California (again)

11 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Today was 'pronoun day' at work. 

I'm almost ashamed to admit this, but I play Words with Friends and each day they have a Word of the Day, where they give you the definition and audio play of the word.

Yesterday, the word was "Pride."

There were 10 definitions for this word. The first definition was "An event, as in a parade, primarily to emphasize misunderstandings and accomplishments about the LBQTLMNOP community."

Number 10 was something about a group of lions.

You WILL be made to care. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Hedge said:

This day is soon approaching where I work, as well. I am also in the insane state of CA.

I am going to also have to choose different pronoun forms to be included within my email signature.

I am thinking of going with he/her/his, then periodically switching it up to she/him/hers (because who are they to say I am not feeling gender fluid?!), just to keep all these bastards on their toes, while simultaneously being the HR departments worst nightmare.

Is "I am not indulging this Mickey Mouse bull####" considered a pronoun?

You know what?  ***** it.  I hereby declare that "I am not indulging this Mickey Mouse bull####" self-identifies as a pronoun.  If you disagree, you're racist.

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

My brother works in middle management at Google out here in California. They’re sending management to Austin for ‘diversity training’. I asked him what they were trying to fix, and he tells me they have too many Indian and Asian men working there. I busted up laughing! Apparently they have too many minority employees. And this from a company that pretends to know how to do everything and wants to teach us all how to be ‘woke’! 

Shhh....Asians aren’t real minorities.

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

Shhh....Asians aren’t real minorities.

I asked him what they’re looking for? His answer was pathetic. They have no clue. That company is so wound up in PC nonsense it can’t see the forest for the trees. 

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

Terrific article.

Political Cartoons by AF Branco

How is the economy in California? 

You scum bag have Mississippi and West Virginia, real garbage places and you make fun of the great state of California? F u you trashy heaps of sh it.

25 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

How is the economy in California? 

You scum bag have Mississippi and West Virginia, real garbage places and you make fun of the great state of California? F u you trashy heaps of sh it.

you're an idiot.

14 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Why are Blue states so much more prosperous than red states in general? All the poorest states are deep red 

it may be redundant but.... you're an idiot.

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

i'll let you state why so you can prove exactly how much of an idiot you are.

It just seems that Republican policies are designed to keep the people poor. Blue states sure do a better job of keeping the people healthy, wealthy and wise. 

Cry all you want. Cry :lol:

11 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

It just seems that Republican policies are designed to keep the people poor. Blue states sure do a better job of keeping the people healthy, wealthy and wise. 

let me help you out here...

just one for you for now, don't want to overload your senses.

most of those red states provide the food you eat and is for hard working blue collar types. most of your blue states are allergic to and not set up for hard manual labor. without these deplorables, you would starve.

California certainly doesn't fit your description however. is there going to be typhoid in the streets this Fall?

21 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

http://www.scragged.com/articles/democrat-disaster-cities

Some time back, CNN quoted a politician and asked who said it:

"I think the best way of doing good to the poor is not making them easy in poverty but leading them or driving them out of it."

Every politician talks about poverty because it's become a serious issue - regardless of morality, our many entitlement programs are taking our society down.  There is also a human cost.  The US Census Bureau says that nearly a third of the residents of Detroit and Buffalo live in poverty as the government defines it.  This is such a waste of human potential that both liberals and conservatives agree that Something Should Be Done.

Nobody claims to be pro-poverty, but if you ask for solutions, ideas break down along party lines.  Liberals want to increase taxes to give more to the poor, conservatives want to create opportunities and nudge the poor into jobs by cutting welfare as Pres. Clinton did.

Liberals and conservatives have thundered rhetoric at each other for years, but we finally have some facts.  CNN gave the US Census rankings for cities with the most poverty and showed how long these cities have been run by Democrats:

Poverty
Rank
City Democrat
Since
1 Detroit, MI 1961
2 Buffalo, NY 1954
3 Cincinnati, OH 1984
4 Cleveland, OH 1989
5 Miami, FL forever
6 St. Louis, MO 1949
7 El Paso, TX forever
8 Milwaukee, WI 1908
9 Philadelphia, PA 1952
10 Newark, NJ 1907

Five of our poorest cities have been led by Democrats for more than 45 years.  The two other cities on the list, Miami, FL and El Paso, TX have never had Republican mayors.  Not ever.

Correlation is not Causation

The fact that all of our very poorest cities are run by Democrats doesn't prove that Democratic policies lead to poverty, but it sure suggests it.  Fortunately, sociologists and economists have studied some of our older cities long enough to figure out what's going on.  We now know why Democratic policies lead to poverty.

Two Harvard economists described the "Curley Effect," named after Mayor James Curley of Boston who was elected to Boston's Board of Aldermen in 1904 despite being in prison on a fraud conviction when the election was held.

Mayor Curley showed Democrats how to win elections by taxing productive people and channeling the proceeds to less well-off groups.  This bought Irish votes.  As taxes went higher, productive citizens who tended to vote Republican fled to the suburbs, which tipped the balance further and further in favor of Democratic candidates.

In cities like Baltimore and Detroit, registered Democrats outnumber Republicans by 8 to 1 or more.  Is it any wonder that they've become single-party cesspools with no hope for change?

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Foxx said:

let me help you out here...

just one for you for now, don't want to overload your senses.

most of those red states provide the food you eat and is for hard working blue collar types. most of your blue states are allergic to and not set up for hard manual labor. without these deplorables, you would starve.

California certainly doesn't fit your description however. is there going to be typhoid in the streets this Fall?

So they are poor because they grow food??? Did you know...no, of course not...that only 2% of the population works in agriculture? 

Ok, fine, but why are most of the health care uninsured from red states? 

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

http://www.scragged.com/articles/democrat-disaster-cities

Some time back, CNN quoted a politician and asked who said it:

"I think the best way of doing good to the poor is not making them easy in poverty but leading them or driving them out of it."

Every politician talks about poverty because it's become a serious issue - regardless of morality, our many entitlement programs are taking our society down.  There is also a human cost.  The US Census Bureau says that nearly a third of the residents of Detroit and Buffalo live in poverty as the government defines it.  This is such a waste of human potential that both liberals and conservatives agree that Something Should Be Done.

Nobody claims to be pro-poverty, but if you ask for solutions, ideas break down along party lines.  Liberals want to increase taxes to give more to the poor, conservatives want to create opportunities and nudge the poor into jobs by cutting welfare as Pres. Clinton did.

Liberals and conservatives have thundered rhetoric at each other for years, but we finally have some facts.  CNN gave the US Census rankings for cities with the most poverty and showed how long these cities have been run by Democrats:

Poverty
Rank
City Democrat
Since
1 Detroit, MI 1961
2 Buffalo, NY 1954
3 Cincinnati, OH 1984
4 Cleveland, OH 1989
5 Miami, FL forever
6 St. Louis, MO 1949
7 El Paso, TX forever
8 Milwaukee, WI 1908
9 Philadelphia, PA 1952
10 Newark, NJ 1907

Five of our poorest cities have been led by Democrats for more than 45 years.  The two other cities on the list, Miami, FL and El Paso, TX have never had Republican mayors.  Not ever.

Correlation is not Causation

The fact that all of our very poorest cities are run by Democrats doesn't prove that Democratic policies lead to poverty, but it sure suggests it.  Fortunately, sociologists and economists have studied some of our older cities long enough to figure out what's going on.  We now know why Democratic policies lead to poverty.

Two Harvard economists described the "Curley Effect," named after Mayor James Curley of Boston who was elected to Boston's Board of Aldermen in 1904 despite being in prison on a fraud conviction when the election was held.

Mayor Curley showed Democrats how to win elections by taxing productive people and channeling the proceeds to less well-off groups.  This bought Irish votes.  As taxes went higher, productive citizens who tended to vote Republican fled to the suburbs, which tipped the balance further and further in favor of Democratic candidates.

In cities like Baltimore and Detroit, registered Democrats outnumber Republicans by 8 to 1 or more.  Is it any wonder that they've become single-party cesspools with no hope for change?

We were talking about states. You don't know the difference between cities and states? 

And your idea of simply cutting welfare to make people not poor is really stupid. If those things worked, why is Mississippi so poor? Why are so many of the red states so poor? 

8 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

So they are poor because they grow food??? Did you know...no, of course not...that only 2% of the population works in agriculture? 

Ok, fine, but why are most of the health care uninsured from red states? 

We were talking about states. You don't know the difference between cities and states? 

And your idea of simply cutting welfare to make people not poor is really stupid. If those things worked, why is Mississippi so poor? Why are so many of the red states so poor? 

You've never heard of City/States?