California (again)

• 2 weeks later...

Gavin Newsom issues a stay of execution for...everyone.

On the one hand, the death penalty is unfairly and unequally applied.

On the other hand, Newsom just went against the will of the voters, as represented by the state legislature.

And on the third hand...with a blanket stay that didn't at all take into consideration the nature of any individual cases, this idiot just stayed the execution of Charles Ng.  Charles mother*****ing Ng.  You'd be hard-pressed to find an ####### that deserved execution more than Charles Ng.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

In fairness, I'm sure most of them voted for him. :lol:

I wouldn't be surprised if he let a few slip out, al a Simon Phoenix in "Demolition Man." Few things make people need more government in their lives quite like fear. 

Google "Charles Ng."  Be warned that you will see the words "infants" and "power tools."

That ***** played the CA court system for 30 years to delay his execution...and now his sentence is commuted because he was patient?  I hope he's shanked.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Google "Charles Ng."  Be warned that you will see the words "infants" and "power tools."

That ***** played the CA court system for 30 years to delay his execution...and now his sentence is commuted because he was patient?  I hope he's shanked.

:sick:

56 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2019/03/13/newsom-calls-death-penalty-a-failure-halts-state-executions/

Newsome calls the death penalty a "failure". I don't know, the recidivism  rate was really low.

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

Don't mean to be so flippant, but the truth is, my house goes on the market next week and assuming I catch the wave we see in our area, I'm one foot out the door.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Don't mean to be so flippant, but the truth is, my house goes on the market next week and assuming I catch the wave we see in our area, I'm one foot out the door.

I know.  Not a problem.

Ng's case is one that just pisses me off to no end.  The most expensive case in CA history, and there's no one I can think of more deserving of a lethal injection (including Richard Ramirez and Jeffrey Dahmer), and Newsome just threw all of that away.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LABillzFan said:

Awesome!  I get to find a bargain when you all leave and the housing market crashes.  

44 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Yeah, we're probably going to rent in Idaho for a year and wait for the crash.

Why I'm still renting here and sitting on the proceeds from our house in Oakland.  When the market comes down (not sure if it will "crash" as no one knows) we'll buy our retirement home.  Still not sure if here (Palm Springs) or someplace else.  

On 3/13/2019 at 6:17 PM, Chef Jim said:

Why I'm still renting here and sitting on the proceeds from our house in Oakland.  When the market comes down (not sure if it will "crash" as no one knows) we'll buy our retirement home.  Still not sure if here (Palm Springs) or someplace else.  

Make sure it has a extra bedroom for the wife and I.

I not buying a retirement home.

We will just move around the country staying with friends for 5 weeks freeloading.  If we had more friends we would only stay a week. 

I will I’ll give you a meadcoin if the food is great. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, mead107 said:

Make sure it has a extra bedroom for the wife and I.

I not buying a retirement home.

We will just move around the country staying with friends for 5 weeks freeloading.  If we had more friends we would only stay a week. 

I will I’ll give you a meadcoin if the food is great. 

I’’m sorry.  Do I know you?  ?

1 minute ago, Koko78 said:

Party at Chef Jim's?

I'd like to do a little grilling and maybe some bocce. Since he's renting he may not have much of yard but instead we could all get ahold of a lowrider and start our own parade ending up at Chef's.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I'd like to do a little grilling and maybe some bocce. Since he's renting he may not have much of yard but instead we could all get ahold of a lowrider and start our own parade ending up at Chef's.

Chef's a chef! Why would you want to grille?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, mead107 said:

This April 1, 2019. 

Did you forget?  

Hope you have some good wine.  

I like Cake Bread Cabernet 

You know you're sleeping in the workshop, right?  The table saw should be quite comfortable.  

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

You know you're sleeping in the workshop, right?  The table saw should be quite comfortable.  

Are you at least going to let the saw be turned off first?

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

Of execution. 

Yeah...I'm still pissed off about Charles Ng.  

1 minute ago, Koko78 said:

Are you at least going to let the saw be turned off first?

That's really up to mead.  

It does not have a SawStop, I should note.  

On 3/13/2019 at 2:31 PM, LABillzFan said:

Yeah, we're probably going to rent in Idaho for a year and wait for the crash.

The CEO of the company I work for has a radio show and I'm a regular guest on it (yes, I've mentioned on there I have a face for radio).  We were talking about goal planning and he mentioned about people who want to move away from CA to someplace less expensive.  So I brought you up. "There's this message board numbskull....."  But seriously I mentioned that I have a friend who was moving to Idaho and that I joked with him that he'll become very familiar with Amazon because he'll need to have everything delivered because he'll be nowhere near anything.  And Jeff mentioned that it's always a good idea to rent like you're doing just to make sure you're making the right choice.  It will be aired April 13th 9am-10am on 1150 The Patriot if you're interested..  

31 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

The CEO of the company I work for has a radio show and I'm a regular guest on it (yes, I've mentioned on there I have a face for radio).  We were talking about goal planning and he mentioned about people who want to move away from CA to someplace less expensive.  So I brought you up. "There's this message board numbskull....."  But seriously I mentioned that I have a friend who was moving to Idaho and that I joked with him that he'll become very familiar with Amazon because he'll need to have everything delivered because he'll be nowhere near anything.  And Jeff mentioned that it's always a good idea to rent like you're doing just to make sure you're making the right choice.  It will be aired April 13th 9am-10am on 1150 The Patriot if you're interested..  

Regarding Memorial Day weekend, do you have MY Pillows on the bed?