Mixed Couple TV Commercials

2 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Listen, you ignorant troll, OP can stand for either Original Poster or Original Post.  Here let me show you that this whole thing is not just my imagination.

https://fruittreeblog.com/2016/04/14/do-all-those-mixed-race-couples-on-tv-count-for-anything/

The great irony here is that even as Americans’ collective anxiety over race has risen, our society’s most vital institution — the nuclear family — is more racially integrated than ever before. A generation ago, about one-in-a hundred babies born in America could be considered multiracial; that number is now about one-in-ten. Not surprisingly, our attitudes about interracial marriage have dramatically changed as well. Back in 1958 just 4% of Americans said they approved of black-white marriage. Today that number is 87%.

But never mind all that for a moment. Let’s talk about something that really matters: TV commercials. Because the way I see it, the number of interracial romances, families and friendships you see on TV says a lot about American attitudes towards race.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

To be clear, movies or advertising companies or whoever else who put interracial couples front-and-center are not doing so out of some sense of civic duty or expression of high-minded ideals. This is about money. But making money in this case is about recognizing and responding to consumer tastes, and the fact that advertisers are so much more likely to feature mixed-race couples and families than they used to be is undoubtedly the result of painstaking research and careful insight suggesting this strategy now works with the broad American public. Do not for a second think this is an accident; multiple companies are clearly concluding that consumers will react positively to different races of people meshed together in the same ad, movie, or whatever.

First of all, -You are NOT Bahai faith, you are Mormon...-Sans the lowercase "m".

Secondly, -Wtf did I just read? -Are you somehow passing this amateur's thoughts off as your own? -Or is this nightmare 4th-grade book report another pathetic attempt

by you to duck consequences of an incendiary thread you yourself started?

I HATE calling people stupid, but I won't hesitate with you... The amount of fresh-squeezed dumass you have poured into this thread is simply mind-boggling.

-You're a marvel in that regard.

It started out with this:

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 6:47 AM, 3rdnlng said:

The amount of interracial couples in tv commercials is many times the amount in actuality.

A statement so ridiculous, and FALSE on it's face, it should never have been farted from your damaged brain.  But you didn't stop there...

You doubled-down with  :

Do these commercials even have a purpose?

Even if appealing to a wider consumer base was something you've NEVER heard of.  You COULD, in theory, have stopped typing right there.

But no... You HAD to shart this gem out:

I can't imagine that the use of interracial couples sells more product.

This one, I truly believe. -It's the one true thing your sad ass has said on this thread since you farted it.

My question is that if that if you can't leave your mom's basement long enough to meet your own damn neighbors, Wtf makes you think you can handle the complex marketing schemes of Madison avenue?

The bad news...   -You are an indomitable idiot.

The good news...  -DC Tom thinks you're cute. :thumbsup:

Edited by #34fan

6 hours ago, #34fan said:

First of all, -You are NOT Bahai faith, you are Mormon...-Sans the lowercase "m".

Secondly, -Wtf did I just read? -Are you somehow passing this amateur's thoughts off as your own? -Or is this nightmare 4th-grade book report another pathetic attempt

by you to duck consequences of an incendiary thread you yourself started?

I HATE calling people stupid, but I won't hesitate with you... The amount of fresh-squeezed dumass you have poured into this thread is simply mind-boggling.

-You're a marvel in that regard.

It started out with this:

A statement so ridiculous, and FALSE on it's face, it should never have been farted from your damaged brain.  But you didn't stop there...

You doubled-down with  :

Even if appealing to a wider consumer base was something you've NEVER heard of.  You COULD, in theory, have stopped typing right there.

But no... You HAD to shart this gem out:

This one, I truly believe. -It's the one true thing your sad ass has said on this thread since you farted it.

My question is that if that if you can't leave your mom's basement long enough to meet your own damn neighbors, Wtf makes you think you can handle the complex marketing schemes of Madison avenue?

The bad news...   -You are an indomitable idiot.

The good news...  -DC Tom thinks you're cute. :thumbsup:

You hate calling me stupid and I'm the "dumass"? You are in over your head down here, even when sober, so it's probably not a good thing to post when you are drunk. Talk about doubling down............................

Whats funny is only white people can be called racist - its en vogue,

because,  you just know all the other races aren't racist at all, i mean

that would be unpossible. 

Edited by Albwan

9 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I was actually going to try to engage.

This is:

-  Why President Trump win the election

-  Why President Trump will win in 2020

-  Why race relations are so bad inthis country

-  Why we will have a civil war with actual shooting in our lifetimes

You guys all think Trump will win in 2020? 

Hmmm...he might, but then again, as we have seen in the turnout for special elections, we might end up with a real liberal President, a very liberal House majority and a senate in 2020 that could go either way but Dems have a chance at taking. 

Are race relations worse now that in the 1960's? No, not even close. More mixed marriages, more opportunities for everyone and a backed in cultural acceptance of diversity 

And this civil war thing? I think if anyone starts shooting or Tim McVeigh bombing they will go to jail or die when the authorities crush them. 

43 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Hmmm...he might, but then again, as we have seen in the turnout for special elections, we might end up with a real liberal President, a very liberal House majority and a senate in 2020 that could go either way but Dems have a chance at taking. 

Are race relations worse now that in the 1960's? No, not even close. More mixed marriages, more opportunities for everyone and a backed in cultural acceptance of diversity 

And this civil war thing? I think if anyone starts shooting or Tim McVeigh bombing they will go to jail or die when the authorities crush them. 

Cocaine is a hello a drug....

14 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

You've clearly never read Xenophon.

That's a lot of great works you are covering there, my unlettered interest could never hope to get all that in over two lifetimes, if that were my interest of study....

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Race relations aren't worse today than the 1810s either, but that doesn't make them good.

Race relations have gotten worse sine the 90s.

1 minute ago, BringBackOrton said:

Race relations aren't worse today than the 1810s either, but that doesn't make them good.

Mixed marriages are up since then, too.

9 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

they are on TV, not sure how the actual day-to-day lifestyle is going with real people in real neighbourhoods.

4 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Hmmm...I'm not sure. 90's had Rodney King and riots, then the OJ thing was kind of racial, or very racial. The immigration issues has sort of pulled racial issues in another direction but I'm not sure things have gotten worse aside from politically. I think more people are more tolerant. What makes you argue they are worse? 

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Hmmm...I'm not sure. 90's had Rodney King and riots, then the OJ thing was kind of racial, or very racial. The immigration issues has sort of pulled racial issues in another direction but I'm not sure things have gotten worse aside from politically. I think more people are more tolerant. What makes you argue they are worse? 

Trayvon Martin, Mizzou, Ferguson, Eric Garner etc etc.

There was a 10+ year lull of racial "incidents" since OJ.

3 minutes ago, GG said:

Race relations improved from the 90's until 2012.

Same thing.

Starbucks is self-flaggelating today over a dumb decision by an employee, so race relations are on very super-driven hypersensitivity.

I'll leave it up to you to interpret today's events... 

14 hours ago, joesixpack said:

You know, I want to apologize for jumping on one of your posts a while back. After reading this, you gained some major points in my book. Also, congratulations on the engagement!

Much appreciated my friend. I’ve always enjoyed reading your thoughts. Here’s to some good discussion in the future. ??

11 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

He's competing very effectively with gator as a Disrupter of Threads. Gator could be in trouble if he misses any practice time.

I, for one, hope he does not supplant Tibs. #34tard does not have the same ring as gatortard.

14 hours ago, #34fan said:

Thanks for chiming in, but....

Game over. 

:) There's a chance I might understand more about white-guy bigot-banter than you do.

Whether it comes from your dad, or your uncles over a few beers... It's NEVER as innocuous as you might think.

You've got a great attitude, though... Hope the honeymoon lasts forever...

In the meantime.... I think we need some MORE RACE MIXING!!!!!!!

th?id=OIP.h78ELPYaC_-4U-fLi7bGOAHaEc&pid

Legarette Blount!!!

th?id=OIP.hDv-uoZih9mGwoBVCzgUSQHaEQ&pid

Deshaun Watson.

th?id=OIP.YFJU7TJCDWWiLn8-M8FuYwHaE7&pid

Antonio Brown!

th?id=OIP.8gLwp9ZuCBvrxcl6FzcMDwHaIB&pid

Bobby Dinero!

We can agree to disagree but I completely took 3rd’s comment sardonically and not as something full of animus. Looks back at my posts. I call myself and others “nigga” and “nigger.” Me and Boyst have had some fun with racial epithets back in forth in posting banter over the years. To me it’s disempowering in the spirit of Dave Chapelle. 

But again, we can agree to disagree. 

So, now you're adding Juror#8 to the lists of racists here? Out of all the people that have posted in this thread so far you are the only one that thinks the OP is racist. You are a race baiter, troll.

To be fair, I admitted that my outlook/acknowledgment of the biracial commercial trend could evidence a racial animus. So I could be secretly racist against is either my own people, or my pasty ass white blue-eyed wife or my mulatto chil’ren. 

It puts me in a weird space to be sure but at his point it seems like being racist is en vogue and I’m not going to be the one to !@#$ up the trend. 

Is #34 black?

I don’t think so based on a post on page 5 where he intimates that he has a white father and uncle who may or may not have once spoken indelicately around race. 

11 hours ago, #34fan said:

:lol: Poor Juror #8

Dude has no idea, he's the new the go-to guy for ALL Archie-Bunker wanna-be's who wanna feel good about their bigotry.

Enjoy the affirmation, because you'll find none here...

And what's with this 3rd person "OP" bullsh_t???

-The OP is YOU, mother___er! -You started the damn thread, dumass!

Bro you should look back at some of my posts. Especially circa 2013 and 2014. The ones with Oc and La Billz Fan were doozies. Some pretty contentious exchanges to be sure - especially around race in America, the public health system, poverty, social status, education, etc. I can say, with certainty, that if you read some of those bad boys you’ll know without a doubt that I’m no one’s token. Just not my grind. Not how I boogie. 

With that said,  neither 3rd nor Tasker are racists. They’re making observations about the world that incidentally implicate race. I’m of the opinion that we have to be careful in drawing any race observation in the territory of bigotry. If nothing else, it tends to devalue, trivialize, and muddle actual instances of racial bias and bigotry which I’ve argued, very pointedly, does occur in this world. 

Edited by Juror#8