2018 Season Record Predictions

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

You can’t host a wild card game. There is no such thing. The division winners host playoff games. The only game that you can host as a wild card is if the 5th and 6th place teams play in the AFC Championship.

woops mybad, don't know what i was thinking.

If Murphy can regain form off the edge, and Edmunds learns quickly, we can have a nasty defense this year.  Our run stopping and dbacks are very good already.     Its just a huge question mark at qb and Oline so its nearly impossible to predict how we will move the ball.   Ten wins would be awesome. 

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

I think/fear so too. Big step back. Hopefully 2 steps forward in ‘19..

I'm curious about those in the "big step back" camp as I believe the defense will be better -- perhaps much better -- than a year ago.  I guess you're looking at the offense, but I really don't see how the Bills' offensive production -- particularly through the air -- could get much worse than what we saw a year ago.

Add it all up and I think this team is better than last year's.

I think Allen plays early, not to start the season, but I think after week 7 he'll be in there playing.   And with a rookie QB there will be growing pains.  Look at the Eagles, 2016- 7-9 with Wentz but you could see he was the real deal he was just a rookie.  2nd year they win the super bowl.    

Give Allen a season in the NFL to adjust, then take all that 80 million in cap space in 2019 and all those draft picks we still have and load this roster and make a run.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Chandler#81 said:

I think/fear so too. Big step back. Hopefully 2 steps forward in ‘19..

That’s where I am at (although I think the defense might be really good). We are going to have a hard time scoring. If Allen looks the part it could be a game or so better. I’m okay with this year regardless of the record because I think that they are set up long-term. The goal is to win championships not wild cards. If it is a step back to get there, so be it.

• Like (+1) 1

At Baltimore: L

vs LAC: W 

At Vikings: L 

at Packers: L (1-3 1st quarter in)

vs Tennessee: W 

at Houston: L 

At Colts: W 

vs Patriots: W (4-4 2nd quarter in)

Vs Bears: W

at Jets: L

Vs Jags: L

at Miami: L (5-7 3rd quarter in)

Vs Jets: W

Vs Lions: W

at Patriots: L

vs Miami: W (8-8 4th quarter in)

I actually could see them 7-9 or even 6-10 with losses to LAC and more likely Pats at home (although I have a good feeling for that one). This to me is a transition season and all about Allen's development. As long as they don't crater to like 4 wins I"m ok with 5-7 wins.

13 minutes ago, eball said:

I'm curious about those in the "big step back" camp as I believe the defense will be better -- perhaps much better -- than a year ago.  I guess you're looking at the offense, but I really don't see how the Bills' offensive production -- particularly through the air -- could get much worse than what we saw a year ago.

I suppose I am in the big step back camp even though I had them at 8-8 just because I think 6-10 or 7-9 is very likely. I believe the team will be competitive and not blown out in games because I do think the defenses improves. But the offense needs time for the O-line to gel, they are incredibly shaky at WR after Benjamin, and while the offense wasn't sensational in the least last year they didn't turn the ball over. If they open it up and have more turnovers that's no conducive for a young learning offense/QB. Personally I am ok with this because Wentz's Eagles went 7-9 and Goff's Rams were even worse, but both grew big time last year. I just want to see enough signs that this really can work long term.

wish I could make a prediction before the roster is set. I haven't the prophetic abilities to do so without knowing who the starters are so I'll just go with

0-16

I'm sure once camp/preseason have passed, in about another four months, my prediction will likely change.

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, eball said:

Well, for me, it’s about a brand new offense with at least 5 new players trying to familiarize themselves with each other and ‘the system’, coupled with a grueling road schedule to open the season. I fear the losses will pile up quickly and McD will turn to Allen way too early, in a vain attempt to salvage the season (see 2017 vs Chargers). It’s also my opinion that -with the exception of Safety play, Tre White & more T/O’s than anyone could ever count on, our defense was a sieve and I’m not impressed with Star or the Redskin castoff. For as intriguing as Edmunds & Milano are, they’re both Very young & will be exploited for at least this year. 

Im honestly not trying to be a downer, I just don’t see a high enough talent level overall yet to compete every week.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Well, for me, it’s about a brand new offense with at least 5 new players trying to familiarize themselves with each other and ‘the system’, coupled with a grueling road schedule to open the season. I fear the losses will pile up quickly and McD will turn to Allen way too early, in a vain attempt to salvage the season (see 2017 vs Chargers). It’s also my opinion that -with the exception of Safety play, Tre White & more T/O’s than anyone could ever count on, our defense was a sieve and I’m not impressed with Star or the Redskin castoff. For as intriguing as Edmunds & Milano are, they’re both Very young & will be exploited for at least this year

Im honestly not trying to be a downer, I just don’t see a high enough talent level overall yet to compete every week.

looks like a season to look forward to for sure. 

no, you're really not being a downer. you, like everyone else predict, choose how you may. even though I have admitted I have no idea without the roster set, I can say whole heartedly that I totally disagree with the dark cloud season you project, totally disagree.

• Like (+1) 1

2018 Season Record Predictions: Buffalo Bills fans will set a record for most broken folding tables by using the human body in one day.

Someone should call Guinness World Records.  

Edited by Ifartalot
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Well, for me, it’s about a brand new offense with at least 5 new players trying to familiarize themselves with each other and ‘the system’, coupled with a grueling road schedule to open the season. I fear the losses will pile up quickly and McD will turn to Allen way too early, in a vain attempt to salvage the season (see 2017 vs Chargers). It’s also my opinion that -with the exception of Safety play, Tre White & more T/O’s than anyone could ever count on, our defense was a sieve and I’m not impressed with Star or the Redskin castoff. For as intriguing as Edmunds & Milano are, they’re both Very young & will be exploited for at least this year. 

Yeah, we just disagree on the talent level and how well the coaching staff will have them prepared.  Unlike you, I believe Allen will start the season and that's not a bad thing.

• Like (+1) 1