Zane Beadles cut by 49ers

Zane Beadles was cut by the San Francisco 49ers.  Is 31, would be a low cost addition to the offensive line and provide back-up depth at both guard and tackle.  This would allow the Bills to start Groy at center, possibly a guard combo of Miller, Beadles and Ducasse as we bring Teller along.  Dawkins, Mills, Newhouse and McDermott at T.  Solid line with depth when we include Bodine.

thoughts?

49ers released OG Zane Beadles.

Beadles had one season remaining on the three-year, $11.75 million deal he signed in 2016. The move clears $3.5 million against the cap. A mega-bust at left guard in 2016, Beadles was no better as he shifted all along the line last season. The former second-rounder turns 32 in November. May 7 - 

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5833/zane-beadles

doesn't sound good

I have a feeling the Bills aren’t going to sign anyone yet for interior line help. The staff is going to see how Bodine, Groy, Miller, Ducasse, and Teller shake out for starters and depth. Tackle is more concerning. At least between Bodine, Groy, Miller, and Ducasse there are some quality NFL starts. Once you get past Dawkins, Newhouse and Mills at tackle, what is left is a big unknown. Heck even Mills and Newhouse are hopes that they play the best they ever have to be decent.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, RPbillsfan said:

Zane Beadles was cut by the San Francisco 49ers.  Is 31, would be a low cost addition to the offensive line and provide back-up depth at both guard and tackle.  This would allow the Bills to start Groy at center, possibly a guard combo of Miller, Beadles and Ducasse as we bring Teller along.  Dawkins, Mills, Newhouse and McDermott at T.  Solid line with depth when we include Bodine.

thoughts?

i would assume bodine will be under center with a.j. having worked with him for 4 yrs.

that being said, i would think...dawkins / groy,teller / bodine / miller,ducasse / newhouse

Edited by billsredneck1

I think McDermott is the key, if he progresses and wins the starting job---because he is better than Mills and Newhouse, the line will be in good shape. .... We are solid in the middle, probably no all-pros, but decent depth and abilities there, the key is the development of a quality Right Tackle. I'm hoping it's McDermott on merit.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, billsredneck1 said:

i would assume bodine will be under center with a.j. having worked with him for 4 yrs.

that being said, i would think...dawkins / groy,teller / bodine / miller,ducasse / newhouse

So you really believe the retirement plan by Richie Incognito ??  :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RPbillsfan said:

thoughts?

Bodine will start at Center

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

i hadn't thought about that lately...since drafting teller. i guess i wouldn't be surprised if richie showed up around july, but i'm ready to move on. this was likely his last year here anyway. we were gonna face this turnover starting next year, but i think it will work out better going through it this year.

• Like (+1) 1

i hadn't thought about that lately...since drafting teller. i guess i wouldn't be surprised if richie showed up around july, but i'm ready to move on. this was likely his last year here anyway. we were gonna face this turnover starting next year, but i think it will work out better going through it this year.

1 mil should do the trick. The Bills need to stop playing around before it truly becomes to late.

This is a team leader Pro bowl player.

Edited by HOUSE

Just now, HOUSE said:

1 mil should do the trick. The Bills need to stop playing around before it truly becomes to late.

This is a team leader Pro bowl player

i haven't heard a word about him in quite a while and i listen to the bills talk everyday. (wgr and 950)

i haven't heard a word about him in quite a while and i listen to the bills talk everyday. (wgr and 950)

Its a dark secret that escapes the media. The Bills need to tear up the old deal then start from scratch before it becomes to late.

Edited by HOUSE

53 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

I don't know if the Bills believe the retirement plan by Richie Incognito, but if he's "just kidding!" I don't think Beane and Co are amused.

12 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Its a dark secret that escapes the media. The Bills need to tear up the old deal then start from scratch before it becomes to late.

I'm Richie, I don't hold my breath. 

17 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

This is a team leader Pro bowl player

I don't think the former and the latter statement go together. 

I don't think Beane and McDermott are interested in "team leaders" who sign a contract, then try to hold them to ransom while having a public hissy fit on social media or whatever that was.

Beadles has been an okay player for a number of years. He was a bust in Jacksonville as a big free agent signing and I think it is because he is a poor fit for power running teams. He really excelled as a zone based lineman because finesse and speed is more his game than power. I very much prefer Joeckel or Boone, but if they aren't happy with the LG spot, this guy makes some sense. 

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't know if the Bills believe the retirement plan by Richie Incognito, but if he's "just kidding!" I don't think Beane and Co are amused.

I'm Richie, I don't hold my breath. 

I don't think the former and the latter statement go together. 

I don't think Beane and McDermott are interested in "team leaders" who sign a contract, then try to hold them to ransom while having a public hissy fit on social media or whatever that was.

He never signed the contract and even if he did there is no excuse for asking a Prowl bowl player to take a pay cut.

nuff said....

1 minute ago, HOUSE said:

He never signed the contract and even if he did there is no excuse for asking a Prowl bowl player to take a pay cut.

nuff said....

C'mon man...guys like Richie are asked to take pay cuts all of the time. He's old, his play is declining, and they must feel like they can replace his production. It happens all of the time, and it is why you see dudes like Dez Bryant on the open market. This isn't anything new. Pro Bowl also means nothing. 

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Doc said:

RI may want to come back, but I think the Bills have moved on. 

And and I see the line as: Dawkins-Teller-Groy-Miller-McDermott and I’m okay with that. 

Still listed on the reserve/retired list.

If the Bills moved on they wouldn't be holding his rights and a roster spot.

3 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Still listed on the reserve/retired list.

If the Bills moved on they wouldn't be holding his rights and a roster spot.

They aren't going to release him so he can go sign with some other team. I'm sure he is welcome back at the agreed upon discounted rate if he wants to come back. It is the same as the Boldin situation last year. He's either got to be a Bill or stay retired.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, nucci said:

Bodine will start at Center

In my opinion, other than Dawkins at LT I am not that sure anything is 100% on the line.

This will be a very fluid process going through July - August.  Competition in camp and preseason will show who is starting where.

2 minutes ago, TheBeane said:

In my opinion, other than Dawkins at LT I am not that sure anything is 100% on the line.

This will be a very fluid process going through July - August.  Competition in camp and preseason will show who is starting where.

I get that but he was signed to be the starter and most likely is No.1 on depth chart to start camp

• Like (+1) 1