Mixed Couple TV Commercials

5 minutes ago, #34fan said:

:lol: Holy sh_t!  -You mean there 40 or 50 million mixed race commercials out there????

I need some more freakin' cable channels!

Which way do you want it? Are the amount of commercials depicting mixed race couples equal to the amount of real-life couples or just representative of that? Is it 1=1 or 1 represents 100? If fifty % of the commercials being shown of couples are mixed race then are fifty % of the couples in the U.S mixed race?

28 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Which way do you want it? Are the amount of commercials depicting mixed race couples equal to the amount of real-life couples or just representative of that? Is it 1=1 or 1 represents 100? If fifty % of the commercials being shown of couples are mixed race then are fifty % of the couples in the U.S mixed race?

First of all, you said the AMOUNT, not the percentage, douchebag. -And either way you'd still be way off. Madison avenue is only now catching up with the rest of the country.  Progress delayed mostly by  narrow minded low-life's like you and DC Tom... -How will you ever explain this thread to your mixed-race grandkids?

41 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Or maybe just watch more than BET and Bounce.

Is that where they hide those agenda-laden race mixin' adverts????

I learn new things from you every day, Tom...

Most of which indicates that you're stupid, but...

Edited by #34fan

1 hour ago, Azalin said:

You pay way, way too much attention to race. Some day you'll stop worrying about skin color and view people as the individuals that they truly are.

Yah.

I'd say the shmuck who STARTED this thread pays too much attention Race. -When it's on TV, anyway... He has issues with the over-representation of biracial couples even though he, (nor anyone else) has ZIP in the way of numbers to back their nonsensical bullsh_t up.

These ignorant a___holes are creased by the biracial couple eating f___ing Cheerios, because they can't conceive a real-life equivalent. -Honestly,  that's the level of shmuckery we have to put up with on TBD these days.

Is it that hard for you WEAK-minded, bigoted, motherf___ers to come out of the dark ages in 2018? -How about just out of the CLOSET? -I think I'd settle for that.

Edited by #34fan
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Yah.

I'd say the shmuck who STARTED this thread pays too much attention Race. -When it's on TV, anyway... He has issues with the over-representation of biracial couples even though he, (nor anyone else) has ZIP in the way of numbers to back their nonsensical bullsh_t up.

These ignorant a___holes are creased by the biracial couple eating f___ing Cheerios, because they can't conceive a real-life equivalent. -Honestly,  that's the level of shmuckery we have to put up with on TBD these days.

Is it that hard for you WEAK-minded, bigoted, motherf___ers to come out of the dark ages in 2018? -How about just out of the CLOSET? -I think I'd settle for that.

So, now you're adding Juror#8 to the lists of racists here? Out of all the people that have posted in this thread so far you are the only one that thinks the OP is racist. You are a race baiter, troll.

1 hour ago, #34fan said:

Is that where they hide those agenda-laden race mixin' adverts????

I learn new things from you every day, Tom...

Most of which indicates that you're stupid, but...

It's where they hide the black programming.  But you knew that...

16 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

So, now you're adding Juror#8 to the lists of racists here? Out of all the people that have posted in this thread so far you are the only one that thinks the OP is racist. You are a race baiter, troll.

:lol: Poor Juror #8

Dude has no idea, he's the new the go-to guy for ALL Archie-Bunker wanna-be's who wanna feel good about their bigotry.

Enjoy the affirmation, because you'll find none here...

And what's with this 3rd person "OP" bullsh_t???

-The OP is YOU, mother___er! -You started the damn thread, dumass!

Edited by #34fan

I was actually going to try to engage.

This is:

-  Why President Trump won the election

-  Why President Trump will win in 2020

-  Why race relations are so bad in this country

-  Why we will have a civil war with actual shooting in our lifetimes

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

14 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Dude has no idea, he's the new the go-to guy for ALL Archie-Bunker wanna-be's who wanna feel good about their bigotry.

Listen, you ignorant troll, OP can stand for either Original Poster or Original Post.  Here let me show you that this whole thing is not just my imagination.

https://fruittreeblog.com/2016/04/14/do-all-those-mixed-race-couples-on-tv-count-for-anything/

The great irony here is that even as Americans’ collective anxiety over race has risen, our society’s most vital institution — the nuclear family — is more racially integrated than ever before. A generation ago, about one-in-a hundred babies born in America could be considered multiracial; that number is now about one-in-ten. Not surprisingly, our attitudes about interracial marriage have dramatically changed as well. Back in 1958 just 4% of Americans said they approved of black-white marriage. Today that number is 87%.

But never mind all that for a moment. Let’s talk about something that really matters: TV commercials. Because the way I see it, the number of interracial romances, families and friendships you see on TV says a lot about American attitudes towards race.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

To be clear, movies or advertising companies or whoever else who put interracial couples front-and-center are not doing so out of some sense of civic duty or expression of high-minded ideals. This is about money. But making money in this case is about recognizing and responding to consumer tastes, and the fact that advertisers are so much more likely to feature mixed-race couples and families than they used to be is undoubtedly the result of painstaking research and careful insight suggesting this strategy now works with the broad American public. Do not for a second think this is an accident; multiple companies are clearly concluding that consumers will react positively to different races of people meshed together in the same ad, movie, or whatever.

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

Listen, you ignorant troll, OP can stand for either Original Poster or Original Post.  Here let me show you that this whole thing is not just my imagination.

https://fruittreeblog.com/2016/04/14/do-all-those-mixed-race-couples-on-tv-count-for-anything/

The great irony here is that even as Americans’ collective anxiety over race has risen, our society’s most vital institution — the nuclear family — is more racially integrated than ever before. A generation ago, about one-in-a hundred babies born in America could be considered multiracial; that number is now about one-in-ten. Not surprisingly, our attitudes about interracial marriage have dramatically changed as well. Back in 1958 just 4% of Americans said they approved of black-white marriage. Today that number is 87%.

But never mind all that for a moment. Let’s talk about something that really matters: TV commercials. Because the way I see it, the number of interracial romances, families and friendships you see on TV says a lot about American attitudes towards race.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

To be clear, movies or advertising companies or whoever else who put interracial couples front-and-center are not doing so out of some sense of civic duty or expression of high-minded ideals. This is about money. But making money in this case is about recognizing and responding to consumer tastes, and the fact that advertisers are so much more likely to feature mixed-race couples and families than they used to be is undoubtedly the result of painstaking research and careful insight suggesting this strategy now works with the broad American public. Do not for a second think this is an accident; multiple companies are clearly concluding that consumers will react positively to different races of people meshed together in the same ad, movie, or whatever.

So what you're saying is that you hate blacks.

23 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Archie Bunker was one of the most brilliant characters ever shown on TV.

For reasons you will never, ever understand.

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Is #34 black?

I really have no idea if he is or not.  But for the purposes of this post,  I'm going to self-identify as someone who hates him for the color of his skin, whatever that is, because at this point in this ridiculous exchange, why the !@#$ not?

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, DC Tom said:

I really have no idea if he is or not.  But for the purposes of this post,  I'm going to self-identify as someone who hates him for the color of his skin, whatever that is, because at this point in this ridiculous exchange, why the !@#$ not?

He's competing very effectively with gator as a Disrupter of Threads. Gator could be in trouble if he misses any practice time.

7 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I lament the apparent new reality in which we're no longer going to be allowed to have difficult conversations about race, as if they weren't hard enough to have already.  Now this as the new impediment.

Tragedy writes itself. 

That is by design.

1 hour ago, #34fan said:

So, now you're calling Juror#8 the new House N****r? He responded to you earlier in a lengthy congenial post and gave you much more credit than what the rest of us know you deserve. I bet you make a hell of a party guest.

2 hours ago, #34fan said:

Yah.

You're the one here that's having an emotional meltdown. You're so eaten up by insecurity over your closet racism that you leap at every chance, grasp at every straw you can in a pathetic attempt to make others appear as ignorant as yourself. It ain't working.

Our society will be a much healthier, more accepting one when dinosaurs like you finally fade away for good.