argue. It’s unbelievable what people will allow from their elected leaders. 

I think if people in the Bay area understood why they have these elected officials, there might be more of an outcry. As it stands now, it's pretty much out of their control. They've managed to drive every major city, county and state election through ballot harvesting.

In the last year alone they've turned a reliably red OC completely blue. And I mean completely blue in every nook and cranny. Subsequently they have a super majority in the Sacramento. Which means they can, and will, do whatever the hell they please.

But hey...what a view! Just spectacular.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, B-Man said:

I honestly thought the point of that legislation was to facilitate putting goods in the hands of the poor by allowing them to take what they wanted without paying.  

How in the hell is CA surprised by this?

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, B-Man said:

CA has 52 representatives in Congress, of which seven are Republican.

Soon to be six, no doubt.

...well ther goes his political career....speaking the truth is a travesty today.............

CA mayor on exodus from blue states: 'I can't blame them'

By Julia Musto | Fox News

A mass exodus of hundreds of thousands of residents in blue states was to be expected because of their extremely high cost of living, Laguna Hills, Calif., Mayor Don Sedgwick said Tuesday.

Appearing on "Fox & Friends" with hosts Griff Jenkins and Dean Cain, Sedgwick said that "it's just too darn expensive" to live in densely populated states like California and New York.

"And, the Democrat liberal policies have contributed to that," he said.

Recent U.S. Census Bureau data shows the South is seeing its biggest surge ever, with over a million residents pouring into states like Texas, Florida and the Carolinas.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/california-mayor-blue-state-exodus

• Like (+1) 1

Hey - I’m a former buffalonian who’s lived in the Bay Area 30 years. Stop painting such a horrid picture when you have no idea what it’s like here va there. It’s not all rosy but we have great food and I can still watch the bills with ex buffalonians who are far more awoken than post of you posters

• Haha (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, SJ Bills backer said:

Hey - I’m a former buffalonian who’s lived in the Bay Area 30 years. Stop painting such a horrid picture when you have no idea what it’s like here va there. It’s not all rosy but we have great food and I can still watch the bills with ex buffalonians who are far more awoken than post of you posters

umm...... how is it that we can paint such a horrid picture with... pictures?

47 minutes ago, SJ Bills backer said:

I lived in CA for 30 years, doing business in the Bay area for 25 of them. There will forever be nice parts of CA because not even its supermajority can screw up a good view.

A lot of people mock CA, but you're absolutely right. You can get great food there. And when you're done with dinner, you can walk into the local grocery store and just take a dump in the aisle without having to pay for the toilet paper.

That's being woke.

• Haha (+1) 4

42 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I lived in CA for 30 years, doing business in the Bay area for 25 of them. There will forever be nice parts of CA because not even its supermajority can screw up a good view.

A lot of people mock CA, but you're absolutely right. You can get great food there. And when you're done with dinner, you can walk into the local grocery store and just take a dump in the aisle without having to pay for the toilet paper.

That's being woke.

Wow - I’d say you crapped the bed on this post

1 hour ago, SJ Bills backer said:

California was beautiful when I visited a couple decades ago.  Loved it, though I had no desire to relocate, I certainly planned on visiting again.  

Much of what has been posted of late seems to be supported by links, no?   The mayor of a town in Cali says x. The city of SF is surcharging residents and shops owners to beautify the streets by removing the crap weekly as opposed to the more traditional once per month $#it-steam cleaning. The links suggest a declining population and a rise in homelessness.  It’s great that the food is good, but I get good food most of the places I travel.  It’s great that you can watch the Bills with other fans, but again, that’s pretty much a thing everywhere.  

I don’t really see it as Cali v NY, but your perception seems to be that posters here are $#&ting on the Bay Area.  Perhaps your energy might better be directed at...well, the people who are quite literally $#&ting on San Fran, or the people who might stop it? 

• Like (+1) 6

2 hours ago, SJ Bills backer said:

Wow - I’d say you crapped the bed on this post

The bed-crapping started the moment you assumed no one on this part of the message board has any idea what it's like there. You're wrong.

In fact, I go back and forth with @Chef Jim , who lived in Oakland before returning to SoCal, because while he understands the problems with CA, it's completely worth every penny for him to live there. And that's great. But ask him if he'd move back to Oakland.

Alternately, I own a small software firm, and the cost to do business in CA as a small company was just ridiculous. And that doesn't even take into consideration my personal taxes, and property taxes. So I made a conscious decision two years ago to begin the exit plan, and left the state in May. 

Best move I've ever made, and kick myself for not making is sooner.

You're welcome to dismiss people who piss on CA, but do yourself a favor and stop pretending like you're the only one who sees the real CA. When you pretend you're the smartest person on a subject, you can count on a lot of us to correct that ridiculous thinking.

• Like (+1) 3

My brother did some teaching at one of the UC campuses in Northern California about 15 years ago. 

We're from the Rust Belt, so the best way to describe his politics would be like a John Kasich Rockefeller Republican type.  Moderate Left would consider him to be to the Right of center.  Moderate Right would consider him Left of center.  Trumpsters would call him a Liberal and SJW would call him Literally Hitler.

Anyway, dude loved it out there.  The culture, the history, the architecture, and the landscape.  If he had been offered tenure he would have taken it.  But like most college professors he bounced around a few schools until he found a home.

He went back two years ago and it's not what he remembered.  There's always bad parts of town and places you don't really want to go, but its like everywhere now

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

The bed-crapping started the moment you assumed no one on this part of the message board has any idea what it's like there. You're wrong.

In fact, I go back and forth with @Chef Jim , who lived in Oakland before returning to SoCal, because while he understands the problems with CA, it's completely worth every penny for him to live there. And that's great. But ask him if he'd move back to Oakland.

Alternately, I own a small software firm, and the cost to do business in CA as a small company was just ridiculous. And that doesn't even take into consideration my personal taxes, and property taxes. So I made a conscious decision two years ago to begin the exit plan, and left the state in May. 

Best move I've ever made, and kick myself for not making is sooner.

You're welcome to dismiss people who piss on CA, but do yourself a favor and stop pretending like you're the only one who sees the real CA. When you pretend you're the smartest person on a subject, you can count on a lot of us to correct that ridiculous thinking.

@SJ Bills backer: Little hint...

image.thumb.png.607cc47cabae4ef7bd329efe1fe160e9.png

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, B-Man said:

The problem with these stats is they don't include the illegals and homeless that have come to replace the leavers.

17 hours ago, SJ Bills backer said:

I was up in San Francisco for Christmas and I know all too well what it’s like up there. And I was shocked that it’s gotten worse.  Not so much the City. The City has been a shithole forever.  But the East Bay has spiraled so far down it hurts. When I saw tents in a green belt I was shocked. So glad I’m no longer there and back in OC. 

Woke?  WTF does that even mean?  You folks ain’t woke. You’re sound asleep. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I was up in San Francisco for Christmas and I know all too well what it’s like up there. And I was shocked that it’s gotten worse.  Not so much the City. The City has been a shithole forever.  But the East Bay has spiraled so far down it hurts. When I saw tents in a green belt I was shocked. So glad I’m no longer there and back in OC. 

Woke?  WTF does that even mean?  You folks ain’t woke. You’re sound asleep. 

...sure hope you and the wife arrived back home healthy after your last trip there......:thumbsup:

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...sure hope you and the wife arrived back home healthy after your last trip there......:thumbsup:

We did thanks. I think this is in reference to my wife becoming deathly ill when we first moved there. And we both contracted MRSA when we moved there.  Seriously??

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

We did thanks. I think this is in reference to my wife becoming deathly ill when we first moved there. And we both contracted MRSA when we moved there.  Seriously??

...my apology.....I thought she had developed the serious lung issues on the last trip...........

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...my apology.....I thought she had developed the serious lung issues on the last trip...........

No that was when we moved there in 2009. Lung issue AND MRSA. It was ***** horrible. 

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

No that was when we moved there in 2009. Lung issue AND MRSA. It was ***** horrible. 

..thank God you came out of it....MRSA is nasty stuff.......my son's buddy recently relocated to Orlando........got it by some bug and contracted MRSA......they cut away a 4" x 4" section of his arm, in the middle of his favorite tattoo...he's an ex-Marine who thought it was nothing (actually enlisted and bulked up so much, they sent him home to reduce; he was massive).....extended hospital stay....mega IV antibiotics....two months hence and he is still having major issues.....back in the hospital...

10 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..thank God you came out of it....MRSA is nasty stuff.......my son's buddy recently relocated to Orlando........got it by some bug and contracted MRSA......they cut away a 4" x 4" section of his arm, in the middle of his favorite tattoo...he's an ex-Marine who thought it was nothing (actually enlisted and bulked up so much, they sent him home to reduce; he was massive).....extended hospital stay....mega IV antibiotics....two months hence and he is still having major issues.....back in the hospital...

I was on a company trip in Boston. It was painful and I called a doctor to come to my hotel and lance and drain it. When he told me how much it would cost I did it myself.  Not the wisest of ideas but it worked.  It was the hardest thing holding my wife’s hand back in SF when the did hers. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

I was on a company trip in Boston. It was painful and I called a doctor to come to my hotel and lance and drain it. When he told me how much it would cost I did it myself.  Not the wisest of ideas but it worked.  It was the hardest thing holding my wife’s hand back in SF when the did hers. 

You lanced a boil in a hotel in Boston? Definitely not wise but major props in the “self sufficient” category.  Glad you both made it through, that is some serious stuff to deal with. 

5 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

You lanced a boil in a hotel in Boston? Definitely not wise but major props in the “self sufficient” category.  Glad you both made it through, that is some serious stuff to deal with. 

By “self sufficient” you mean “cheap bastard” right?  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I've done some crazy schitt to rub some nickels, and I've done even crazier schitt in hotel rooms.

But lancing your own boil in a hotel room?

That's some bold schitt right there.

• Like (+1) 1