Video Games

Fiance got me a PS4 for Christmas. Just got around to setting it up last weekend because we were using the room as storage after the hurricane. I honestly haven't bought a current video game system in like 10 years. The newest system I've owned in recent years has been a PS2. So far I have Madden 17 (5 bucks), Call of Duty WWII, which came with the system. LEGO: Star Wars, gift. Plan on buying MLB: The Show '17 this weekend.

My rule with sports games back when I kept up with it was buying the year old version. Other than roster changes, and a few bells and whistles, you can basically the same game for a fraction of the price. Any other game suggestions? 

FIFA is the best sports game on the planet.  Playing it for a few years has brought me a deeper understanding of the game, and has turned me into a true fan of the sport.

Other titles I'd suggest are Fallout 4, Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, and Grand Theft Auto V.

Any suggestions on racing games? Something relatively simple, where the focus is more on racing than car building? It's weird, I'm the farthest thing from a car guy, but I love playing car racing games. I used to have a Hotwheels Turbo Racing game for PS1 which was actually a lot of fun. Just pick your car, and race. 

Just now, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I'll probably buy guitar hero. Basically the same thing as playing a real guitar. 

Playing a real guitar gets you laid more.

• Haha (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I don't understand.  Is there something wrong with looking for guys?

Sidebar: My parents got into this hypothetical argument while my mom was pregnant with me. My mom asked what would happen if the baby ended up being gay. My dad skirted around the question, and stormed out of the room.

2 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

The new Red Dead when it comes out in the Fall

I second this. Grand Theft Horse is a great game.

I've not played the latest Mass Effect game yet but I'd recommend the whole series. Because I'm a big kid at heart, Crash Bandicoot as well.

2 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Fiance got me a PS4 for Christmas. Just got around to setting it up last weekend because we were using the room as storage after the hurricane. I honestly haven't bought a current video game system in like 10 years. The newest system I've owned in recent years has been a PS2. So far I have Madden 17 (5 bucks), Call of Duty WWII, which came with the system. LEGO: Star Wars, gift. Plan on buying MLB: The Show '17 this weekend.

My rule with sports games back when I kept up with it was buying the year old version. Other than roster changes, and a few bells and whistles, you can basically the same game for a fraction of the price. Any other game suggestions? 

Funny!  Your situation echoes my own.

My S.O. also got me PS4 for Xmas, with the COD game!  

Just a couple of days ago, I watched some "top 20" videos of best PS4 games to date on youtube, also looking for good game suggestions. 

There are a bunch of these videos.  You might want to watch a few and see which games speak to you.

A few that jumped out at me are: Unchartered 4, Bloodborne, Fallout 4, The Last of Us, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Nioh, FarCry5, and Journey.

Check out Journey in particular!  Not sure if this is your thing, but a lot of reviews suggest it is straight up one of the best video games ever made, by anyone, for any system.