Rookie Lowell Lotulelei retiring from football

28 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Curious if big bro had some words of discouragement about playing in the league.

Discouragement??

More like : "Bro, the Bills signed me for 50 million----25 million guaranteed! LOLOL"

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Discouragement??

More like : "Bro, the Bills signed me for 50 million----25 million guaranteed! LOLOL"

1st rounder that can still play vs a UDFA.  That brinks truck ain't rolling into Lowell's' driveway anytime soon.

26 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Karl Malone’s kid decides to check out after rookie minicamp too 

I’m surprised KJ even put his name in the draft to begin with. He almost left the LSU football team before his senior year because he has a passion for law enforcement and wants to be a US Marshall.

14 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Maybe he doesn't want to put his body through the beating. I don't understand what your problem is...

apparently someone deciding not to play professional football is an indictment of a whole generation.

• Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Maybe he doesn't want to put his body through the beating. I don't understand what your problem is...

My comment was about 99% sarcastic. But it is pretty easy to be frustrated with someone who just walks away after being blessed with the physical talents to make millions playing a game. Yes, it is dangerous physically, which is where the sarcasm comes in.

4 minutes ago, scribo said:

My comment was about 99% sarcastic. But it is pretty easy to be frustrated with someone who just walks away after being blessed with the physical talents to make millions playing a game. Yes, it is dangerous physically, which is where the sarcasm comes in.

I don't blame any athlete from walking away from football.  Seeing how many people have died and gotten life injuries from it, I respect the decision.  There are many other ways to make a lot of money.

1 minute ago, scribo said:

why would you be frustrated? And as a UDFA, he probably doesn't have the talent to make millions, and it's not just a 'game', it's a job, a lifestyle, a full-time commitment to a team goal of winning a championship. Sorry , but I hate when people refer to professional sports as 'a game', it's so much more than that.

• Like (+1) 1

It is still a game. It takes a certain lifestyle to win in it. And the reports out of Utah and throughout the scouting world were that he didn't work hard, did not chase his potential all through his final college season. Going into last year most everyone thought he had a real chance. Anytime someone wastes an opportunity, it is frustrating to me. So many others give everything they have and come up short because of, at least in part, a lack of talent.

Edited by scribo

2 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

Reports that I just read said they waived him, so he's going to retire from football since he got cut.

The report was that it was a $15,000 signing bonus.

I'm sure Denver will let him keep it since they cut him.

If they cut him, there isn't any "let", you sign him, you cut him, he keeps his bonus.

Yeah, UDFA don't get a lot of bonus, same rookie pay scale but way less signing bonus.

3 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

He needs to man up and give that money back. 

If he retired while he was on the roster, no "man up" needed, accountants will come calling.

He got cut, his money.

• Like (+1) 2

I find it amazing that anyone would want a guy to give back his money to a team that generates millions in profits, gets tax subsides, won't give guaranteed contracts, and benefits from playing in a league that is classified as a non profit. 

Personally, I root for players to get money from these teams. They're gross. I don't root for it to hurt my team salary cap wise, but the league is disgusting. A guy gets 15k from Denver, a team that has taken season tickets away from holders because they thought the season ticket holder was profiting too much on the secondary market. 

!@#$ them, I know he got cut so that's not why he is keeping the 15k. But I don't care, get your money and run. This isn't like any other business. 

Edited by Ol Dirty B
  • Like (+1) 3