Got a hankering for an ice cream cone?

Just Jack

We pass an ice cream place on the way to my favorite dog walking trail. After we stop and get the dog her own small dish of chocolate soft serve. She now knows the place from the road and gets all excited when she sees it. So why not a bear...other than the potential loss of limbs?

32 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

We pass an ice cream place on the way to my favorite dog walking trail. After we stop and get the dog her own small dish of chocolate soft serve. She now knows the place from the road and gets all excited when she sees it. So why not a bear...other than the potential loss of limbs?

Im not a vet but I always was told chocolate is unhealthy for dogs

https://www.rover.com/blog/can-dog-eat-chocolate-ice-cream/

• Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Im not a vet but I always was told chocolate is unhealthy for dogs

https://www.rover.com/blog/can-dog-eat-chocolate-ice-cream/

I don't know how much actual chocolate is in soft serve ice cream. I've had many dogs and never seen an adverse reaction from it. I did have one dog that found and ate an entire one pound Chunky bar. She puked it up all day but lived.

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

I don't know how much actual chocolate is in soft serve ice cream. I've had many dogs and never seen an adverse reaction from it. I did have one dog that found and ate an entire one pound Chunky bar. She puked it up all day but lived.

Yea maybe it’s minuscule 

I have had tons of dogs and never given them chocolate ice cream so wasn’t sure

Dark chocolate is the worst for a dog.  Milk chocolate contains a relative small amount of actual chocolate that your dog should be ok, unless you have one of those yappy cat dog things.  In that case,  maybe it should just die anyway? Kidding.....i think.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Chocolate is poisonous to dogs... Isn't it.  Actually chocolate is extremely poisonous to other pets, like cats.  It's poisonous to humans too... But you have to eat a lot. 

FWIW... The only mammal that can tolerate it in huge quantities is the rat.

20 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Dark chocolate is the worst for a dog.  Milk chocolate contains a relative small amount of actual chocolate that your dog should be ok, unless you have one of those yappy cat dog things.  In that case,  maybe it should just die anyway? Kidding.....i think.

Oops.  Posted mine before reading yours.

21 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

My sister’s dog (mini-dauchshund) got into my suitcase while I was visiting home, and ate 2 large pot brownies with chocolate chunks.  He laid on his side kicking his legs with his tongue hanging out for about 8 hours, but other than that, he ended up just fine ?

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

My squirrels like chocolate; unfortunately they seem resistant to the poisoning.

A couple of birds seem to like it too.

Well birds are birds.  Squirrels close to being rodents?  Are they rodents?

Birds also have no mucus membrane??? So they are resistant to the hot peppers... From what I remember reading.  You can't burn them out, say seagulls w/red hot Cheetoes... 

:D

12 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Birds also have no mucus membrane??? So they are resistant to the hot peppers... From what I remember reading.  You can't burn them out, say seagulls w/red hot Cheetoes... 

Squirrels are bunnies with an inferior PR director. But they really do suck at crossing the road. 

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I know the hot pepper bothers the squirrels in the bird food but they apparently learned to adjust.

• Haha (+1) 1