Are we expecting a spending spree next year?

9 hours ago, ganesh said:

Correction. They will have the cap space to go after premium FA...Doesn't mean the Pegulas will put $90M plus into the team in one shot!!!

I think they'll listen to McBeane.  If they say they need $90M in players, the Pegulas will allow it.

8 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

Let me see a full healthy season from KB before we talk about retaining him.

I'm worried he's gonna be on the injury report a lot, like he has been for years.

Definitely.

On 6/3/2018 at 1:13 PM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..three expensive ones as well.............

..."signed a five-year extension worth $71.25 million in 2015 and still has three years and $34.43 million left on the deal."....

....and now he's a no show because the $34.43 mil isn't good enough........

• Vaughn McClure ESPN Staff Writer -June 11, 2018: 5:27PM

Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones informed the team he won't attend mandatory minicamp, general manager Thomas Dimitroff said in a statement released Monday.

"We have been in contact with Julio and his representation,'' Dimitroff said. "We will not discuss those conversations publicly except to say we feel they have been productive and constructive. We understand the concerns and thoughts from their perspective. Although not ideal, Julio informed us today he would not be attending mini-camp.

If you want a spending spree... please consult the experts....

Danny Boy Snyder

Chuck Schumer

Paul Ryan

Oh dear.... nobody gets anywhere with a spending spree....

DRAFT.... you either hit or you.... don't....

• Haha (+1) 1

So people have been talking about spending sprees and whatnot, but what I want to see is for one or two big ticket free agents coming in with front-loaded contracts so that the big impacts on our salary come when we can most afford to pay it, and when there aren't a lot of guys we're trying to resign. That way, when we ARE trying to resign our own players, these big ticket free agents are relatively cheap. Build for both next year AND the future. 

• Like (+1) 1

Yep after this season they will be offering a chunk to keep Benjamin around that is where it will start for sure then who knows where they go from there ! Maybe they will get Dawkins a extension before he demands a ton of cash !! 

7 minutes ago, T master said:

Yep after this season they will be offering a chunk to keep Benjamin around that is where it will start for sure then who knows where they go from there ! Maybe they will get Dawkins a extension before he demands a ton of cash !! 

Can't extend Dawkins. You are not allowed to extend people on rookie contracts until the end of their 3rd year.  

On 6/4/2018 at 5:40 AM, THE SLAMMER said:

I see Brandon Beane as a GM that loves having lots of Cap space. We shall see

It will be interesting.  He's got something like $15M right now, without Allen signing and after Wood's release.  Allen shouldn't be a bigger cap hit than $5M this year (and WTF is the hold up getting him signed?) 

He mentioned wanting to keep money free for an injury replacement or two, but $10M is a lot of change for that.  I wonder if he has a couple guys in mind he thinks might be cuts going into training camp or that he's trying to trade for - but there's no intermediate step-down this year (roster goes right from 90 to 53) so that would be a late addition.

• Like (+1) 1