Bills' OTAs Week 1 (May 22-24) - Practice Open to the Media on Thursday

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

It's been NFL policy for decades to let the player who has been with the team before to start the workouts as the incumbent. It's ceremonial but makes sense. I doubt Peterman makes the 53, regardless of the fact that McDermott clearly likes him

That is only true if the guy who returns is being given a legit chance to compete for the starting spot. Otherwise this simply does not happen.

The Bills have sh*t options at QB to start the season, as such I dont think its far fetched to think Peterman may win the job. Do I think it will happen? Proabaly not, but I’m not one to confuse what I think will happen with what will happen. Stranger things have happened than Peterman beating out a raw rook and AJ McCarron.

If I had to guess Id say he Bills carry three QBs into the season. Teams that only carry two usually have a solid starter. The Bills have three young guys, I think theyll keep all of them unless someone better becomes available via free agency.

With the Bills back in town for the first week of OTAs, the guys are back at it after the first practice they were able to see. What were some of the biggest takeaways from this year's version of the roster? Joe Buscaglia and Matthew Fairburn paint the roster with a wide brush after the first week of OTAs

By Matthew Fairburn | mfairburn@nyup.com

Orchard Park, N.Y. - The Buffalo Bills are doing everything they can to make sure Josh Allen doesn't feel added pressure. At the moment, it seems to be worked. 

Sure, Nathan Peterman and AJ McCarron were splitting first-team reps while Allen worked exclusively with the third team at OTAs on Thursday. The rookie shrugs it off. It's not that he doesn't want to win the job, he's just not putting too much stock into the order of reps.  

"I'm going out there and I'm trying to do everything right," Allen said. "I'm not trying to do too much. Whatever Coach [Brian] Daboll and Coach [David] Culley are preaching to me is what I'm going to go out there and I'm going to do. I'm going to trust my teammates, put the ball where it needs to be, let them go make some plays, and it's as simple as that." 

Allen didn't look like a third-string quarterback on Thursday afternoon, the first OTA session open to the media. Allen can sling the duke, and he knows it. He made that clear in the two-hour practice during a picture-perfect Orchard Park afternoon. 

Here's what we learned. 
Josh Allen's day
How did Peterman look?
Travaris Cadet back up to speed
Zay Jones out for the spring
Kelvin Benjamin back to full speed
Offensive line rotation
Tremaine Edmunds playing MIKE
Cornerback alignment
Harrison Phillips get a shot with the ones
Where does Shaq Lawson fit?

8 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

If I saw that guy in the gym, at the bank, or at a Denny’s, I’d be 98% sure that he was a fullback.

I was going to say the same.

Sure looks the part. Down to the haircut and facial structure 

4 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

It's been NFL policy for decades to let the player who has been with the team before to start the workouts as the incumbent. It's ceremonial but makes sense.

Yep -- that's why the Bills are letting Tyrod start the workouts as the incumbent... in Cleveland.?

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Turkey bacon?

10 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yes.  We care about our arteries in our household.

Keurig coffee and homes style OJ....I love pulp.

pffffft... arteries???? Who cares about those things????

Bacon...

mmmmmmmmmmmm ?

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Did he really delete his account? I thought he was just still in mourning. Check the AZ Cardinals board... 

10 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He deleted his account after we drafted Allen?

9 hours ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Yep, his username no longer exists. I actually respect that, in a weird sort of way.

Doesn't that just mean he's here as another username?

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, eball said:

He did really well on between the tackle runs.  It was the ridiculous wide sweeps Dennison called that were inexplicable -- I bet McD thought so as well.

No, Tolbert sucked between the tackles last year, too, just less so than those ridiculous wide sweeps.

6 hours ago, Albwan said:

they only mentally cut him because they were embarrassed their ty-god had to sit

No, it's because he has one of the weakest NFL arms I've ever seen and yet, for some reason, a gunslinger's mentality, which is the worst combination you could probably have for an NFL QB.

BILLS TODAY: BILLS QBS WORK TOGETHER DURING OPEN COMPETITION

052518-bills-today.jpg

Here's the Bills news of note for May 25th.

SIGHTS AND SOUNDS: QB'S AND WR'S (1:00)
Take a look at some of the top highlights from week 1 of OTA's as Bills QB's and WR's discuss what they've been working on and how they are working together to grow as a team.

AJ MCCARRON: "IT'S BEEN FUN, EVERYONE IS LEARNING" (5:48)
The Bills quarterback talks about sharing the reps in the quarterback competition, what he sees in Kelvin Benjamin, and his relationship with Nathan Peterman and Josh Allen.