Bills' OTAs Week 2 (May 29-31) - Practice Open to the Media on Thursday

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Mark has been around for quite a number of years, so I'll stick with calling him a reporter.

Thats fine, like I said I have no comment either way on it as I dont know who he is.  Was just shooting down the media credential as the barometer to determine that.

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Thats fine, like I said I have no comment either way on it as I dont know who he is.  Was just shooting down the media credential as the barometer to determine that.

If someone is actually on the scene with credentials to offer their perspective, I'd call them a reporter.  How good they might be is an entirely different question. 

21 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

If someone is actually on the scene with credentials to offer their perspective, I'd call them a reporter.  How good they might be is an entirely different question. 

Well, wasn't exactly what the person responding to you was debating, the quality of said "reporter"?

All good, I don't care, I was just commenting on the media credentials part and how meaningless it really is in defining a "reporter".  Its almost like saying people on yelp are "food critics" these days.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He has credentials to attend OTAs, minicamp, etc.  I'm gonna go ahead and call him a reporter. 

No thanks, I bet the onion could get into an open practice.

Edited by Boca BIlls

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

I EFFING hate the stream of conscious reporting that’s taken over in the breathless rush to be “first.” Are we really that hard up as fans and consumers?

First to Market:  News

Second to Market:  Old News

It's a sad but true equation in a 24/7 media world...

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

First to Market:  News

Second to Market:  Old News

It's a sad but true equation in a 24/7 media world...

Well, count me out. I can wait for a thoughtful, balanced, full report to be filed. 

• Like (+1) 1

Has there been anything negative on Allen besides that one pick? Also I know it sounds like I'm making excuses but it didn't seem like that big a deal to me. A pick during a two minute drill where you're trying to hustle down the field before time runs out is not all that surprising. Also to me interceptions seem like a natural part of practice especially during early days. I mean the focus for all the fans watching right now is obviously who makes the cut and earns a spot on the starting roster, but practice is for more than just that. Practice is the best place for the players to push their limits to see what they can do it counts. It's not like picks aren't a problem but early practices like this I'd really only be concerned if he was making the same mistakes repeatedly.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Did you see Allen hit the receiver both times. McCarron threw it way over the head of the receiver.  Maybe his shorts crawled up his butt, giving him a wedgie. Just joking about it. These are like warm up drills, I don't see why anyone would get exited one way or the other. For the money they are making they should be able to lay it in there 95% of the time. Until the pads are on I won't get too exited . I want the cream to rise to the top. If Allen or any of the others are not  up to the task, then they shouldn't start. Whoever gives the Bills the best chance to win.

A lot of people are saying Allen needs to sit because the line and blocking won't be good. I can see their point. But on the other hand he is definitely used to that. He mostly faced 8 man fronts, with teams challenging him to throw it deep to beat them. His OC ran the ball at the 8 man fronts. He honestly didn't know how to coach against them. And the receivers couldn't get separation on 1 on 1 coverage, so Allen is used to poor blocking and putting the ball into tight spaces. What he will see in the NFL will pretty much look the same. It was mind baffling that his OC couldn't figure out how to beat an 8 man front. Maybe Allen can't adapt to the NFL, but I will be suprised if he doesn't. 

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Allen with mixed-bag of results Thursday

Here are some notes and observations for the Bills OTA session Thursday, their sixth of ten this spring.

—QB reps: A.J. McCarron took all the first-team reps.  Nathan Peterman second-team reps, and Josh Allen worked exclusively with the third team.

—The Bills worked on 11-on-11 red zone situations early in practice, then 2-minute situations late. 

In the 2-minute drills:

5-31: Sal Capaccio's Observations on OTAs with Schopp and the Bulldog (21:41)

BRIAN DABOLL: "YOU HAVE TO EVOLVE EVERYDAY" (12:28)
The Bills offensive coordinator talks about balancing installing the offense with developing the quarterbacks, and getting every position enough reps to provide future flexibility.

LESLIE FRAZIER: "WE'RE PLEASED WITH THE PROGRESS" (11:00)
The Bills defensive coordinator talks about Tremaine Edmunds progress, the secondary working together, and the versatility of rookie Siran Neal.

PHOTOS: BEST OF BILLS 2018 OTAS - WEEK 2

temp20180531SS41843--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.

Take a look at some of the best photos from the second week of Buffalo Bills 2018 OTAs.

51 minutes ago, lookylookyherecomescookie said:

thank you.  I though it was me

Why is the NFL football called The Duke?

The official football of the National Football League, made by Wilson Sporting Goods, is called “The Duke” after Wellington Mara, the beloved New York Giants owner who started as a ballboy with the team in 1925 and died at age 89 in 2005.

Named after the Duke of Wellington by his father, Giants founder Tim Mara, young Wellington got the nickname “The Duke” from Giants players.

According to a history of “The Duke” by Wilson, the NFL first used the ball in 1941.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Buffalo Bills OC Brian Daboll already showing experience, versatility in OTAs

As the offseason progresses for the Buffalo Bills, so does the installation of new offensive coordinator Brian Daboll’s scheme. It is an offense that will be much more diverse than what Buffalo ran under Daboll’s predecessor, Rick Dennison, in 2017. This year, the Bills’ system will likely feature a wide array of run and pass concepts that can be drastically different from week-to-week, based on their opponent. Daboll acknowledged this, stating that his scheme was ‘ever-changing.’

By Matthew Fairburn | mfairburn@nyup.com

Orchard Park, N.Y. - AJ McCarron isn't going away quietly. 

Sean McDermott insisted the Buffalo Bills will have an open quarterback competition, and McCarron is taking every opportunity he gets to inch his way toward securing the job. 

At the Bills' sixth OTA practice on Thursday, McCarron took all of the first-team reps, while Nathan Peterman worked with the second-team offense and Josh Allen once again was running the third team. McCarron didn't disappoint, either. 

No, his highs aren't quite as high as Josh Allen's, but his lows aren't as low, either. That showed up on Thursday when the Bills had their second open practice of the spring. Here's a blow-by-blow account of what we saw in chronological order from when practice started at 11 a.m.